Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
So, Who the Hell is Kruegan, Anyway?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash follows Animus' gaze and blanches. He wasn't adverse to blood but scenes of torture were abhorrent to him. He was never one for horror movies, as far as he remembered anyway.

Tug sees everyone congregating around the door as Ankh tries to distract him and looks confused. "Hold on, I want to see what they've found. They might have found his anchor." He moves up to look over the shoulder of Henry, Animus, and Ash, asking "What is it? What did you fin-" Then he sees the tables...the weapons...the devices...the restraints. His stomach sinks.

Tug doesn't looks so happy anymore. "Please let me through," he rumbles quietly, his brown eyes set with dark intensity. "Something of Tom's might be in there."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus sees Tug's intensity, his need, and knows he cannot deny the other Thyrsus this. Besides, Tug would know better than anyone what Falx had cared about. He quickly steps aside wordlessly, allowing Tug through.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash too steps aside and observes Tug's movements. Hopefully, he will be able to recognise anything of significance to....

"Falx, is this where it happened?" he asks, turning to look at the deceased Arrow.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry hesitates at letting the big man through. His loss was the whole reason they were here, but letting him trample through the most private room in the house was the best way to wipe away anything the Banishers might have left behind.

Why do other people always have to complicate things? Having a million thoughts made Henry versatile, but that doesn't mean he understood the current behind all of those thoughts. And rushing headlong into something out of emotion was something he had purged from his self years ago.

Still, the man needed this. The Arrows needed this. The Thyrsus Councilor obviously needed this. Speaking slowly, neutrally, with a tone that's surprisingly close to orders, Henry answers Tug, "Tread carefully. There's no telling what they left behind, and I don't want to waste clues by trampling for mementos. Or trigger some sort of trap." He makes eye contact with Tug, trying to imprint on him the importance of this. Then he steps aside and lets the big man through. Here's hoping this isn't a mistake.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh sighs and shakes her head.

Silly me, thinking I could distract him from anything. Right, so may as well go see what all the fuss is about.

She walks over to find the hidden room and makes her way down the stairs, or as far as she can get with the others in the way. She gets a glimpse of what is beyond the other men and her face drains of color. Without saying anything, Ankh turns and heads back up the stairs. It isn't that she doesn't want to help but she also has no wish to lose her lunch. She has no want to spend any amount of time in that room. Her mind begins to wander back to her initiation into the Aroows and what Kai had done to her. Granted it had been simple and there were no real torture impliments involved, but it had still scared the shit out of Ankh and taught her a very valuable lesson.

Always be on your guard because yuou don't know what the person next to you is.

She decides to go upstairs to the library and busy herself looking through those books. That's helpful right?

PRE

Tug doesn't say anything as he walks inside the Banisher's torture chamber, the place his brother was likely killed. Biscuit flutters about excitedly beside him, checking out this set of pliers and that unnecessarily large needle and that...Tug gets the impression that the little blob is sniffing everything. He can't blame it for what it is, but its enthusiasm is rather unsettling. He was going to have to house-train it.

"Come on, Biscuit," he mumbles, "get off of that-" Tug looks at what the pain spirit had found. A set of dog tags belonging to Tom Briggs, stained dark with blood. Tossed casually on the floor. Tug's anger burns hot in his chest. He wants to scream, he wants to throw something, he wants to...he wants to kill those goddam Banishers, is what he wants to do. Instead, he takes a deep breath as he reaches down to picks them up. <<"Good Biscuit.">> There will be time for the Banishers soon.

He walks out and shows them the bloody tags. "This is it. I know it." He looks at Henry. "What are we doing with this place?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx shakes is head. "The last I remember is getting the shit kicked out of me in an alley." It had been a failure, a complete failure, but maybe he can do some good dead.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry watches carefully over Tug's rummaging. Anything the man took was something that couldn't be observed, and dissected under a microscope.

At the man's question, Henry looks into his eyes, and answers, "As I understand it, the Arrows wanted this Sanctum back. Now they have it. I wouldn't use it until the Banishers are definitely gone, if I were you." 'Definitely gone' being, of course, a gentle euphemism. "We should get someone in here who can look to the past. Tell us exactly how much they learned from your friend." He speaks without emotion, without inflection. Diving int his duties : His own version of a coping mechanism.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus considers offering to help, but what was the point? They'd need more than a few seconds, and just finding the right time would be a craps-shoot at best. Finally he shakes his head. "Do we even need the past when we can ask his ghost?"

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread