Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Approaching the Horizon

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

It's a blueprint/poster-shipping plastic tube, approx 2 feet long and 4 inches in diameter.

L

Wilhelm frowns slightly, then slips on a pair of gloves from his pocket as he picks up the tube. Though his eyes remain fixed on the man the whole time. As he hefts the tube he shakes it slightly, his heightened sense of hearing more than sufficient to listen carefully while allowing him to keep the tube from getting too close to his face. If it seemed to contain anything other than papers...Wilhelm had little inclination to open it.

There's no rattle from within the tube, which leads Wilhelm to expect that it truly does contain papers.

'S' watches Wilhelm and Twist's caution regarding the package with a chuckle. "Listen, folks. If I wanted to hurt you, I'd simply step off this pedal and let the six car bombs I've rigged around us blow us all to Hades." He blows out another plume of smoke. "Just open the package already, we ain't got much time to talk."

Everyone can make a Wits+Empathy or Subterfuge roll to determine if he's lying. The penalty is -3, since you're going off voice and body language alone (you can't see his face).

L

Assuming you were not prevented from doing so...

Indeed, Wilhelm was willing to bet that all three Kindred present had some degree of skill with Celerity. At least one would probably be able to move more quickly than this man expected; and Ishani's position, her presence even, was still unknown to him. "Few people resort so quickly to self-sacrifice." As he speaks Wilhelm twists open the top of the tube. If it does indeed contain papers he'll slide them free and look to see what information they contain.

"Few people have one foot in the grave already," quips back 'S.' "Present company excluded, o'course," he chuckles. His mirth is interrupted by an awful coughing fit.

Wilhelm finds two sets of papers rolled within the tube. The first is a blueprint; half of one, anyway. The description at the top reads 'Sewer/Basem-" and is cut off. It will take closer investigation to determine its veracity, but at first glance, Wilhelm has to admit it looks like the path the Sewer Party were repelled from, and beyond- cut off presumably at the underground entrance to Horizon.

The second set of (smaller) documents are various medical charts, doctor's notes, insurance rejections, etc for a Saul Paulson. Three words are repeated ad nauseum: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.

"I'm dying, see? Incurable. I got six months, maybe," Saul says, finally regaining control of his voice. "I'm not one of Horizon's zealots," he says, pronouncing the word as though it trailed mucus off his tongue. "I'm a merc. A damn good one, too, which is why they recruited me out of Afghanistan. I got nothing against you people, personally. In fact," he starts, taking another long drag. "I want to be just like you," he says, a wry smile evident in his voice. "I don't want to die. Too many people waiting to meet me on the other side. So, here's my offer: You make me like you and Horizon will soon be a distant memory. I'll give you the rest of the blueprints, and I can do better than that, too. Moving personnel to the wrong sector, internal sabotage... I can even bust out your Samurai Jack." Another long drag while he waits for the Kindred's response.

L

Awfully willing to do whatever it takes to cheat death for someone who claims he is ready to blow himself up.

Wilhelm takes his time examining the documents before passing them to Twist. "The Blueprints there seem consistent with what I've seen of the compound." A bit of useful information he thought she would like to know. Other than that he remains silent, for now, in case Twist had something she would like to say.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist didn't bat an eyelash at the comment about the six car bombs, instead she studied the man's posture and pose. She knew Ishani was in the wings, reading him mystically but that was no reason for her to slack with her own skills.

Is he lying?

Wilhelm's voice drew her attention away and she accepted the paper's, scanning over them. Frowning slightly when she reached the blank spots. Frowning internally at his request for the Embrace. That was a surprise...somewhat. Many Kindred considered their Requiem's curses, not something that would be desired as a reward. She personally wasn't sure of that belief, there were numerous reasons she had never felt the calling to the Covenant of her Sire.
    But she assumed that when faced with death, many things not previously considered suddenly became viable.
    She resisted the urge to glance around to find Ishani. To seek her thoughts. Asa had said he trusted her to speak or him, but could she speak on this? Granting death to a Kindred she could do without qualm, she held that right. But granting Unlife? That was always straight to him. And even if she did say yes, who would grant it? She had no desire for a Childe yet.
    And then there was O-Yama. She stared at he blank spot on the blueprint in her hands, seeing O-Yama in the flat blue of the paper.
    "You are asking for a curse as a reward. It is hardly standard, or generally even desired."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Twist gets the distinct impression that Saul is telling the truth about the bombs, but he's also lying about them.

Saul exhales another dark plume of smoke. "Lady, I ain't negotiating, I'm stating terms." He takes another drag. "You people need to think about this? Grimm ain't half-done with you folks yet. You think the chemical attack was bad? Wait til you see what they're cooking up with your man inside."

L

Wilhelm suppressed the urge to wince as Twist pointed out to the man that Vampirism was a thing most Vampires had never wished for. Altruistic of her, perhaps, but he would damn one man without hesitation to stop Horizon. Saul could learn the entirety of what he had requested when their problem was solved. The more immediate problem, however, was that Twist did not seem to know quite yet what the Prince's answer would be. Which meant he would have to stall for a bit of time, or see if he could eke more information from the man, or both. "Creating another of our kind is seldom something undertaken lightly, or without a great deal of consideration. Perhaps you could tell us what it is they are cooking up with him, as you put it, paint us a more complete picture."

Saul considers whether or not to answer this question while he has a couple more drags. "Control," he says finally. "They're learning how to control you. Now quit stalling. You don't want my help? Fine. Keep the blueprint, for all the good it'll do you, and go. I'll be long gone by the time you wished you had taken me up on my offer." He draws another jet of smoke into his lungs. "Oh, and there's a caveat- I ain't spending eternity as one of yer Uggos."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread