Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Circle and Solstice

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

((ST Note: This thread follows the "Court at the Sterling Hotel" thread on the old boards.))

Hector and anyone else who drove with Circe to the private meeting of the Circle finds that she drives a somewhat less-than-glamorous vehicle - a large, older model white van - but that she travels with some unusual companions. As they arrive at the van, a wolf pops its head up to window level, looks at whomever is there, then goes back to the rear of the van upon noticing Circe.

Then there are the other two creatures...small, twisted, freakish things, their features a mix of rodent and human, with gray and green mottled skin and legs like those of a frog. One was in the van when they arrived, while the other climbed out from underneath the van and hopped inside when she opened the door.

When they arrive at their destination, a great horned owl flies down and alights on her arm. She talks to it in hoots and clicks and squawks, then sends it back aloft.

Arriving at the land Circe has obtained, the other vampires making up Sacramento's contingent of the Circle of the Crone find it to be made up of a tract of farmland, a small farmhouse and some outbuildings, and a hilly area full of scrub and light forest, dry in the current drought. Circe explains that she is planning to let the fields be reclaimed by nature.

"Meanwhile," she says, "I have located an area in those hills that will serve well for ritual purposes. There is a large, natural rock outcropping located in a ravine, which will serve well as an altar, and in addition to the land being fenced in, that area is hilly and wooded enough to provide privacy for services and rituals."

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean looks around the property Circe had obtained in satisfaction. This was way more wide open then they'd had it in San Fran.

He grins "This is a pretty sweet set up, Circe. Nobody around for miles. Shit's gonna get freaky."

Lori threw her fluffy bride's maid dress out the window of the modest white van as it sped towards its destination with the wolf watching her curiously. Turns out she had on a torn shirt and a pair of shorts on under it... and her boots. When they arrive she also looks around in satisfaction, "Freaky indeed..." She says softly.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

The area where the Crone gathering was to take place took Jayant a while to get to and used a wide number of peculiar methods, including catching a ride under a passing lorry; hanging on until reaching this area of the city.

Dropping and rolling, Jayant brushes himself down and makes sure he still has all his extremities before lightly jogging for a couple of miles towards the rendevouz. Approaching, he spots a white van and a small number of other Kindred, one of who he recoginses as Circe. The others he saw at court but did not speak with.

Making his presence known, Jayant ensures he is easily spotted by heading towards them from their own line of sight.

"Good evening," he remarks, smiling respectfully.

"Good evening, Jayant," Circe says. "I am glad you made it. All of us have much to discuss, including celebration of the Summer Solstice next Sunday night. First there is one short thing to which I must attend. I will be back momentarily."

Circe walks to the darkened farmhouse, the wolf following behind and one of the small, strange creatures also hopping after her. The other of these creatures hops up on a treestump and crouches, beady eyes darting around.

((ST Note: Note edit above, re: date for Solstice. There is almost week between this meeting, which occurs immediately last Monday's Elysium, and the Solstice (which in the real world happened yesterday, but time does screwy things in game-world))

The Khaibit says nothing, only responds by nodding. Internally though, he is still as sea of unease, losing so much over such a small space of time, culminating in a loss of faith.

Maybe this woman could re-ignite my fire? He begins to chuckle out loud, not quite realizing.

L
    Laufrey

Hector is primarily silent on the way up as he watches everywhere they go and notices by which route Circe takes them. He does take note of Lori's change while it happened but again said nothing, his smile is no where to be seen while watching the scenery flow by. Upon arriving at their destination and having gotten out he looks it over as though searching for something, at the comment made by Sean he simply looks over at the other Kindred a moment in consideration before looking out at the land again. When Jayant arrives he nods in acknowledgment and considers Circe as she speaks of the Summer Solstice before moving to the farm house.

Turning to look at Sean and Lori once Circe was out of site he asks, "So what was it like in your previous home? If you don't mind sharing a little bit." A slight smile crept at the corners of his mouth.

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean grins, glad to share. "The East Bay. San Francisco. It's a fucking awesome city. Really fucking crowded, though - Kindred-wise. I loved it for the music scene, myself. The local Circle was filled with a bunch of dickholes and asswipes, though, and there were too many elders running around. Lori and me wanted to check out a new scene so here we are."

"How about you? Where are you from?"

L
    Laufrey

Hector takes in Sean's words and shakes his head in displeasure at the sense of fools running rampant within the Circle in other cities, if possible his smile is slightly sad. He seems genuinely surprised of Sean's reflected question. He bores holes with his eyes into Sean with simple intensity, no malice or anything else, for several long moments. When he speaks it's almost like a mysterious secrete, if you don't pay attention it'll disappear.

"Hell is to simple a concept." The normality returns as does his usual smile and demeanor, "The greater LA area saw a fair bit of me. Don't go there as all us Circle of the Crone's are KOS by order of the Lance de Sanctum primarily because kindred thought it was a cool blood party gig and swept up those that should have known better. Thus the Lance served a bitter purpose to not only their god but the rest in retribution. But if you do go there be sure to send them my regards." The last part of what he says holds a steel ice of such menace and veiled hate that would keep less stalwart folk up at night, or day depending.

Shrugging he moves on asking, "So what brought you to the Circle of the Crone in the first?" While exchanging with Sean his look now includes all present in the question at hand.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

"My blood brought me to the Mother." Jayant isn't one for detailed conversation, not at this point. In fact, it almost sounds as if he is sulking.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread