Mark walked downstairs with a box in his hands. He had gotten the cooler door up but he wanted some more security. Mark set down the box and took out a dead bolt lock and a smaller box with a small web camera in it. "Jayne you wanna give that guy from Sacramento Refrigeration a call and find out when he is going to be here." Mark yelled up to his ghoul.

"Yeah no problem"

"Thank you." He said as he went back to tinkering.

Dirge opened her room door and came out with Cerberus leading the way. She had some some time alone after waking for the night and while she could do with some more alone time, she wanted to see what Mark was up to. She let Cerberus lead her through the bar toward Mark after she closed the fridge door to her new haven. It seems wrong to just accept all this for nothing from Mark and she wasn't sure still what he wanted from her.

"Hey Mark. How are you this evening?" She asked with a smile.

"Ello Beautiful" Mark said and got down off the stool to give Dirge a kiss, "Did you stay in the new place?" Mark asked. Dirge will hear him tinkering with different equipment and opening some boxes. I hope she stayed here...

She returned his kiss and when he had finished gave him a smile, "Yeah, I thought I'd try and break it in and try it on to see if it fit. It's really nice. Thanks again."

She waited for a moment and listened to him work and then finally spoke up,"What'cha working on?"

I love kissing her...

"Well I am gonna set some stuff up to keep yah safe. Just some security measures. You can get these laser trips for like 30 bucks off the internet. I was gonna set a couple up to ring if someone tries to get in. Also a hidden intercom. Well it will be hidden on the outside but not on the inside of course. So if someone does trip it you can listen to see if its someone you recognize. Normally I would just set up a little web camera to a monitor but that won't help much in this case."

Mark explained as he set out the trip sensors and the intercom on top of the bar. "Oh also, You know how there is the big freezer door in front of the normal door? Well what I am doing is having a guy come in and actually install a working cooler in front of that. So you have to go through the cooler to get to what looks like a freezer. Just like the other cooler and freezer I have. Just a little more camouflage." Mark explained this all to her as if in a trance, listing off all these plans and ideas. "What do you think?"

"I think you work too hard and spend too much money on me. I've lived in the finest surroundings and upper-crust of society, but I've also dug holes in sewer walls and crawled in to sleep among the filth and sludge. I don't need fancy things or places to keep me happy," she smiled warmly at him, "but I am grateful for what you've given me I just don't want you to think it isn't enough."

After a short pause she begain again, "An actual working fridge and sensors that sounds like you've put alot of thought into it and should definately do the job. I like it, it sounds like a spy movie or something."

Mark sets down a copy of Zen and the Art of Home Repair and turns to look at his Haunting lover, "Dirge, I am doing this because I want to, Not because I want anything out of you. And definitely not because I want to control you.

"Babe, If I am going to far and you want me to slow down here please say so. I just care. Not to mention I am Both Daeva and Irish, which means all fury and passion, and stubborn as an ox." He laughed as he took her hands.

"That's not what a meant hun, and I'm glad that it is making you happy," she looks down a little sheepishly and continues, "I just don't see that I'm worth all this fuss. I mean you're so good to me and I don't feel that I deserve it."

Mark smiles at her, she can hear it in his voice, "Dirge Trust me, to me your worth it, and more. Now why don't we go somewhere we can talk privately. Did you wanna go downstairs or up?" Mark asked as he began piling his electronics back in the box.

"We can go up to your place Mark, I could do for a change."

Mark took her by the hand and walked upstairs. He opened the door and went inside. Dirge will smell fresh paint and what smells like burnt Ozone. "Sorry, Its kinda a mess. I mostly just use this place for work." Mark sets the box on the table next to a open computer case and a soldering iron. "So Dirge, have you given what we talked about anymore thought?”

"I don't mind the mess...It's not like I can see it," she said with a smile at her jest. She wasn't prepared when he asked about their discussion. She was no closer to an answer than she was a couple days ago. "I'm sorry Mark, I still need more time. I'll need somewhere I can conduct ritual. Maybe the Hierophant's farm or my alter. I'll have an answer soon, I promise." After a pause she asked, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Thats ok Dirge, Like I said take your time. I was just looking for an update." Mark waited for a moment, "I do have another question though, How are you feeling about the other night, and about us?"

How do I feel about us? Oh goddess does he regret it?
Dirge worried silently before pushing those thoughts out of her head. "It was incredible and I thought it was the right time to progress our relationship. Why? You don't regret it do you?"

Mark shook his head, "Dirge If I regretted it I wouldn't be working so hard to give you a safe place to live. No Dirge I don't regret anything. I just wanted to know where you’re at. Some women have a tendency to over analyze and change there mind. I just wanted to know that you and I are on the same page with that."

"Is there anything you wanted to talk to me about?"

"No, I just wanted to spend time together," Dirge paused and then after reaching a decision she continued, "So what did you think of us and the other night Mister Daeva?" She finished her sentence with a playful smile.

Mark smiles and moves to Dirge, placing his hands on her hips. "Last night was lovely," Mark said as he places a kiss on her lips. "So lovely in fact, that I would like to paint you." Mark pulls away and goes to pick up his painters tray and brushes.

"Paint me?" she asked with surprise. "I'm not exactly wearing nice clothing that would look good in a painting," she said while tugging at her ragged clothing.

"Dirge, Do you trust me?" Mark asked

Do I trust him what kind of question is that? What does he think last night was all about? After a moment Dirge answered, "Sure I trust you Mark. I let you see me as I really am. If that isn't trust I don't know what is."

Mark walks over to Dirge and places his hands on her hips again. Mark then leans in close and whispers softly into her ears, "Trust me," and with that Mark lifts her shirt off of her body and over her head, Exposing her bare pale form. Mark takes his feather ended brush and runs it up her arm gently.

Dirge was surprised again when he pulled off her shirt and she offered no resistance. Is he doing a nude? Why didn't he just ask? she thought to herself. Then she felt the paint filled brush touch her bare skin and that is the last thing she had expected him to do when he asked permission to paint her she had not thought he meant it literally.

"Mark if you wanted to do body painting you could have warned me. I didn't realize you had intended me to be the canvas. Do you need me to remove my pants as well?"

Mark shakes his head with a bit of shock... "Wow, that's not what I expected you to say. I guess I need to get to know you better." Mark said as he ran the line of paint up her neck and then back down her spine. "Totally up to you about the pants."

Was kinda hoping this would be exciting for her, something new, but at least I didn't get slapped. Mark thought to himself

She stepped out of her shoes and socks, then she unfastened her pants and pulled her bluejeans off along with her panties. Soon she was standing in front of him naked except for her blindfold. "I've never been painted like this before. You just surprised me is all. I can't see what you're doing so it is a little unnerving to be surprised like that with something unexpected. This is kind of fun though."

Mark ran the line from her spine down her left glut and the back of her thigh, as he spiraled down her caff ending with a spiral on the top of her foot. "Yeah I kinda felt the same way last night. I have never been with anyone who can't see. I mean I've done it in the dark but its different with you. It must be your heightened sense of touch but your body reacted differently then anyone else I have been with. It was both emotionally and physically exhilarating."

"It kind of tickles," she chuckled softly as she felt the brush explore her body. "I haven't been with a man since before I was embraced so I was learning a little back there too. It is kind of weird trying to predict your touches, movements, and thrusting when you can't see it. I guess we can always keep practicing until I have enough knowledge of your technique to predict you reliably. That is some practice I could really look forward to."

Mark grabbed a second brush setting down the first and went to paint another line coinciding with the first. He used a mix of blacks whites and grays. He ran the line starting at her neck this time and going down, running it down her spin next to the other and repeating what he did on the other glut and leg. "Dirge, It makes me really happy that you are enjoying being with me."

Mark continued painting away and casually said, "Tell me about yourself."

"About me?" Dirge asked as her face skewed in thought. She took a moment before answering, "I'm not sure there is much to tell. Well, like I said before I was a singer for the San Francisco Opera and that is how my sire found me. Our bloodline has ability to perceive sound differently even mimic or alter it. So physically experiencing new sounds in person is an important ritual for our blood. And he was attracted to my voice from performing and so one night after our last performance of Don Giovanni I heard some strange noice coming from down an alley. I went over to investigate and was grabbed from behind and pulled into the sewers to be embraced. They kept me locked away from several nights and eventually integrated me slowly into the family. We were all very close and looked out for one another. They were all members of the Crone as well and that is how I was initiated. I felt like Persephone snatched by Hades from the land of light and life and pulled into the underworld of death and darkness and to this day that is who i venerate. The Dark God and Goddess. Then after a time the family wanted to further initiate me into the blood and I resisted at first, I didn't want to become blind. But, they helped me understand that this is just another way through tribulation to grow toward enlightenment and to honor the the Dark Goddess and her consort I accepted this condition and the tribulation that would come from never seeing again."

Dirge paused for a moment and then quickly added, "I'm sorry to ramble my beliefs at you like that. I didn't know what to say or what you were looking for."

"No Dirge, Don't apologize." Mark said as he grabbed his detail brush and went to work on her left breast, staying with the spiral design. "I want to learn about you and your beliefs are important to you, so they are important to me." Mark continued the detailing for another minute or so. "The Paint is water soluble by the way." Mark said with a bit of a smile in his voice.

Mark stepped away and looked at his canvas so far and thought to himself. Hmmm, she is really into her religion... I just hope she doesn't get all JW and try to convert me.

Mark walked back over to Dirge and went back to painting, now on her other breast. "So if you were so happy with your family, why come to Sacramento?"

"I was happy there, but it was too much of a good thing and our group got too large to support easily and still maintain the masquerade. So it was decided that since I had significant light sword training since I was in middle school from the S.C.A or the Society for Creative Anachronism, and I also had Cerberus so me along with several others were best equipped to take care of our selves in a new city and survive. That way the younger Morlocks wouldn't be sent to their death. I picked Sacramento because of the rumors I heard about an open city."

"Thats very cool" Mark said as he painted a tribal sun around her belly button. "So they sent you hear as a ambassador basically."

"Hm...less ambassador and more progenitor of a new Morlock colony. You know, eventually setting up franchises in new cities. I may not be looking to embrace anytime soon, but I would like to start a Necropolis in Sacramento. It is troubling that there is not one already. It is even further troubling that something currently infests the sewers and needs to be cleaned out before I can begin."

"Sorry, me and my thick head but Necropolis? Isn't that the name used for a City of the Dead?" Mark asked "And besides you and I being dead how does that pertain Kindred Society?"

Dirge chuckled lightly, "You are a Daeva so I suppose you wouldn't be expected to know. It is a Nosferatu custom mostly. You are right though Necropolis is a city of the dead. It is a term for a complex society of underground dwelling kindred. They are expansive with many kindred, again mostly Nosferatu, residing together in a small city of their own all underground. At times they can even get large enough to be regencies or domains in their own right."

"If that's what you wanna do Dirge I say go for it." Mark said as he painted a angel wing on the left side of her back. "So what are your plans with the Circle?"

"My plans for the Circle? I'm not in any position of leadership to make any plans for the circle. I would like to continue studying Cruac, ritual, and the occult and increase my value and importance to the Circle. I thought about trying to organize a ritual as a gathering for the Circle kindred to help facilitate bonds to socialize a little. Maybe I'll ask the Hierophant about doing that."

"Hmmm Facilitating Bonds huh," Mark grabbed a clean feather tipped brush. Mark stands and kisses Dirge soundly as, using the extremely soft feather tips begins to tickle Dirge in a very ... delicate location. "Sounds like fun."

She enjoyed his kiss and returned it with one of her own. Then she jumped in surprise and giggled loudly as the brush tickled her nether regions. "Oh, you're naughty," she reached down and brushed Marks crotch with her hand and smiled. "Looks like you have a different kind of bonding in mind."

"What ever gave you that Idea,"
Mark said with a smile as he picks Dirge up and carries her off into the bedroom. As he lays her down into the bed Mark looks at Dirges body, now covered in smudged paint. Mark strips off his clothing and drops to his knees before her. "So Dirge, how did you like my painting?" Mark asks as kisses Dirges inner thigh.

"It was a lot of fun to be able to be a part of your painting." She smiled mischievously when she felt his lips on her thighs, "It was quite stimulating, and it feels like it is about to get a whole lot better."

"Yeah I do my best to keep my paintings fresh and entertaining."
Mark says in a whispered voice as he continues his kisses trailing up her thigh.

<<Fade to Black>>