Mark sat at the reserved table of what was supposed to be The M.C. Union. He looked out at his dead dream. He looked at the bar and shelves with the glasses and booze on it. He looked at the wall hangings and artwork all hung up. Mark stood and walked over to the bar and ran his fingers over the carved names. He looked at the plaque by the wall. Enough was enough and he was tired of the stress. He tried to make things better and tried to do a better job of being a Kindred for the Prince but no matter what he did he wouldn't be able to make it right.

Mark walked upstairs and saw Mia and Jayne sitting on the floor packing. He didn't say anything to them. He had said enough already and was sick and tired of making excuses. He had failed his girls, he had failed Dirge, "Oh Shit what am I gonna tell Dirge." Mark thought to himself. He shut down his computer and began to unhook the wiring. Mark turned and looked at the painting, The painting that Jayne never burned. The Dark haired woman whos face was still not formed. He looked to Jayne who looked back at him.

"Hmm..."
is all he said about the Painting. "I am going to go to the new place and start getting things set up. It will be tight for a while but we will get by."

"Mark I don't understand."

"You don't have to, the man said no and that's enough of a reason. Both of you just follow your instructions and leave it alone."

"Yes Mark" They Said in Unison,

"If Dirge or One of the others comes by just let them know whats going on." Mark said as he picks up a duffel bag and begins walking down the steps.

"Mark" It was Jayne now standing at the top of the steps. "I'm Sorry."

"No worries, give it 20 years or so and we will try again" Mark said with his Boyish Grin but Jayne saw right though it.

Mark got on his Ducati, Cinching the duffel tight around his midsection. He road off into the darkness taking some turns left and right then Left again. As he got to his destination he got out and looked around. Mark walked up to the building, it was a abandoned restaurant. Mark had done some research and it turned out this restaurant was closed down because of a Fire. The owner Died before restoring it and the building was left to its devices. Right through the cracks it fell. So Mark fronted Jayne the money and had her buy it.

Mark wasn't going to reopen it or anything, he wasn't that stupid. But it would make a nice little haven. Still had the cooler and freezer too, It was one of the old style ones built like a vault. It needed to be cleaned out but the buildings foundation and roof were solid. The Basement was set up for dry storage with the freezer and cooler. The sign on the building said... "NeverWhere" Mark Liked the irony of the name. Who knows maybe in about 15 or 20 years he would open up the place again. But for now For now Mark needed a place to stay.

"Home sweet Hovel." Is all Mark said as he went inside and began cleaning things up.