Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 15
DISPLAYED
All Work And No Play...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"Of course. One moment." The nurse wanders away and leaves Jack alone. Around him are a number of children being visited by parents, friends and loved ones, many of whom are in extreme ill health. Minutes later, the nurse returns with the Damian's charts in his final days. From an initial scan, it seems to Doctor Carlton that indeed, the boy did die of a rather vicious strain of flu.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack notes the basics from the hospital chart and writes them down into the boy's file in his spidery scrawl. He looks for anything strange, or out of the ordinary before he hands it back to the nurse.

"Thank you. I wish I could have helped Damien with his nightmares before he left us."

Examining the chart

Jack can't spot anything out the ordinary than what he has already been told.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

There's nothing more I can do now...

Thanking the nurse again, Doctor Jack looks at the children visiting with their loved ones as he turns to leave. He spots one child who looks particularly worn down by lack of sleep. Perhaps it is his guilt and disappointment over the death of a boy he had never known, but the good doctor feels moved to share the warmth and vigor of Spring with this child. Focusing upon his breathing, Doctor Jack channels the verdant energy, erasing fatigue and restoring some of the child's health as he walks past.

Gift of Warm Breath

The recipient of Jack's clause feels the benefits almost instantly, skin becoming flushed as his young body is infused with new found energy like someone who has yet to experience the first days of spring since he has been cooped up in bed for several days.

As Jack is leaving, he gets the distinct impression that the nurses are going to have their hands full with that little tyke come bedtime.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread