11 - 20
DISPLAYED
THREADID

You've got the Rite stuff baby

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Seeing the look Bull Rush is giving him, Starseeker shuts his trap. While Bull Rush explains things, he wonders why no one understands the Zen of the Cheeto.

Feel free to have Bull Rush explain how to meditate, SS will save all his questions for an hout

one hour

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

"No need to chant, though some people find that helps. I just focus on a definition of myself. How I define myself. Thinking about that aspect of myself, how I've validated it, and how I've become it. Try it. Think about yourself, focus on you. ignore distractions. focus."

Bull Rush nods to chantays request. But otherwise stays quiet to let starseeker try.

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

10 minutes in

He fidgets, like he's sitting on something uncomfortable, or he really needs to pee.

20 minutes in

Fidgeting is mostly gone, but his muscles are tight, like he's forcing himself not to fidget.

30 minutes in

His breathing slows, becomes more measured

40 minutes in

One by one all his muscle groups unclench and relax.

60 minutes in

Starseeker's head dips forward, and very faint snoring noises come from him. He is completely relaxed.

L

Chantay arches one eyebrow in bemusement as Starseeker begins to snore, giving Bull Rush a look that clearly asks which one of us gets to wake him up?

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Bull Rush taps starseeker in the chest with his foot fairly gently. "Wake up Yogi, time to get to work."

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

"mumble Sara mumble" Starseeker awakes after a few moments of prodding and looks around. "Um... sorry." He wipes his mouth dry and waits for Bull Rush to continue.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Right. So Rituals. Rituals are old old contracts, written into the existence of the spirit world. We do X,Y,Z, they do A,B,C. Usually. There are newer Rites, that are formed usually on a more local level between powerful werewolves and even more powerful spirits. So to learn the rites, you have to first learn your place in the cosmos. And the answer is small. We are small, barely significant beings in the grand scheme of things. And yet, we are also pinnacles of predators. We are supreme over all others. So our rites are combinations of humility and dominance."
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Starseeker raises his hand.

L

Chantay smiled slightly. "Humility and dominance, a balance between two extremes, straddling the border between them." The Elodoth's smile deepened as she glanced upwards, to where her Auspice moon hung in the night sky. "I think I can handle that."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Yes, you on the floor. What is it?"
    He was only missing a chalkboard, otherwise he would be practically at school.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last