(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Cash," came the smiling answer. That wonderful sort of stuff someone new to the city might appreciate; either to ease expenses or to have some fun splurging.

"Bragging rights, too, of course," Nightfall added. Who didn't like those? Sure, they weren't very warm or filling, but sometimes shiny was enough, and more than enough if someone didn't want for lack.

"Have you seen 'This Is It'? Very cool, very inspirational."

"Can't say that I have" Bert says trying to think back to the number of movies he'd actually had the time to see, "Although I might rent it to get some ideas, sounds like it'll be a fun night regardless." looking to Kateryin he asks "Are you attending as well?"

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam catches Marcus eyeing Spartan and resists the mad chuckle rising up his throat. O ye of little faith, he thinks to himself. But there will be time to fill Marcus in later. Honestly, Barkley was glad to have someone on board second-guessing him, keeping him honest. Just so long as his britches didn't get too big.

He smiles at the elf. "Aye, that's me. Tell me about yerself, Xerxia. Where yer from, why ye joined the Spear, what ye've done so far, other interesting and assorted facts." He laughs lightly, like a breeze through his branches.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu holds up his hands. "Wo wo wo. I was trying to mess with you. I know your name is Faith. I remember you getting annoyed last time I called you some random cute nickname and felt like using another one."

He puts both hands behind his head. "Let's calm down now ya? No need to show off here with how hard we can hit each other."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia had taken a bite of one of the juicy pieces of mutton after shaking hands with Sam while he asked his questions. She swallows it now to answer them.

"Well, I was originally from around here, but I went to college down in L.A. At least, I did until he had me kidnapped while I was walking home from the library. He apparently likes turning Dungeons and Dragons players into their favorite characters..."

The Fairest's voice continues to drip with venom with each mention of her Keeper, "I joined the Spear because of my hatred of his D.M.ing style: he made situations where only one person in the party could further the quest. For me, that meant being his little sex object for the NPCs he played as from time to time... Also, as a party, we had to fight loads of traditional monsters from the setting. I had to train in the use of various weapons, though I specialize particularly in dual-wielding.

"After I escaped, I've mostly been just trying to get a life started back up, but I've been having an itch to do something besides sit behind a desk and push papers all day. I've got a door to a personal training grounds, but that's just that: training. I want to put my, albeit retrained since my Durance, skills to use for the Freehold and our Court."

Xerxia starts chowing anew upon the started mutton.

"I may attend, yes," Katrin replies to Bert before adding, "but I will restrain from taking part. I am not one for dancing in public." With a glance to the room around her, a little puff of icy mist emits from her mouth. A sigh maybe?

"I think I shall call it a night. Archer, Mr. Godwinn, good evening. A fine showing for Winter, yes?" The Sovereign then gives them a cold smile before leaving.

Bert nods to both of them and says "I think I may head out as well. I'll see you both at the Glissade." and with a slight bow, he heads towards the exit of the hotel, wondering how it's going to look seeing his big blue ass dancing with the others.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Have a good night, my Lady," Nightfall said, bowing to his Queen. A smile appeared at the reference to Winter's performance in the games, his only concession to his personal pride. "You, too, Bert."

Looking around, seeing those already hip deep in food, he made himself a small plate and began eating. When he was finished, he too would leave, unless there was a chance to congratulate the new Sovereign. In the span of a month, two had risen, and he hoped the Freehold could weather the changes.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Well, that was a lot more than I expected, Barkley thinks to himself. "Okay, good," Sam says simply. "I'm going to be calling the Summers together soon. Keep an eye on the Freehold Bulletin Board, it'll be posted there. We can talk more then." He looks at Marcus. "It's gettin' late, lets save our chat for the meeting. I'm gonna head home." He looks at Spartan. "You'll still have to pass the test before the Spear will accept you, Spartan. Be prepared." Unless anyone stops him, Sam makes his way to the exit.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Apparently, Faith's anger doesn't go past the outburst stage on this particular occasion. Huh. "Yeah, well, if you ever get the urge to try cute nickname number three," she says, "do us both a favor. Don't." She sighs, a little exasperated. Her hands move to the sides in a single motion, as though wiping a table clean. "Look, clean slate, bygones are bygones. We hang out for beer sometime. Deal?" She extends a hand for Fu to shake. Her expression is only a few muscles away from 'ticked off', though.

Page 32 of 34 First ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 Last
Closed Thread