21 - 30
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Look around Stanford

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Alian

Noel nods and sighs.

"That is a problem, its hard to work with others when your either not understanding them or they don't understand you but that is what it means to be human, I was told as a younger man that every person is an island and does not need another person to validate there existance, but when I was even younger I was told that to find a person who truely completes you is like sovling a jigsaw puzzle, all in all I say humans are neither Islands or Jigsaws and thats that."

Noel stops for a secound mothing back what he said to himself and sighs.

"I knew there was a valid point in what I just said but I can't work out were."

"You lost me with all that stuff about validation and islands, pal," Mickey says. "So, this guy - I didn't catch your name, man, or I already forgot it, in which case, I'm sorry" he says to Jeremiah. "He's a programmer. I work in a warehouse. So, what kinda work do you do, Noel?"

Mickey thinks programmers have something to do with computers, but beyond that, he hasn't a clue what programming is about.

A
    Alian

"Well Mickey I don't work that much anymore I used to be a park ranger but now I just bum around really."

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

So the short one is either stupid or prefers physical labor. And the big one is a bum of sorts. Great...The short one seems more interesting.

Is it ok to ask the short one if he knows why he is a dwarf?midget?....Probably not

Jeremiah listens silently.

"Bummin' around's nice work if you can afford it, I guess," Mickey says. "So, whatta you guys like to do for fun other than bum around in parks?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Fun?...Programming is fun.

"....TV, video games, and running. I don't participate in much else."

Mickey looks Jeremiah over, figures he passes as a runner as well as a nerd, nods.

"I spend more time on weightlifting than running," Mickey says, grinning. "I don't have, what do they call it, a 'natural runner's build.' Lifting's easy, though. I don't have to lift the weights very far to get full extension."

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah cracks a small smile. "I would have to agree with them. That and I'm sure it must be fun to be able to lift more than other people and watch the dumb struck looks on their faces."

A
    Alian

Noel listen to the two men talking and smiled lightly.

"So Mickey ho much can you lift?"

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah's phone goes off and he pulls it out. He reads the text and sighs.

"They broke the server....I need to fix that. Have a good day."

With that he wanders off grumbling to himself about incompetence.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.