1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

You've got the Rite stuff baby

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Starseeker waits patiently for his Alpha at the locus. He sits atop the train, Cheetos bag in his lap, staring at his orange covered hand with grim determination.

He will find a way...

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

"Starseeker" Bull Rush calls out, looking quite confused.

"You wouldn't happen to know why Kevin Sorbo is on my TV would you?"

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

"Because it's a good series?" His tone of voice makes it clear that he doesn't get what the problem is. "I found a set missing the fourth season, so I had to buy a new set and make copies for it. I figured that you should get the new set instead of the old set. What's wrong, it not work in your player?" He offers the bag of chips to his Alpha. "Cheeto?"

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

"No thank you." Bull Rush turns down the cancer stick. "Alright, so what did you want? I couldn't quite decipher your message."

L

"Can anyone ever decipher his messages?" Chantay, as it turned out, had been sitting in one corner of the room, utilizing one of her gifts of stealth to keep herself hidden from view. Judging by how she was sitting cross-legged on what appeared to be a yoga mat, she had been meditating. The use of Blending obviously a precaution to make sure that she'd remain undisturbed until she was done.

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

"Oh" He crumples the bag closed and wraps it with a rubber band while he talks "Chantay and I are entering into the Dance contest and I wanted to see if you were gonna sign up. I had this great idea that we could sign up as a group and dance to Thriller, but Chantay just gave me the Look, you know the one," he points at Bull Rush, "yeah that's the one, you really got that steely gaze down right, and she said you wouldn't go for it. I wanted to do the tango but she said no so we're trying to settle on a routine that works, and I'm thinking of taking some dance lessons since I'm rusty but she's too busy which is understandable. I also wanted to learn how to preform Rites, could you teach me?"

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Starseeker jumps when Chantay reveals herself "Ah! Chantay!" Starseeker rubs the back of his neck. "I didn't... see you mumble mumble mumble"

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Bull Rush looks surprised to see chantay, but pleased. "As far as dance. You are on your own." With that settled:
    "Good to see you Chantay. We'll speak quietly so as not to distract you. In fact, thats a good place to start. Starseeker, sit on the floor and meditate. Don't worry I'll coach you through it. Meditation helps a lot in doing rites, and so if you want to do it right, your going to need to know how to wring every last scrap of power out of it."

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Starseeker passes Chantay the bag of Cheetos before she can voice any further questions, inviting her to partake of cheesy nirvana and orange fingers. He settles down on the ground with crossed legs and is blessedly silent.

For a minute. Then he opens one eye and whispers a question to Bull Rush. "Should I chant Ohm?"

What kind of penalties am I rolling with?

L

Chantay smirked ever so slightly at Starseeker, "That was the point." She rose from her seated position, spending a moment to stretch stiff limbs before rolling up the mat and leaning it against the wall next to her. "I just finished actually."

Apparently satisfied with her stretches the young Elodoth walked over to the rest of her pack. She looked at the Cheeto bag dubiously for a few seconds, before setting it on one of the train's conveniently close flat surfaces. "Mind if I sit in actually? I've been meaning to learn a bit more about rites too."

There would be no penalties associated with a meditation roll under these circumstances.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last