Watch
61 - 64
DISPLAYED
Circle and Solstice

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean and Lori walk off together into the woods, and they spend the rest of the evening walking amongst the trees and rocks and grass on the land that Circe had acquired for them.

The fading nighttime finds them in a forest glade where both of them meld into the Earth to sleep for the day.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant bows his head but does not reply. It deserves no reply. He is the Mother's servant.

L
    Laufrey

Hector accepts the suggestion to speak with Circe soon with a smile. As the others wander off he simply watches. As they all vanish into the night he first locates the house with the basement ensuring he's familiar enough to get in without a hassle if rushed. Once done he walks to within sight of the property boundary and begins to walk a methodical track beside the boundary to eventually encompass the whole land. As he walks he enjoys the night and open space free of others to force their wills about, he makes particular note of landmarks and other such things as he passes them by. Not only to memorize but to figure the best place for his new garden. With an hour to spare he heads back to the house by the best and fastest means possible from what he'd observed.

Perhaps he'd get that talk with Circe tonight yet, he was more than a little curious.

Before heading off with Jayant, Circe seeks out Hector. "I go to pray and meditate and perform divinations until dawn. I would like for us to speak tomorrow night, shortly after waking."

She then leads Jayant to her chosen haven. Far in back of the farmhouse, a wooden trap door opens onto stone steps. She has Jayant bar the door from within, then leads him down the steps to another door... an old fallout shelter. The metal door is rusted, it does not lock as securely as was once the case, but it kept the light out, and with her beasts and Jayant, she knows she will be safe.

Once within the Haven, Circe asks Jayant to lock the door, such as is possible. There are few belongings - several sets of clothing, various grooming items, pitchers of water, bowls, jars of herbs and oils, a few censers and braziers, a few simple chair and tables, a variety of weapons, mostly blades of various sorts. One area, covered with pelts and silks, is obviously meant to serve as a bed.

Circe disrobes entirely, without modesty and without apparent intent of seduction. She seats herself at her table and pours some water into a bowl, then picks up a needle-tipped stylus. "I will be doing divinations until dawn approaches," she says to Jayant. " I ask that you stand guard, as I will be insensate through many of these rituals. My serpent lies with me as I sleep, but if you wish to also lay with me as the dawn nears, you may do so. This honor I grant you, in recognition of your loyal service."

She pierces her fingertip with the needle and lets several drops of Vitae drip into the bowl, chanting an invocation in Greek as she does so.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread