Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

At Jack in the Box

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Ayla

Rain spread her funds out on the table before her, a handful of change and one crumpled dollar bill. She put a quarter on the Washington, no need for the wind to go stealing it. The rest of her change amounted to almost three dollars. Enough scratch for four meals off the dollar menu. If there was a Jack In The Box in this city, they had those two deep fried tacos for 99 cents. Rain scooched the money off the table and into her hand, carefully depositing back into her front pocket. The tacos were like two meals for one.

Rain was thinking about those taco’s again as she started walking into town, and trying to ignore the fact that she didn’t eat anything yesterday. Or the day before. There had been a rabbit that day, but the sneaky little bugger had himself a deep hole, and quick legs. She still had dirt under her nails from trying to dig him out. Rain tried not to think about how much she wanted a nice hot shower followed by a long soak in a tub, to draw the exhaustion and cold out of her muscles and joints.

It took her the better part of two hours to walk into the city, and the warm sun was already starting to pull some of the nights chill out of her. Walking helped too. Rain liked walking, it allowed her to think. Right now she was thinking about those two deep fried tacos. A few directions asked told her she could find a Jack’s on Broadway, and it was not to long before lunch that the girl found the place.

While she was waiting in line behind an obese woman, her folds of fat hanging off her arms and chin as if she was melting, and the woman’s screaming little child Rain drank in the sweet, delicious smells of fried and processed food.

I could just get eight tacos today and be really full, and just be very hungry for the next couple of days the girl’s belly tried to rationalize, growling with desire as the smells wafted through her. Logic argued against spending all her money at once, though when she finally reached the register she said “Four deep fried tacos please” and when he asked if that would be all, some un-explainable compulsion forced her to say “Oh, and one small union rings!” While holding up a single finger.

The girl immediately regretted it. She would only have a single green back to eat with tomorrow, but those ringers did come with that one dipping sauce and it was sooo good. She stashed her guitar case and duffle bag in a booth, giving a threatening glare to the soccer moms and children near by, as if to warn them not to mess with her stuff, and went to the girls’ room to wash up. Almost two weeks of sleeping in fields had left her a little dirty, and the girl took her time washing off her arms and face, even getting that dirt under her nails. Tomorrow she would find out where people did street performances around here and try and earn a bit more scratch with the guitar. People were more like to tip you if you weren’t to dirty.

By the time she finished, her tacos were done and the girl rushed to take the tray back to her booth, smiling at her own cleverness when she filled her free water cup up with sprite. The scent of melted cheese and greasy grade D meat in a crunchy shell was nearly orgasmic as Rain sat down to enjoy her feast.

G
    Gelosiana

Luke meandered into the fast food joint, a rusty grease bucket with a cheap menu. Kim had wanted some slop off their dollar menu, a deep fried burrito or some disgusting thing like that. Matthew had even given him a few dollars to pick him and Kim up some food. The food sounded like a really good idea, but the ratty clothes, already smelling of filth and musk, were a dead giveaway of the type of income Luke generated.

On his way to the counter, he smells something familiar. That same smell he smelled around Matt and Vincent and Jeremiah...Uratha.

Luke, feeling pretty bold, ballsy, and brash (because, obviously, NOTHING could hurt a werewolf), walks right up to the booth Rain is in, takes a seat, and stares directly at her. "So, your not with the Seekers, and your here. Start explainin."

L

Unless specified otherwise in the opening post scenes started by packless wolves are assumed to be set in neutral territory...

A
    Ayla

Rain looks at him with her big round eyes, the teen age girl offering a massive smile, her normally white teeth messed with utterly divine deep fried taco bits. She sticks out a grubby hand, completely ignoring his demand to explain herself.

“Hi, I’m Rain.” She offers, wiggling her outstretched paw as if to gesture that he should shake it.

G
    Gelosiana

Luke looks at the hand but doesnt accept. "Luke. you new to this whole..." and his tone drops about 4 levels in volume, "wolf thing?"

A
    Ayla

The girl, obviously somewhere in her early to mid teens withdraws her hand ever so slowly, eyes becoming bigger and more pouty with each inch she withdraws it. The look on her face is one of genuine hurt.

“I was just trying to be friendly,” the girl says, moping. “You don’t have to be mean.”

G
    Gelosiana

"Look, im pretty new to it myself. And Matthew said we have enemies. If there are enemies around, i intend to stop it." Definitely not a people person. "Even if they are very friendly. Wanna take a walk? You know, where we can talk a bit more freely?"

A
    Ayla

Rain looks down at her remaining tacos, then back at the man. “I…I don’t think I trust you. You seem mean, it could be a trap.” The girl looks ready to grab her remaining food and run, but then a look comes over her face and she settles down.

“Tell you what,” Rain says, smiling again, “if you get me a milk shake, I will forgive you and we can talk.” After a moment she adds “I like chocolate.”

G
    Gelosiana

Luke looks down at his clothes. Then at the menu. Then at his clothes again. Then at Rain.

"A Chocolate Milkshake means im not going to try and kill you? I tell YOU what, my alpha gave me five bucks, and is expecting some food. If i come back without the food, im in deep shit. And im not about to blow the only money i have on a 4.99 milk shake." Its a little hard to tell if hes being sarcastic to be funny or being sarcastic because he can.

A
    Ayla

“The small shake is only $2.49,” The girl tells him, she sounds almost as if she is negotiating. “You could still get him four taco’s, they are two for a dollar. Its a really good deal, their good.” She points out, gesturing towards the menu with one of the before mentioned taco’s like its some sort of greasy laser pointer. “Besides, you would never buy someone a frosty if you meant them harm!” the girl reasons.

“So, if you get me a chocolate shake, I will know you’re a good kid at heart, and will come with you. But I mean if you can’t even spare the scratch to buy a girl a shake, well I just don’t know what kind of man you might be. Dangerous, probably.” The girl intones, talking with her hands and the taco.

{{ OOC: I need to get back to work, I will be back on in about 3 hours, thanks for the scene so far!}}

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.