Ended
Watch

Coming in from the Cold

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    G
    Grey_Devil

Azmi slowly made his way along the street towards the Avalon nightclub, trepidation consuming his hands for an instant before he closed his eyes to calm himself. He let a deep sigh escape from his lips followed by a long intake. The motion no longer provided substance for his lungs, but Azmi had always found that it calmed his nerves at the given moment.

A calm hand deliver's a more accurate blow. The thought crept into the back of his mind, quickly shoved aside by a mind that did not want to think of things long past. His training was not necessary at the moment. The old voice returned quickly, He who is not ready will surely perish to those who are.

It was the fear in the back of his mind that was causing Azmi's mind from wandering as well as the long journey undertaken. Men of Azmi's skin color and disposition were not always accepted in the United States these days, so he had spent many days travelling rather then attempting a red eye connection.

Now that he was here, fear crept into the back of his thoughts. The feeling of being in a new city with very little knowledge of his surroundings or what to expect from the kindred of this city was unsettling. he had heard rumours that the Invictus were not nearly as powerful as they once were, and that the Prince had recently turned to the Ordo, which would complicate introductions.

He felt the beast push at the back of his mind with that thought, his tongue lashing along his fangs for an instant as if savouring the taste of the thought. complicated to say the least.

Azmi had managed to get a local motel and through on some terribly fashionable clubbing clothes, or some Invictus Lord had told him they were at one point or another. A 'flowing' midnight button up collar shirt un tucked over a nice par of black pants with an elegant blazer over top. The Lord had said it suited him, to Azmi it was a costume amongst the sheep and not really the style he was accustomed too. Especially with three buttons undone, it felt a little too open and 'showy' for his liking.
    Azmi wandered past the Bouncer after a few minutes of discussion and a twenty to skip further introductions, looking intently around the club like a man who had lost his lover and was desperately was seeking to find her. The music was loud and beat against his eardrums, not unpleasantly but with an unfamiliar beat. Kids and their music, at least the beat made him feel alive.

A drunk man ran into Azmi with a sudden thump, causing the beast to rise for a second begging Azmi to lash out at the man and send him to the floor, but Azmi quickly regained composure, only shooting an annoyed look towards him before continuing to look around the club.

Azmi sighed as he spotted nothing out of the ordinary and made his way to the bar, waving to the bartender to get his attention "I will have a scotch, straight up." Azmi loved scotch at a bar. Humans didn't expect you to drink it quickly, so it was not unusual to sit with glass in hand for several minutes pretending to take sips and savour the taste.

He would have to wait unsurprisingly. He chuckled to himself as he remembered times long past, at least he wasnt waiting in the rain.

Deputy Mac walks into Avalon and up to the bar, once again impeccably dressed in a black suit. He doesn't need to order- the bartender knows what the Mekhet wants. He watches the predatory man not drinking for several minutes out of the corner of his eye before eventually saying, "New to town, are ye? Name's Mac," he says, holding out his hand to shake Azmi's. "I think we're Kin, am I right, Mister...?"

G
    Grey_Devil

Azmi hadn't noticed the man approach until the last second. He privately cursed his own unobservant nature in light of the noise, lights, and movement around him. Azmi's predatory eyes quickly moved along Mac, the predator inside rising at the sudden competition and then pushing aside the thought as Azmi dismissed the challenge.
    "Mr. Korkmaz, what is your last name?" Azmi smiled politely, "I do not wish to sound rude calling you by your first." Azmi set his drink down on the bar, feeling he no longer needed it as a a distraction with someone know approaching, "I had heard that this was as good a place as any to run into friends. Though I am unsure if we are truly kin, or just related. Perhaps somewhere private to discuss things?"
    Azmi's hand did not reach up from its resting place at his side, the vibrations of his nervousness still trebling it slightly. "Forgive any rudeness, I prefer to keep my hands to myself till the second date at least." Azmi smiled, showing off just a bit too much white from his teeth.

Mac grins magnanimously at Mr. Korkmaz as he withdraws his hand. "Mac is my last name. Err- close enough, anyhow. An' it ain't rude to call someone by the name they give yah, fer future reference," he chortles. "Sure, sure, we can talk private, and ye can definitely keep those hands to yerself. I don't swing that way, partner, but it's a big enough world fer all types, sez Mac, so suit yerself." He leads the way toward a table in the back, asking the Nosferatu to "Tell us about yerself, then, Mister Korkmaz," as he takes a seat facing the door, ever vigilant.

G
    Grey_Devil

"I don't 'swing' that way either Mr. Mac, but I felt levity would help the situation a bit. I have known more than a few licks who would use such a handshake for more. " Azmi pushes his glass back over to the bartender, indicating that he is done with the meagre few sips he has taken and returned to the glass.
    Azmi followed the man towards a private table, the entire time letting his eyes run along the crowd around him looking for others like themselves. It was the untrusting side of his kindred nature, always looking for a trap. More than a few vampires had been drained dry upon entering an unfriendly city or running into the wrong kine, the goal was to not suffer the same fate.
    Azmi waited for Mac to take a seat before taking one himself on the opposite side of the booth.
    "As for myself, I am from an estate where it is rude to speak the first name of another without their consent. The use of first names tends to be for closer interaction, of a more personal nature.

"I have travelled far from my ancestral home in the Middle East, not visiting there for many years if you catch my drift."

"If you are referring to function, well for my estate I have served as Archon for some time. Yourself?"

"Oh, it was a joke. Yah shoulda said so, you subtle bugger," Mac laughs, winking in a very obvious manner to let the Nosferatu know he was just giving him a hard time. "The Middle East, eh? That's very specific of ye, I would have never guessed." Mac continues to laugh good-naturedly at Azmi's expense as he finally answers, "I'm one of the Deputies of Sacramento, in fact. And I like to push the buttons of the new arrivals, to make sure they aren't stupid enough to become violent over a simple insult. No offense meant, Mr. Korkmaz. You pass." Mac pulls out his phone. "Ye'll be needing the numbers of your Family and Company, then, so ye can seek Acknowledgement. No hunting til' then, or ye'll find yerself persona non grata hot damn quick." Whenever Azmi is ready, Mac rattles off the names and numbers of Twist and Arnold Culler, the head of the Invictus and the Nosferatu Priscus, respectively.

G
    Grey_Devil

Azmi felt the minor rise of anger in the back of his mind at the small jokes at his expense, though luckily not enough to provoke him into frenzy. Azmi tried to focus his mind a bit more, trying to remove the joking distractions.
    "Well I did not think most Americans needed more specifics then that, much like saying one is from the bible belt, it gives enough information for the common mind. However, since you seem more enlightened I would have to say that I am from what is now called Jordan."
    Azmi let his gaze wander to patrons nearby, attempting to make sure no one was paying close attention before continuing. "I was not sure how freely we would speak in this place, though from your brazen tongue I am assuming fairly openly. You will not have to worry, I try not to be violent over simple insults whenever possible, more grievous ones I cannot guarantee but any that say they can usually haven't been insulted enough to know." Azmi let a small crooked smile cross his lips, pulling a pen and notepad out from his pocket to jot down the contact information.
    "So if you don't mind me asking Mr. Mac, can you tell me of my company and structure here, my information is old to say the least and I have heard there have been many changes of late. I worry that I might be ill prepared for the rigours of court."

A
    Ayla

Some people, when in public places, like to imagine the strangers around them naked. Usually this applied to attractive members of the opposite sex, and is want to lead to men with tent pants and women who fell the need to cross and uncross their legs…a lot. Casey, however, liked to imagine what their blood would taste like. The Older woman with the Botox lips and sagging silicon breasts might be like a fine wine, well aged but still tasty, full of passion. The tall muscular black man, white bandana hanging out of his pocket like a flag of warning, his would be hot and dark, full of violence and desire.

Casey was enjoying herself thoroughly, looking around the crowded downtown bus and imagining feeding from each person in turn, working up a hunger in herself the same way a teen age boy might work up a hard on staring at a group of cheerleaders and imagining what he might do with each of them, if he could ever work up the courage to talk to them. Her sanguine mediations were interrupted when a chubby Goth lass squeezed into the seat beside her. She smiled at Casey in a friendly way, and Casey felt inclined to smile back.

“Oh. My. Gosh.” The pleasantly plump girl exclaimed, massive pale titties jiggling as she laid a hand on her chest. “Your fangs are so awesome! I mean like, I have seen better at the clubs and stuff, but those ones are really good, you can barely tell their fake!”

Covering her mouth with an embarrassed hand, Casey managed a strained giggle. “Oh, uh yea. I guess I forgot that I had them in.” She manages, “I got them done in San Francisco, there is a place down there that will mold them to your teeth and everything. Its really awesome…” She lied.

The two talked for another twelve minutes as the bus rolled towards downtown, which is to say the plump girl talked a lot, and Casey vaguely listened, spending most of her time imagining the taste of the girls blood. The girl, as it turned out, was obsessed with vampires, and had read every Anne Rice book ever. Currently, she was apparently enthralled by twilight, and spent a good five minutes telling Casey how the vampires in those books were more realistic, and exactly what she would like to do to Edward.

Finally the bus rolled to a stop in the down town area, just a few blocks from a Club Casey wanted to checkout. She excused herself from the conversation, and was about to leave when a thought came over her. “Wanna fuck some time?” she asked the chubby girl, pulling out her iPhone.

“Like tonight?” the girl asked, eyes full of hope and trepidation across a landscape of surprise.

“Not tonight, but soon” Casey told her, pushing the blood to do its trick that Chris had taught her, making the Goth girl want her. “Let me get your number.” she tells the girl, sticking out her iPhone. They bump phones, and Casey skipped off the bus.

She made it a half a block, the sign for this club Avalon looming in the distance, before her phone vibrated with life.

‘u r sooooo cute.’ the message read, and Casey replied in kind before depositing the phone in her back pocket.

A few minutes later find Casey walking in the front doors of Avalon, wearing dark jeans, a black string top and a big hungry smile.

"Of course, Mr. Korkmaz. I could tell you all sorts of things. Like the fact that I'm British, not American. How can ye not tell the difference?" Mac grins at the Nosferatu. "The question is how much yer willing to pay or what yer willing to do. Or ye can just call those numbers I just gave yeh and ask them." Sensing another Beast enter, and a cute one at that, the Deputy walks towards her, his Blood Obfuscated, just another kine.

"Luv the shirt, luv. Can I see it crumpled up on my floor?," he asks, leering from ear to ear.

A
    Ayla

‘fuck him…’ the voice whispered. ‘…so sweet, so delicious. eternity lives in every drop…”
    The girl pushed that thought from her mind. Chris said it didn’t talk to you like that, that it only urged. Said that she was just imagining things. ‘…he is kind of cute..’ she thought. It thought.

Her inner monolog lasts just a second, and any confusion he might have seen in her eyes is replaced with friendly exuberance. “Now its things like that which just prove chivalry is dead!” the girl exclaims, gliding closer and placing her hand on his forearm. “Got’ta at least buy a girl a few drinks before you go asking all that.”

‘…rip his throat, drink it all…kill…kill…kill…” The girl just keeps smiling, though her eyes flit between his own and the pale open field of his through just inches below.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.