101 - 110
DISPLAYED
(1004) The Spring Festival

Page 11 of 34 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice reached out and grasped Markus' hand, in a friendly, if icy grasp. "Thank you for the kind words Markus. I'm glad to hear that they were well received. I can't wait to see how the evening unfolds I do hope you enjoy yourself."

She turned to Brianne, still including Markus in their conversation, and returned the woman's smile, "It is nice to meet you. Is it Miss Hildur or do you prefer Brianne?" Alice asked with genuine interest pausing before she continued, "I was a little worried when I saw how few people showed up for the event that we wouldn't have enough interest. It is nice to see my fears were unfounded. It is a shame that you haven't seen many events like this in Spring. I think too often the Emerald Court forgets our own mantra...and don't always acknowledge the broad range of interests and desires that everyone has. I believe that since we are in this together everyone should be included. All of us are stronger together than divided."

PRE

Sam looks at Rust for a moment. Yes, he did seem muted this evening. A woman's influence, no doubt, and one very good reason Barkley would have none of it. "Tell me more, Rust. This is a place we can talk freely. How did you find this woman? You checked her for Ear tattoos?" Sam shudders, trying to block the mental image rising from his subconscious, before he adds, "Everywhere?"

At the mention of woman, Rust grows confused, then begins to laugh. He laughs hard. Like the sound of train wheels clanging together. So much dire drama had taken place in such a small space of time. Comedy was just somthing the Elemental missed. "heheh, Woman?. No. Pearl is six years old. She has been hiding out in my apartment for years now. I'll check if you feel she is a danger. But I do my best to keep my lives separate from each other. I wouldn't know what to do if she was caught up in our mess." His ears lay back as his mirth shifts to worry and doubt.

"Her mother is a well I guess former crack whore and hooker. I convinced the woman of her foolishness. I just have to make sure the lesson sticks. For Pearls sake." The need to guard the girl from the predations of the Others goes unsaid.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

The elf nods. "Yeah, Summer. I got some help at least adapting to this new life before returning here. I haven't been part of a Freehold, but I need some sort of quest... er... job to keep me busy. A real one that actually challenges me, not like the simple desk job I keep up just to have cash."
    An eyebrow raises at the word quest but Fu doesn't say anything. Not everyone was a statue for who knows how long.

"You talking about a job for the freehold or a personal one to not go insane?"

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Mr. Al-Adin, are you enjoying your evening so far?" Katrin asks sweetly like a good and sociable Sultana.
    "I'm ok. And are you two having lots of fun?? We are going to be having contests later! You should be in them!" Al-Adin then looks at nightfall, with all of the seriousness he can muster, and whispers to him "I hope she didn't make you drink any slow-juice. Otherwise it won't be fair."
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

An eyebrow raises at the word quest but Fu doesn't say anything. Not everyone was a statue for who knows how long.

"You talking about a job for the freehold or a personal one to not go insane?"
    Xerxia thinks the question over for a few moments. "Either or. While I do have my own personal training grounds, I don't really have anywhere I can actually use the skills I was retrained for... Though some," she continues in a bitter tone here, again, "I prefer not to use unless there's no other way around the situation."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu listens and nods. Alright this one is a thinker where's Marcus this is his sort of thing.

"I'm sure we can find something. Once Sam is done talking with Rust you can talk with him and see what we have to do. We have an Iron Adjutant around here too I believe."

As the gathered changelings mingle and chat, Mr. Bates looks on and with a nod from the current freehold ruler, he clears his throat until he has everyone's attention.

"May I have everyone's attention. The first part of this evening's event will be taking place shortly. COuld you all please follow Lady Byeli and myself." Turning on the spot, the Wizened leads the gathered lost from the restaurant through a winding corridor that seems to grow colder and more sparse, and those who have attended the throne room recognize the route instantly. However, from where the decor was once bare branches on the wallpaper and silence, it is now pierced with subtle tones of colour as leaves begin to bloom on the trees and the distant call of birds can be heard. Even the double doors that bar the throne room have begun to thaw as the ice melts with the oncoming spring. Throwing open the doors, Mr. Bates moves inside and waits for Queen Byeli to take her place on the frozen throne within the massive hollow. Shadows lie deep in the corners and it is a winter wonderland, but not for much longer as the Sorrow of the Onyx Court is near an end.

"The coronation and ascension of Spring will follow shortly," Bates announces. "Please take refreshments to toast the new Season." With a florishing hand, he gestures to a nearby table where, as always, Sam the Bartender awaits to serve drinks. Even the mortal gets to see this.

This scene is now closed to new arrivals

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall follows and watches the evidence of the onset of Spring with a small smile. Courts aside, that was just neat.

Already with a glass in hand, he is content to simply observe.

PRE

Derek says to Rick and Terri. "I dearly hope you will have a good time, both of you, and I also think that perhaps the Spring Court may be on the mend. We'll know by the end of the night, in any case."

He's about to say something else when Bates makes his announcement. He falls silent, but smiles widely as he observes the change of seasons.

"Refreshment sounds like a marvelous idea," he says.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam laughs back at his incorrect assumption of what Rust was talking about. "Sorry, Rust. Nah, I expect if you've known her, she's okay. We'll keep that between us, no worries. It's a good thing you're doing there, lad. Mind what I said about getting official, and let me know later." He notices the man with the helmet standing near, apparently waiting for a word with them, and of course, then its time to get a move on with the proceedings. Damn if that one doesn't look like he's one of Summer's Favored Sons to me. Why doesn't he have any Mantle? Hell, who cares, he'll have one soon enough, if I have anything to say about it. He beckons the man near. "You waiting for a word with me? This show's on the road, we'll talk while we walk." He starts to follow Bates, but slow enough for Rust and Spartan to keep up and chat along the way.

Page 11 of 34 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread