Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Trip to the Doctor's Office

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

After posting a notice for his services at the Four Seasons Hotel, Doctor Jack drove to Dr. Tribble's office, parking as directed by the woman he had spoken to earlier. Entering the waiting area, he walks up to the front desk and announces himself.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Carlton. I believe we spoke on the phone?"

The receptionist looks up from her desk and takes in the man before her. Her brunette hair is tied up in a tight bun and she wears a pair of designer glasses as her dark blue eyes take in Doctor Jack.

"Oh, yes. Of course. I'm glad you found it okay."

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack gives the receptionist his most charming smile as he leans forward on the desk.

"Well, I was given excellent directions. Thank you for the tip on where to park. I'm sure I would have circled the block if you hadn't told me."

Pulling the forms from his briefcase, he hands them to the dark blue-eyed woman.

"Well, here are the consent forms. I really do appreciate you getting their files ready for me so promptly. The sooner I can read Dr. Lawney's notes, the sooner I hope to help them. They are, understandably, quite upset by her death. I'm sure everyone here must miss her terribly."

Doctor Jack observes the woman's reaction to the mention of her former boss with his large, kind eyes.

Good Impression

Empathize

The receptionist blushes slightly as she leans over to pick up a stack of files bundled together with a sticky note that reads 'FAO Dr Carlton' stuck to the top. At the mention of Dr. Lawney, her face takes on a pained expression and Dr. Jack can tell in an instant how much the receptionist misses her former employer.

"Yes, it has been tough especially since the police are no closer to finding her killers."

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack looks at her with eyes full of compassion.

"I find that people who do terrible things are punished by living horrible lives. I mean, what kind of a sad monster would want to harm someone who devoted her life to helping others? Even if they are not found by the police, what they have done will prey upon them. Such an awful act always creates a balance due that will eventually have to be paid in full... one way, or another."

Accepting the files, Doctor Jack glances through them as he continues.

"The best thing for us to do now, is to continue Dr. Lawney's work and help others as she always had. Hmm... it seems she had quite a bit of insight into her patients' dreams. Did she often use dream interpretation as the focus of her psychoanalytic method during therapy?"

The receptionist wipes her eyes at the thought and was just about to answer when the door behind the reception opens and a harried looking, middle-aged man with think spectacles and a receeding hairline of immense proportions.

"Glenda, have you seen the file on Daisy Steele? I've misplaced it again," he chortles as if chortling was back in fashion. Looking up to Dr. Jack, the man gives a quick, "Good morning" before waiting.

Glenda, on the other hand, instantly slides a thin file from a tray nearby and holds it out. "Oh, Dr. Tribble, this is Dr. Carlton. He has just arrived for the notes on Dr. Lawney's files."

The good Dr takes in Dr. Jack once again. "Oooohh, very good. I'm so glad you could take on these patients."

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack nods to the man and returns his greeting. After the receptionist's introduction, he gives a wide smile to Dr. Tribble.

"My pleasure, I've just recently moved to Sacramento, so I am still trying to build my practice. I simply wish it were under better circumstances. Glenda was just answering my questions about Dr. Lawney's method. Were the two of you well acquainted?"

Doctor Jack watches Dr. Tribble's face and body language for tell-tale signs of his real feelings toward the late doctor.

Tell me about your Mother...

Dr. Tribble didn't give anything away as he spoke.

"No, not really I'm afraid. We had passed as aquaintances in the past as fellows in the same field but that's about it. What brings you to Sacramento, Dr. Carlton?"

The trouble is...

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

"I had to escape all of the politics of San Francisco. Courting the right higher-ups, doing favors for the social royalty, and all that... it was just too much for me. Sacramento seems like it will be a much better fit. Is there anything in town that is considered must see?"

Doctor Jack glances from Dr. Tribble to Glenda, visibly including her in the conversation.

Glenda thinks for a moment, her natural social talents taking over from Dr. Tribble. "The Wells Fargoe building is a must if you like architecture, along with Tower Bridge. It is beautiful this time of year."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread