Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Making "Friends" (Attn: Anyone)

(Grey Hoods) Freezer Burn
Feb 3, 2023 - May 22, 2023
(City on Fire) Matches
Feb 22, 2023 - Sep 6, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

"Sure," Lenny answered with an easy smile. He caught the bartender's eye and ordered a merlot. "I'm Lenny," he said, extending a hand around Eric to Taylor.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Taking the other kindred's hand and shaking it, Taylor flashes his perfect smile in reply. "I'm Taylor." There were beasts all around him/her, one even more powerful than his/hers, this was turning out to be an interesting night.

So many kindred in one place? That's odd.

They weren't specifically his/her targeted customer base, but that wasn't going to deter Taylor. "So fellas, I'm a salesman of sorts. What exactly do you two do?"

t
    tangmcgame

Eric nods to the bartender, confirming that the drinks are on him. He turns back to the other two, both fascinating for different reasons, and took a sip of his drink.

"I do consulting, mainly. Anything from parties to political campaigns. I'm just setting up shop in Sacramento, trying to build a client base."

He finishes with a smile and another sip of his drink. Whether because he is preoccupied with the two other vampires or just getting a little drunk, Eric's Beast seems to have diminished from screaming to just growling and he is finding it easier and easier to ignore it.

Narration:

The bartender sets the Jack and Coke down by Taylor.

Mel notices a four young people at a table - college-aged, dressed nicely, on the prep side, two men and two women. One of the men is chatting on a cel phone, and one of the women - a pretty blonde with long, straight hair - is looking at him. She notices him noticing her and gives a coy "Oops, I got caught looking" sort of smile before looking away.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny took the merlot and swirled it, bringing it up to his lips but not drinking. He liked the smell, and it was a convenient bit of grift to use if he found a 'donor' later. Why the neonate was actually drinking, he didn't know.High price to pay, if you missed the liquor."A client base?" Lenny asked. "So do you have some sort of political leanings? Or just like money?"
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    Vitae 4

t
    tangmcgame

"I don't care about the money and I'm not ideological. I guess, if anything, I like to play the game," Eric says. "The only way to get respect is to have something others want."

Eric thinks bitterly about his experiences since the Long Night began. It was pitiful how quickly the immortal became bored and took to infighting as a diversion. Of course, if he was higher on the ladder his complaints probably wouldn't be so overwhelming.

He finishes his drink and calls for another one, sparing another look at the enigmatic Taylor. "Now, did we want to find that table?"

Taylor laughed and took a puff of his/her cigar. "I think I'll stay right here. I'm enjoying the atmosphere up here at the bar." He/she takes the cigar from the mouth and brings the jack and cope to those impeccable lips, taking a small sip.

t
    tangmcgame

"Fair enough," Eric banters. "So, what sort of sales are you in, Taylor?"

Eric remembers why he'd come here, but he'd rather invest time in a sure thing. Making contact with two Kindred at least willing to talk civilly is an opportunity he can't bear to pass up. Perhaps neither of these two will lead to any tangible help, but a bit of camaraderie is still worth it.

Hook, line, and sinker. Eric took the conversational bait, and Taylor brought the cigar back to his/her mouth and let out a small chuckle. "Well, my friend, let's just say that you too can look this good." Taking a moment to run a perfectly manicured finger along the rim of his/her glass, and making eye-contact to show off the beautiful depth of them, Taylor leans in toward Eric a bit. Now whispering, "Beauty is a product. It can be bought and sold."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny watched the exchange with some amusement. It made sense that Taylor would pitch his wares at Eric -- anyone who would try to entrance an entire bar probably had self-esteem or validation issues. Lenny listened politely, curious to see how Eric would respond.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    Vitae 4

Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread