Ended
Watch

Awkward Moments

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    L

"Last Laugh..."

Charlie regards Vincent with a hint of curiosity, head cocked slightly to the side. "That's a deed name isn't it? How did you get it?"

Vincent Bailey

PRE

Vincent starts to chuckle, a rich sound that could be either mocking or jovial, depending on whom it was aimed at.

"Well, it was given to me by my Alpha after a battle. I'd like to think its because of my willingness to fight to the last. More than likely its because I can't be serious for more than five minutes." He shoots Charlie a wink and a smile.

s
    stegatops

"Oh, guess I missed it. Sorry about that," he says, relaxing a bit. "That pizza smelled pretty good. I was a bit distracted. Anyway Last Laugh, I'm uninformed around here when it comes to the locals. I just moved to Sacramento."

Joshua stands in a relaxed pose, resting his hands on his shoulder strap and grinning simply toward the two others.

Vincent Bailey

PRE

Vincent isn't sure what to say so he starts with the basics.

"Well, the Anshegaholds most of the city to the north, east and west of the river, claiming the territory as their own patch of dirt. The rest of us, well, we'll see." He swallows the bile that builds up at the thought of those bastards across the city doing their thing to his city.

The fact Last Laugh hadn't seen his Momma in Richardson for months caused him no amount of being pissed off as well as endless phone calls asking if he was coming round for Sunday dinner.

One day, Momma. One day.

L

Charlie looks distinctly uncomfortable as Vincent mentions the Pure. Perhaps bad memories from his past, or discomfort at the thought of the violence that was inevitable with Pure and Forsaken that close together. He certainly seemed to be skittish enough. "Umm...what do you mean we'll see?"

Vincent Bailey

PRE

Kid, don't make me spell it out.

Giving Charlie a sidelong glance, Vincent quickly thinks of a reply.

"No offence, but you can't reveal things about your pack, then what can I do?"

L

"Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were talking about your pack." His eyes dart around slightly, as he seemingly tries to figure out some way to change the subject. In the end, he looks to Joshua. "So umm...where did you come from?"

s
    stegatops

Joshua shudders a bit at the mention of Anshega, but not from fear. He's been around a bit and knows just how far they're willing to push. And he knows just how much the Forsaken want to push back. Not that he'd run from a fight, but the two groups this close is just begging for a war. He'd rather not kill Uratha.

"I've wandered my way around the States. I started down in Texas around Houston, then went north. I guess north turned into west, 'cause here I am. I was following the flows of information, I should have guessed I'd end up in California. Either that or D.C.," he says with a short but genuine grin. Without realizing it, Joshua begins to relax a bit as the conversation turns more and more friendly.

"Sounds fun," Vinny replies honestly as if a distant memory pops up, a time before all this craziness.

"I was born and raised here, and now work as a freelance photojournalist. Actually, that reminds me, I must get some projects finished. Man's gotta eat," he adds with a hearty chuckle.

L

Charlie seems to go from skittish to curious again, funny how he seemed so adept at that, his attention this time focusing on Joshua. "Information lead you here? What kind, I didn't realize this city was talked about so much..."

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last