Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A few questions....(OPEN)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph parks his car near the Temple. Getting out he looks around and makes his way to the Temple. Stopping at the edge he focuses and then crosses onto the temple grounds. He walks at a slow pace looking around for any other kindred or possible ghouls.

Joseph is wearing dark jeans and a dark blue button down shirt.

Joseph notices nobody hanging around outside the temple.

Once inside, on the other hand, he notices two. One is Circe, the Circle's High Priestess. She is dressed not in her typical robes, but rather in a black dress and silver jewelry, accented with the occasional ruby or emerald.

Joseph also sees a bulky vampire with dark, Mediterranean skin tone and wavy black hair. He is dressed in a rather ill-fitting suit. His name is Vic, and he's usually one of the two doormen at court.

Joseph is immediately aware of the presence of the Beast in both vampires, Circe's very strong, Vics quite weak, and it occurs to Joseph that per the announcement at the previous Court, the Old Temple is now a standing Elysium, and as such most Kindred are not allowed to use Disciplines within the temple.

Circe and Vic stop chatting and turn toward Joseph as he enters.

"Mr. Hartman," Circe says in her Greek accent. "Good evening."

Circe, Blood Potency 4
    Vic, Blood Potency 1
    Note: Since Joseph has encounterd both vampires in the past, there is no need to roll for Frenzy.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph bows to Circe and nods to Vic. "Good evening Heirophant, Vic." He smiles a tad nervously, both of the kindred intimidating him.

"Is Deputy Obsidian present? I talked with her at Court about a guest that the Ordo has and haven't been able to get hold of her." Joseph asks respectfully, the Circle interested him. They embrace creation, at least from what Jospeh has seen, angering Circe would cut off any chance of learning more.

Circe shakes her head. "She is not here this evening, nor has she been for the past few. I don't recall her mentioning this issue, either. Is this something I might be able to help you with?"

Vic nods back to Joseph and says "I'll go hang out over there and look at the statues while you two talk." He then wanders over to look at some of Circe's scuplture, most of it with mythological themes.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph's expression goes from a nervous smile to a frown and back to a nervous smile.

"We, the Ordo, have a torpor'd kindred who was part of an attack on us when we went into the sewers. He was covered in scales and could go invisible. The Prince staked him and we brought him back to the Chapter House. We are trying to find a way to look into his mind or dreams while he is still in torpor to learn more. And to avoid having to unstake a vampire that can become invisible and displays Protean like effects.

Deputy Obsidian mentioned something about a summoning."

"Ah, yes," Circe says. "Obsidian did not mention this staked wretch, but she did ask me questions about ways of interacting with dreams. As I told her at the time, I know there are some rituals which call upon Morpheus and other gods and goddesses dealing with dreams, but I do not myself know any of those rituals.

"As to summoning... well, Obsidian is more experienced in that area than am I, and as such, she may have been considering summoning one of those divine beings, as opposed to petitioning via a ritual. I personally would not recommend that course of action, as even weak avatars of a god or goddess can be quite potent, and most of them are much less amenable to direct appeal than are the loa with whom she converses.

"The old stories are quite clear what tends to happen to those who would presume to deal with the gods and goddesses directly,"
    she says, ominously. "Even I, despite centuries as a servant of the Goddess, commune with her only through prayer or ceremony, or through visions."

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

The nervous smile cracks as Circe gives her warning about summoning an avatar of a fricking god.

"..I wasn't keen on that idea when I first heard it. Summoning anything is way over my head....Do you know of anyone who could perform a ritual to look into the torpor'd kindred's dreams?"

"Locally, no," Circe says. "But I know of some of the Goddess' servants in other domains who know such rituals. The closest is one in the Portland area, while the one who is the most skilled dwells near Sedona, Arizona."

Circe thinks for a moment before continuing. "I am glad to do what I can for Prince Clarke, and to help out the Ordo Dracul with this matter. I would be glad to contact one or both of those individuals, and see if they would be willing to accept one of our Acolytes as a guest, and possibly to learn of these rituals, or bring back resources that would allow me to learn of them. But if I were to send someone on this journey, I would hope they might not have to travel alone." She studies Joseph's expression as she says "As you no doubt know, travel can be dangerous for our kind, for any number of reasons."

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cassandra quietly pushed oped the doors to the Crone Temple, Her Raven sitting perched on her shoulder and watching the world pass the Ventrue by. It was time to return her full attention to the Crone, even if her winding plans were for its benefit.

She walked slowly towards the Hierophant, confused why her words didn't match the speed of her lips and move backwards and forwards in time. She tugged at a stray strand of hair and yanked it out, the sudden stab of pain bringing a split second of clarity as time went past as normal. "Hello mother of Monsters." She said to Circe with a slight bow and a quick throw of the hair strands over her shoulder. She straightened up and looked at Joseph with wide, hollow eyes of curiosity. "I don't think I've seen this one before. Or maybe I did..." She wondered, head tilting to the side. It lingered before for it shot back to Circe. "Whats happening?"

"Hello, Cassandra," Circe says, used by now to the sybil's odd ways. "This is Joseph Hartman of the Ordo Dracul. He has come to us seeking assistance with a matter of concern to the Dragons and the Prince. He and I were just discussing something you might be able to help with."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.