Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
House call

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack grasps the creature around the neck and swiftly snaps its neck in one fluid movement. Tears well up in Donna's eyes as her parents stare in silent disbelief at the limp form in the good doctor's bloodstained hands.

No, I can't do that...

Removing a few YummyEarth Vitamin C Lollipops from his pocket, he smiles as he offers them to his brave, little patient, before turning his attention back to Princess.

"Would you like Mango Tango, Strawberry Smash, or Googly Grape?"

As much as he would like to excise this parasite from Donna's life, like a cancerous growth from a healthy organ, Dr. Carlton realizes that he must use some discretion. Staring into the creature's eyes, he molds its Desire like clay, shaping it into a form he finds more pleasing. Its need to feast upon the girl's dreams is replaced by the urge to bark and foam like a rabid dog. He addresses the Sheppards as he puts his medical tools back in his briefcase, not taking his eyes off of Princess.

"Well, it appears she has that flu strain I mentioned. Unfortunately, it's been found to be carried by domesticated animals... cats and dogs, mostly. Have you noticed Princess acting strangely since Donna has been sick?"

Growth of the Ivy

Princess seems to twitch as Jack's Spring magic takes effect and she begins to bark and growl, a yapping sound which causes all the Sheppard's to flinch, including Donna as she gingerly takes a Mango Tango lolly.

"Er, no, she never leaves her side," Carol replies before looking down at Princess. "Quiet Princess!" she says, berating the little Lab. As Craig leans down to pick up the puppy, she snaps at him, taking the father by surprise. "Damn!" he says before lunging in with both hands to grab Princess by the scruff of the collar and removing her from the bedroom as a shocked Carol and Donna watch on.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

"Hmm... well Carol, just to be on the safe side, you should keep Princess away from Donna until we figure out if she is indeed making your daughter sick. It could be her dander, her flea shampoo, something she picked up outside... any number of things. I would recommend taking Princess to a boarding kennel for a few days, just to see if Donna improves."

Looking at his watch, Doctor Jack frowns before leaning over Donna to say goodbye. Chimerical birds chirp outside the window as he shares the fresh vigor of Spring with the sick child.

"Now Donna, I'd like you to make me a promise. For the next month, I want you to write down your dreams for me, so that I can try to make the nightmares stop. You can even tell your dreams to your mom, and she can write them down for you, but you need to do it every day. If you do this, it will help me to understand what's going on in that head of yours, and you'll get better a lot faster. Okay? Will you promise?"

Doctor Jack feels tendrils of Fate reach out to the child, waiting for her to accept his protection and seal the Pledge.

Gift of Warm Breath

Oath of the Dream Catcher

Donna nods and says "Ok," very weakly, still shocked and confused abut the reaction Princess had. Carol smiles and stands, ready to lead Jack out from the child's bedroom.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack feels the strands of Wyrd wrap themselves around Donna and tighten, binding his Fate to that of the child. Smiling, he tells her that it was nice to meet her, and that he looks forward to seeing her again when she is feeling better. Collecting his briefcase, Jack stands and allows himself to be led from the room by the girl's mother. Once they are back in the living room, he pulls the rest of the lollipops from his pocket and hands them to Carol.

"Here, you can use them as rewards for after she writes in her dream journal. They're loaded with Vitamin C and completely organic. Plus, they actually taste really good. So, what do you plan to do with Princess?"

Carol takes the remainder of Jack's lollipops with gratitude and thanks him. At mention of Princess, Craig re-enters the lounge from the rear of the house.

"God knows what has gotten to her. She's usually so obedient," he remarks obviously shocked. "I can only apologise, Doctor Carlton. I'm going to take her to the vets, see if she needs a shot or anything."

"That sounds like an good idea, Craig. You might want to leave her overnight, so Donna gets some rest. Did you rescue Princess from the pound? If she was mistreated before you got her, that might explain some of her behavior."

"Yes, we did," Craig replies. "Donna chose her one day after we said she could have a pet dog. She always wanted a Lab, you see, and for some reason the puppy was just there."

Dr. Carlton glances at his watch, then moves toward the door.

"Well, I'm afraid I must be going. I have a date, and I'd hate to keep the lady waiting. I'll call to check on Donna tomorrow, I'm sure we'll see some improvement."

The Sheppards see the good Doctor out and thank him for stopping by. As he leaves, he can still hear Princess snarling and barking at the rear of the house.

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread