Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dancing Competition

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Many people know Glissade as a place to learn how to defend themselves from harm and its reputation is one of high-respect to those in the know. However, what more than a few forget is that it is also known for its dance lessons taught by the talented Neil Fields, and the dancing competition is going to hopefully showcase this to the masses.

As the spectators and the dancers arrive, the lights are set and the sound system in tune for whatever choice is required, and just like the martial arts competition, local media have also made their presence known in an effort to report on this event. Surrounding the dance floor are many seats with a seperating curtain to where the competitors can change and prepare themselves.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Despite the low number of competitors, Nightfall is in high spirits and a smile is fixed on his features. The Fairest can't help but feed off the energy and anticipation of what's to come, both getting to watch performances, and performing himself. It's also been a while since he saw Myah, and despite his feelings for Alison, his beautiful and eclectic dancing partner always makes his pulse quicken.

While people wait, he entertains with a hat and cane routine.

[banner]nf[/banner]

Bert arrives to the Glissade and is surprised at the local media in attendance. Dressed in a black suit with a red shirt under it, his ears tied back under his black mobster style hat almost giving people the impression he's some crimson Blues Brother. He figured the schnazzier he dressed the more it would distract spectators from the fact that dancing was not his forte. If there were a piano or guitar involved then maybe he could show something. He had half the mind to just go up there and do the Twist or the Charleston to laugh with people rather than at but he decided that would not be a good idea is it may be viewed as disrespectful towards Nightfall, something he did not want to give off the impression of. The things he did for his Court. As he steps into teh Glissade and sees Nightfall already at work with his cane, arms folded he watches as he waits for others to arrive.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri arrives with backpack in hand, moving through the entrance and immediately spotting Bert and gliding up beside him.

"Hey Bert," she says with an honest smile, "Love the suit."

Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

w
    w176

” Fuck off, I need to focus. Have fun with Dan. ” At the entrance hall a girl in her late teens was waving some friends off with the mixture of warmth and total lack of respect that was reserved for really close friends. She was wearing a black and gray sport jacket with the words 'Raffertys School of Dance' over the back.

The girl had the pose of a dance and the muscular body of a long distance runner. A face with a strong jaw, thin lips and dark amused eyes. Under her school jacket she was wearing a little black dress and a cape. Here black boot went up to knee thigh and her dark coke brown hair was worn loose. A mask dangled from her hands, a black thing that every kid at least would recognize; a Batman mask.

She smiled and seemed at ease, and made her way to the reception boot with the calm of someone that have done this a dozen times before if not more.
    “Morris. Amy Morris.” she said, did the paper work and got the instruction she needed before turning to head to the competitors area.

Seeing the guy making the hat and crane routine she stops, smiles with claps her hand in the light at the first pause.

“Man! Nice! There so few who can do that the classic way, and even fewer that can do it with style. I wish I could do that. I'm Morris. Are you entering the singles or couples?” And said it all with the breathless enthusiasm that just teenage girls are able to muster.

Bert smiles as he sees Terri and walks to her to give her a hug. "Thanks terri it's good to see you. I like your outfit as well." he turns and sees a young girl enter the room carrying a batman mask and then looks back to Terri "Although I guess nothing beat's that. So you here for singles or couples competition?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh wanders into the building, a nicely dressed West at her side. She'd talked him into trying a swing dance for the competition and they had been practicing for weeks now. She didn't know if they had a chance of winning, but for her it was about the fun of the dance, the thrill of living.

She looks at the media around the place and nearly turns and leaves again. She isn't sure about the cameras and she turns a nervous look to West. "I don't know about this. I didn't realize this was going to be on the news."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus follows his two Cabal-mates in. No way was he going to be left alone in an empty Sanctum again. "Why should that change anything? You'll do fine. Besides, I'll be cheering you on."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin enters. carrying a large table with a 2x4 sticking out of the top. He smiles and waves at people as he sets it in the corner. His purple vest, and long flowing pants remind most children of the 90s of Disney's Alladin. He has a big grin on his face as he waves at the few people he knows, and then gets distracted by Nightfall's hat and cane work. "oooooh" He sighs out. Clapping along with the rest of the audience.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Jack pulls into Glissade's parking lot after accidentally missing it on the first go around. While he hadn't ever been formally trained in dancing, he had picked up a few things from accompanying a show choir in college, even showing once that he could dance. He mostly decided to come here to have fun, even with having to pay an entrance fee. It's not like he spends money much, anyway, except to pay rent and bills.

It's been a while since I've performed,
    he thinks as he walks to the entrance. Time to break a leg, I guess.

He walks in the entrance and goes to the table to sign in. "Hi... I was wondering if you were accepting late admissions to the singles contest?" He looks up and around. Seeing the Neidan, he waves shortly with a smile before turning back to the paperwork on the table.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread