Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Hittin' the streets

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"Oh, ha, ha. If the DMV could help, do you really think I'd be out here asking you?" Well, yes, she would, actually, because that's how she rolls, but it would always be helpful to make people think she wouldn't. "So, you wanna help or not?" Of course, she knew it wouldn't be free, but offering cash straight off the bat was the best to be sent on a wild goose chase.

She watches the man spitting... something out. "F**k, dude, you gotta get that checked out. No way that can be healthy." She makes a face at the hairball lying there. Eew-eeeew-eeewwwww!

He looks up after wiping his mouth and simply shrugs.

"Maybe I can get you something, maybe I can't. All depends on the green and how much detail you want to un-misplace."

Question for Khalvin: Is Yui trying to be inconspicuous or just sitting there in plain sight?

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Of course. It couldn't have been much longer before that issue came up. She looks at Weasely, her voice taking on just an annoyed edge. Let him know he shouldn't push her. "As much detail as possible. And you just let me worry about the f**king green. The only question is how. How much, and how long?" Don't offer an amount, 'cause then he'd just raise it. Let him offer a price, then lower it. Much better that way.

She tries to avoid looking at Winter Weasel, or at the... gook... on the sidewalk. Seriously, that thing looks like it could move on its own.

Yui stands and begins to stretch againstt he wall. What ever Summer was doing down on the other end of the block it was none of Winters business.
    So Yui was going figure it out. Faith had seen him. So Yui was going to hide in the open.

He is on the farend ot he block. Visible yes and not really hiding himself. But he would be able to move to Faith in one turn without sprinting.

"500," he says. "Half now, half when you get the license."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith looks at the man, twisting her mouth, wondering whether to bargain. She had the cash; Hell, she'd figured on more than that. But she was the one asking for a favor, not the other way around. Beggars can't be choosers. There was also the vague possibility the man was a cop, but that worried her little. Whether this ended well or badly, she'd be happy. Or was that angry? Those two feelings were easy to confuse, after all.

"Fine," she says, digging a hand inside her bag, rummaging around for the bills she kept around in there, for just such a 'shopping spree'. She looks inside just long enough to make sure she's not handing out more than necessary, keeping an eye on the man as she does so.

Finally, she pulls out the small wad of bills, hidden in her hand as much as she can. She holds it up so the man can see, keeping her hand tight around the cash. "Where. And when?" No way was she handing that over without some form of promise.

Mr. Weasel looks at the money but doesn't bother to take it. Instead he asks Faith one simple question.

"Tell me you got a photo?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Crap. There was always something with these guys, was there? And it's not like Faith walked around with passport photos ready to be handed out. Unless...

She reaches inside her bag, and looks at a picture through the open zipper. Her and Paco, one of her squeezes back in the Big Apple. It wasn't what anyone would call a passport photo, what with the mostly green background and the happy smile Faith's face has on the photo. But it just might do the job. And besides, if anyone here ever saw that picture, they might get the wrong idea, that she might be soft inside or something. That really wouldn't do.

"Just a sec." She reaches both hands into the bag, and rips the picture in half, keeping only her side of the picture. Flicking it out of the bad, she presents it to weasel-man. "There, that oughta do, right?"

Mr. Weasel took the photo and shrugged. "Yeah, that'll do. It'll take a few days but meet me back here and I'll have it done," he says slipping the photo away. "What name you want on the card?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith is stuck on that one for a few seconds. Pick a name. Everyone always picked her names before, but now she got to choose. This.Is.Awesome. She almost answers with her real name, wanting to keep it for herself, to make it definitely hers. But that would be stupid on so many levels. "Maria Sharpe. And I'll come right back here in a few." she answers, apparently having gotten over her urge to use asterisks for the moment. Maria was nice, and Sharpe carried that certain edge of 'I will cut you!' that made it good.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread