Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Tickle Me Dead

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam waits at the bar...his bar. Harry's Bar. He sips a glass of bourbon and stares at the war turkey painting he made above the bar, to honor his best, dead, friend. Barkley's a photographer by trade, but he's not averse to picking up the brush from time to time. All in all, it was good, but it could have been better. That's fine with Sam. Nothing and noone is perfect, not even Harry Turkleton, and the flaws in his work reflect this truth to the new Summer Sovereign. He takes another sip and looks out the door, anxious for the reinforcements he's called to arrive so they can track down Mr. Tickle, the most dangerous man no one is looking for.

L

A while after the text message he'd sent her Brianne arrives, the reason for the slight delay obvious. She took forays into the hedge very seriously, it seemed. The Hedgespun armor adorned her frame once more, worn as comfortably as a second skin. She carried an elegantly-shaped piece of softly glowing wood in one hand, an unstrung bow by the look of it. And though it was the only weapon in evidence upon her it was not inconceivable that a dagger or two could have been concealed within the armor. And, more to the point, the large duffel bag in her other hand likely contained many sharp implements that could be used to ruin someone's day.

She walked to where Sam sat at the bar and set the bag down, the noise made in doing so seemingly confirming that it contained weaponry as she spent a few long moments looking at the painting. "I did not know him; but from what I've heard I think he would be honored, and touched. Though he'd sooner smack you upside the head than admit it."

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam laughed heartily. "Aye, he often did, as a matter of fact." Sincerely, he adds, "But thanks." He nods toward the bag. Women always felt the need to bring more than they could possibly use. Apparently, Summer's Girls leaned that way toward weaponry. "Sounds heavy. Yer really bringing all that along? Ye can stash some here, if ye like. I'll lock it up in the office."

L

Brianne glanced towards the bag with a shrug, "Arrows for the bow, hand-and-a-half sword as a primary weapon, long sword as a backup, dagger for a hold out. And a short sword in case the Spring Queen does not come properly equipped." Brianne did not know much about the woman after all, just that she was Spring and had guts. But if she was going to protect someone in the Hedge she'd make sure that they had a good, simple, weapon that would work no matter how close to Arcadia they ventured. There was nothing worse than protecting someone who could not protect themselves. "If she does I'll leave that behind."

PRE

Rust tentavly tries the door and looks insdie seeing it unlocked. "I like it."

The Elemental looks everthing over, smiling at the Turkey on the wall. "Briane isn' tit? I don't think we've met. Rust." Rust offers drawing closer. He carries no bag or obvious weapon.

Leaving his duffle in his Jeep, Marcus walks into Harry's. Seeing Sam with Rust Mane and Brianne, he walks over to them and gives a nod.

"Rust. Brianne. Sam."

The Metalflesh shies away from eye contact with the armor-clad Fairest, still finding himself a bit flustered in her presence. Looking around the establishment, he casts a critical eye on the walls and fixtures, wondering why Sam hadn't asked him to lend a hand with the build-out. One corner of his mouth twitches slightly as he glances at the painting. Turning a wry expression back toward his King, he looks down at the Woodblood with a gleam in his silver eyes.

"Nice place. Now then, what exactly did I do to earn sewer duty?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia comes in shortly after Marcus, looking around at the simple bar.

Even the taverns in the DM's domain were better laid out than this, she thinks. She gives a short wave to all present, but mostly stays silent, eying what weapons they're bringing to start forming strategies.

S
    Spartan

Spartan arrives at Harry's with his weapons in hand. Well more accurately they were in a long black wrap on his back. As Spartan comes in he sees The Leader of the Summer, the metal man, his blood brother and two women he did not meet. He looks around the room and gives a nod to his brother. He takes up purchase at a table and takes the pack off of his back. In the long wrap is his Spear, a Bo and his Gladius. He ties the scabbarded gladius to his belt and Takes his spear in hand.

With his weapons ready he looks to his Sovereign saying simply, "I have come to Serve."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu enters the bar after Spartan having looked at the outside a bit. Seeing the turkey painting he chuckles.

"Hey" is all he says as he makes his way to the others looking around as he does.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam acknowledges his courtiers with a wave and a "Hey, Boys." Not wanting Xerxia to feel left out, he adds, "And Girl. This is our new place. Hope you guys like it. It's not totally finished yet, but, it's good enough to be open for the lushes." He takes a sip of his drink out of solidarity with drunks everywhere and laughs. "Right to business. Like I said in my text, some kinda Hob's been spotted in the sewers. Rick, HAL's Legate, ran across the thing and said it was a nasty bugger. Killed a couple sewer workers. And on the news, that person that went missin' from the train station? I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it was involved there. That thing's still runnin' around. Maybe it's trapped in the Hedge, after they closed the Gate it was using, but I bet its found another way in by now. They're crafty bastards. He also found Garth, one of ours who knows where Tickle is. Of course, he's Pledged not to tell, but I have no doubt I'll find the bastard this time."

He finishes his drink with a subtle shudder as he remembers what happened the last time he went lookin' for Tickle on his own. "Queen White has agreed to come along, so we can try and persuade Tickle to come back to the Freehold. From my chat with Garth, the crazy eejit wants to burn the Bridges, so if he can't be reasoned with, I'm gonna have to..." He trails off. Tickle had been someone Sam respected, someone who helped him craft a new identity for himself when he first returned. Quietly, he says, "You all know what I'll have to do. I don't want it to come to that. He's an extremely valuable member to this Freehold. If he's sane." He clears his throat. "Right. So, since the Queen is comin' with, on my request, Summer's best and brightest will be guarding her. That's Brianne, Fu, and meself, naturally. I'm bringing Spartan along as well," he says with a nod to the helmeted figure, "cuz I want to see him in action. So what you did to earn 'sewer duty,' Marcus, is earn my trust to run this hunt in the absence of the big cheeses." He looks seriously at the Metalflesh. "I haven't misplaced my faith, have I, Marcus?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread