Markos was working in the basement when his phone biped reminding him that Deacon was going to be stopping by for a visit. Mark was looking forward to it, Mark hadn't talked to the Black Eyed Nos since court and he was wondering how he was taking to Sacramento. Mark walked upstairs to find Jayne and Mia flipping through bowling magazines and taking notes of what needed to be ordered for the Re-Renovation. "Ladies, My Friend Deacon should be stopping by, I am working in the basement just send him down when he gets here."

"Yes Mark" They said in Unison not looking up from there magazines and notebooks.

And with that Mark returned to the basement...

Deacon looked around as he made his way to the doors to the closed Bar and knocked on the door.

Jayne and Mia look up to the knocking door and Mia goes to open it, "Hello you must be Deacon," she says looking at his black as crude eyes.

As Mia opens the door Deacon was looking away and turned to her and smiled, the street lights reflecting some in his eyes almost making it seem that his eyes weren't possible and he nodded, " Yes that would be me, is Markos around ? "

"Yep, Come on in," She holds the door open.

As he enters he sees a clone of Mia standing behind the bar flipping through a magazine. "Mark is downstairs Sir, Just go on through." Jayne says pointing to a hallway

Deacon nodded and made his way in, "Thank you ladies." He moved his way through the hallway and opened the basement door as he knocked on it, waiting for a reply before heading down.

"Yeah Come on down," Mark's Voice Says echoing up a set of wooden steps.

Deacon made his way down, his first footsteps light, then he stopped his ghosting mode and allowed his footsteps to be more hard and hollow, "What'cha up to ? Haven't heard from ya since Court." He looked around taking the place in.

Deacon will see Mark standing on a chair, hanging a punching bag from the ceiling, "Busy Busy my friend, Trying to figure out whats going on with this place. Among other such business." Mark says pointing to the ceiling of the Basement which in turn is the floor of the Bar. Mark extends his hand to his friend. "So you keeping busy? How is Sacramento treating you."

Deacon gives Mark a hardy shake, "Meh not to much, found a kindred without direction and got her information on where to go. Pretty much it, otherwise been keeping my nose clean." Deacon smiled and brought his hand back after the shake, "Whats going on with the bar ?"

"Yeah sorry I missed your Text, I have been wrapped up pretty heavy with Deputy business. The Bar..." Mark pauses "Just an issue with the City, Forms and permissions and what not." Mark Finished hanging the Bag and stepped down from the chair. He pulled up his phone and found the message from Deacon. "Hey Deac, You gotta leave our terms out of messages. Kindred, Ventrue, The Movement. Using terms like that in a Message or on the phone is considered a violation of the Masquerade."

Deacon nodded, "Alright, I'll keep that in mind, though personally not sure about The movement." Deacon shrugged and looked at the bag giving it a small push, "Thinking about getting in shape ?" He smiled, bringing up something else.

"Yeah, My Dad boxed when he was younger, always wanted me to pick it up. Decided recently I would try to pick it up. Gotta learn to hold my own if They let me keep being a Deputy." Mark explained.

Deacon nodded and give a slight hook to the bag and then caught it, and lightly pushed it towards Markos, "Being able to hold your own is something anyone should be able to do. Especially if your the deputy." Deacon smiled just messing with Markos at the end.

"Yeah thats a good point." Mark moved over to his toolbox and began putting his tools away. "So whats your deal Deac?" Mark asked...

" Meaning ? " Deacon started shadow boxing lightly with bag since he wasn't given something else to 'play' with at the moment, still keeping his attention to Markos.

"Well I know your here for some sort of Pilgrimage, tah earn your stripes. But is that what yah want?" Mark asked watching the Nos throw his punches. "Or do yah have other plans?"

Deacon shrugged, " To tell the truth I don't know, I've always been told what to do." He dodged the bag and stopped, catching the bag and letting it rest. "I have to admit I ... didn't mind it in the end, now that I've been left to my own devices I'm not sure what to do. At the most I'm a soldier not really a socialite or politician." He smiled lightly

Mark looked at Deacon with a Puzzled look, "A Soldier? Forgive me brother but your you don't exactly look like a soldier. I mean Konstantin or Daryl they look like soldiers..." Mark left the statement hanging in the air.

Deacon smiled, "There are different kinds of war, I was trained in between. I guess at the most I'm a scout when it comes to it." Deacon stretched his arms some, even though he really didn't need to do so and gave the bag a light gut punch. "Though really I'm not that old either my true age really is only 29." He chuckled

"Yeah I know the feeling man, Me I just wanted to sit back, start my business and enjoy my requiem. So far things have gotten a bit more complicated. So you running with a crew yet?" Mark asked

Deacon shook his head, "Naw, haven't really met anyone really besides you and the other Nos on the day of/before court. Haven't seen him since, though I guess I've made some connections, but nothing I could rely on." He shrugged and continued his little shadow boxing match.

Mark watched his foot steps and his hands as Deacon shadow boxed, "So your still unbound," With a nod of accent Mark continues "Where do your loyalties lie? Are you looking to join the Invictus? Or are you gonna run free?"

Deacon shrugged, the shrugg looking intentional as he moved around the bag, "If anything I could go back to the nest of the Invictus, though really I don't know. No one has approached me, and I'll probably ask Ms. Naetesh or the Seneschal to make that public."

"Doesn't really answer my Question, Do you wanna join the Invictus?"
Mark asked.

"hmm..." Deacon stops, and catches the bag. "It's the place I would feel the most at home. I guess in the end I would default to yes."

"Aight" Mark says as he hoists himself up on the counter/work bench

"Why the interest ?" Deacon shifted and looked to Mark

"Just wondering what my friends are up to," Mark says as pulls out a notepad and crosses something off on a list. "You Box?" Mark asks the obvious

"Yes, One thing I got to choose was my type of training. I chose boxing though I'm thinking I should have learned Military techniques." Deacon shrugged, "Maybe once I'm done training myself I will." Deacon moved back into rhythme on the punching bag, "What covenant you belong to ?, If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm Agnostic." Mark says as he makes another note on the paper. "As of right now I am not planning on joining a covenant. Not interested in the politics"

Deacon nods, "Happen to know who the leader is of the Invictis so I might be able to talk to them ?" As Deacon asks he already knows who it probably is.

"If the grape vine is correct its My Priscus. Lady Twist." Mark said looking up to Deacon. "But the Reeve is a ranking member as well."

He nodded, "Well I guess I'll prolly talk to the Reeve first since theres a meeting coming up." He shifted again, "So what else has been up ?"

"Dirge and I have been seeing each other. Not sure how that's gonna go in the long run but for now its been cool. Got my computer fixed. Looking at buying a bowling ball. Got a new waitress who is Swiss and her blood is sweet as sin. Makes me wish I could still each chocolate." Mark said with a chuckle.

Deacon laughed a little at the sweet as sin. "hmm sounds like things are running pretty well, love itself is fickle what'll happen will happen. Hopefully things work out for you guys."

"Yeah we will see, Hey you hungry?"
Mark asked looking up from his notebook.

"Yeah sure." Deacon stopped his shadow boxing and stretched again, and moved to follow Mark

"My Waitress's have the night off and Mia needs a rest, so lets head out. I know a nice little club over by the campus." Mark says as he heads up the steps and the two kindred disappear off into the night.

<<End of Scene>>