Spring. The season of growth. Renewal. And stupid children leaving their trash everywhere.
Which is where bull rush was, in an abandoned home, cleaning out the ex-koi pond that the previous owners had left. The pond was full of ciggarette butts and broken alcohol bottles and enough plastic wrappers of candy and chips that it was a miracle there was any life in the pond at all.
So bull rush began the laborious process of picking all of the trash out. And, as expected, it took a lot longer than he thought. And, surprisingly, the kids started showing up before he had finished. The first one wandered back there, saw him, and swiftly turned around. But apparently, that wasn't exactly enough, as three big bruiser guys show up.
"What are you doing here. Get out man, this is our place." They are blind to the hours of work he has spent, cleaning out the pond.
"I am kicking you out of here, and cleaning the pond. What does it look like?" He growled at them, which didn't work so well considering they were a good foot taller than him.
"How about you get the hell out, this is our place."
"Or how about I call your mother, John Hotchkins. Or yours, Steven Prowski? What? you thought I would just kick you guys out without doing a little digging? No, I know all about you, and your drug habits, and smoking habits, and drinking habits. I am telling you leave nicely, before.." And the third guy, who bull rush didn't bother getting a name from, throws a punch. Bull Rush grabs his arm and twists, locking them together, before slamming him against the wall, his arm locked behind his back, as his elbow twists in a direction it was not intended.
"I really don't have time to play around. I've got to finish here, and then start work on the next house. My boss doesn't appreciate dirty ponds."
"Who the hell are you?" Steven asks.
"I am in the Brotherhood. Now get out, and don't come back, or I'll just call the police for trespassing, vandalism, statutory rape, drug possession, breaking and entering.." But he doesn't get to finish, as Steven and John bug out, leaving mister unknown left.
"I'm going to give you a hint. Tell your friends to party someplace else. The Brotherhood disapproves of your behavior here, and when we get upset, bad things happen."
Bull Rush lets go, and goes back to the pond, reaching in and pulling out half a bottle of Corona. By the time he is finished, mister unknown is gone.
And the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood has a glimmer of a reputation.