Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Turning Wheel, Wandering Feet (Open)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    L

Winter's chill was at long last beginning to leave the air. Soon it would be springtime, not that it was much more than a marginal improvement. Simply a sovereign that preferred a different method of ignoring the Fae. If the Court could get itself organized after Crunk's shooting. But Spring would be a step closer to Summer and Autumn at least.

But Rick didn't have much need to worry overmuch about the seasons now, instead he should simply enjoy the weather. So he did, letting the cool air run across his skin as he wandered down the city streets.

With Rick taking in the chill of late winter, something tingles down his spine, a feeling akin to Arcadia in the dying light of a day before the night terrors come.

Wits + Occult roll please

L

Rick shivered as the sensation ran down his spine. A sensation unlike any he'd ever wanted to feel again. He finds his steps slowing, his eyes glancing about as he tries to place the feeling...

1 Success

Looking around, he spots the following scene:

Rick's tingles are emanating from the open manhole cover. The cracked, open manhole cover.

L

Now that was just not good. He had to worry about some possible Fae incursion, and now somehow manage to make sure the utility worker didn't find something that he'd regret. This would have been so much simpler if he'd gotten here before the other man...but there was nothing he could do about that now. So he walked towards the scene, peering at it from just behind the orange tape as he gave a low whistle of amazement. "Man...what happened to that thing? I don't think I've ever seen one of those covers get broken like that."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Sarah strolls along the street, taking in the slight changes in weather as winter begins to turn to spring. She'd always liked being outside, even though she was also equally at home at a table with friends, and it sometimes brought her comfort even as she made sure nobody tried to be a wise-ass in confronting her.

Sarah comes across the scene, but stays well away from the taped-off area, looking to see others' reactions and alert to any sudden movements.

L

Rick's eyes flickered briefly to the new arrival he saw make her way onto the scene. One whose appearance bore a hint of Arcadia to his own fae-touched gaze. Hopefullyshe was a new arrival to the Freehold he hadn't met yet, and not a Loyalist connected to whatever was happening here. Then he'd really have his hands full. Regardless, while she was as far from him as she was there wasn't much he could do about her. So he watched her from the corner of his eye as he waited for the worker to respond.

The worker looks over to Rick. He was used to the nosies but something with this job seemed to scratch at his nerves and it showed as he scratched his head under his protective hat.

"Yeah, tell me about it," he says moving over towards Rick. "The worst I've ever seen. Was reported last night after someone blew a tyre on the raised cover. How the hell it cracked the concrete is beyond me."

L

"Something wrecked the concrete?" Rick didn't even have to try and sound surprised, that emotion was certainly present. He glanced over at the shattered section of the street again, paying a bit more attention to it before returning his gaze to the man. "I don't see how that could have happened unless something happened from beneath," he let his gaze drift to the darkened opening to the sewers below. "Has anyone been down there to check it out?"

"Yeah, got a couple of guys checking it out. No need to worry sir, we'll get it fixed." He gives Rick an encouraging smile before turning to head back to his truck briefly.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread