Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
War Room

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Today he had a school report to re-assemble.

Wearing a non-descript suit (which, in truth, described roughly half his wardrobe), he enters the Living Stones' old Sanctum, looking around for the obvious gathering of Arrows. "Magister," he uses as manner of neutral greeting, addressing West, "you asked for help?" He doesn't greet the others, not yet anyway, and keeps his tone neutral. If West hadn't publicized their last encounter, Henry wouldn't either. This association with the Arrow made him uncomfortable. But it was necessary.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West smiled slightly.

If the other man wanted to make it sound like he'd come begging just because he'd had to shoot him, that was fine. He had never placed much stock in pride, and he certainly wouldn't send his Arrows out one man shy because of it.

"Yes, thank you for coming,"
    he answered politely, deliberately leaving off names and titles.

"Animus, Ankh, Ash, Teegan, and Tug are planning an assault on the Kruegan's old Sanctum,"
    West elaborated, gesturing for Henr to make himself cozy.
    Nimbus

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry looks at the others assembled, offering them a collective nod. "My pleasure," he answers the Magister neutrally. His eyes stop on Tug for a brief moment, considering the man's choice of attire. At least they weren't all dressed like that.

"Sorry to come in so late," he adds non-committaly, "but do we know what we're up against here?" If they didn't, recon would be the first order of business, of course.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Somewhat. We're going in from the Shadow Realm. It should also give us a chance to take a look around before we drop in on them."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry ponders that plan for a few moments. The whole 'surprise drop-in' aspect had promise. If the whole 'surprise' aspect worked. Otherwise they were risking Abyssal intervention, and would be dropping straight into the middle of enemy territory. There was no better place to be, but there was also no worse place to be.

"Are we sure none of the bogeys can see into the spirit world? I'd hate to walk in there with a big flag on our heads." The word 'bogeys' felt natural here. He couldn't say 'dog', or 'Banishers'; The first was too indirect, the second too obvious. Bogeys was a nice middle ground.

The Guardian was pretty sure (or rather, he hoped) someone had already raised that particular concern, but if noone had, then hell, he'd play devil's advocate.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash gives the newcomer a slight gesture with his head. I'm so out of my league, he thinks as he rummages around in the duffel back, removing the sap gloves he picked up from the Circle along with the very 9mm pistol Falx had taught him to shoot with.

But then again, I could do with promotion, he grins at the thought of getting some payback for his fellow Arrow. The issue of recon was a good point and Ash felt silly about not considering it but swiftly swallows the rising pride.

I'm a boxer not a soldier. What do I need recon for?

PRE

Tug acknowledges Henry's arrival with a nod, the exuberant enthusiasm he had displayed at the Consilium meeting replaced with a tense chill. "Glad you could make it," the big man rumbles. "No. We don't know much about what we're up against, except there's an Adept of Visomancy on their team, and maybe Vector. If they can see into the Shadow, then this whole thing could go bad fast. We're gambling they can't. The plan, if it works, is to scout the layout of the building, scrutinize the targets from across the Gauntlet to assess their capabilities, then work out the details of the breach and engagement accordingly."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus looks at Tug in confusion. "Vector is an Adept of Visomancy." Then he turns back to Henry.

"Even if they do have someone who can see across the Gauntlet, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they weren't looking now. The city's Shadow has been quite empty as long as I've been here. And we know that trying the front door will be walking in with a big flag on our heads. I should be able to prepare the gate off-site so we can use it quickly, but I can only guarantee about thirty minutes before we need to use it."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Well, I think the chances of them watching the Shadow have got to be no better than the chances of them watching the more mundane means of approach, and likely worse," West offered.

Then again, if it were up to him, they'd do a LALO and be done with it.

I'm sure the Ladder and Guardians would love that.
    Nimbus

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry listens to the various points of view, furrowing his brow as he thinks, thinks, thinks. Dangit, we need time. Planning something like this takes time, information, something. And the sudden inclusion of Vector made Henry's preferred solution climb a half-dozen steps towards 'tac-nuke'. He certainly understood the Arrows, however, in wanting to rescue their comrade. He just thought it was reckless.

"All right, it's worth a shot. I'd still prefer if we had a diversion material-side, but it'll have to do." He idly wished he still had his weapon. Learn to live without it, my ass. To distract himself for that particular line of thought, he reached into a pocket and thumbed off his cellphone. He hadn't taken the time to drop it off at hom, but he'd be damned if the damn thing rang in the middle of an 'assault'.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread