Bull Rush drew the brands on his forehead, using a mirror to help him get the design right. It wasn't right to do this. Sure, for the minor pieces of renown, it was fine to be a little rude. But this was serious. He was asking the Ithaeulunim for something big here. But he deserved the power, and he had to get it done now, so that he could move on to the next task.
<<Oh Ithaelunim, look with favor on your foolish son. I have walked a great distance to come here, I have done great things in the name of Luna, the Witch. Do not forsake me for my arrogance, do not shame me for my pride. I need your power, I demand it.>>
The lune appeared, stepping out of the mirror, a cowled man weilding a large scythe. He had never seen a lune with a weapon before. It was probably a bad sign.
<<Before you reproach me, great spirit, know that I know my folly. But it is not your place to chide me for arrogance, you are no elunim. You know that arrogance is a trait that rahu and ithaeur share, do not feign surprise by my actions. I have done many deeds of wisdom, some great, some small, and all together, deserving of your respect.>>
Bull rush begins listing the acts of wisdom he had done since arriving in sacramento, the securing of the totem, and how he and his pack had treasured the totem, and all three, under his leadership, ahd given their all to the totem. How he and they had negotiated the train spirit into becoming their engum. How he had helped discover the locus, and the work that his pack had done in restoring it. How he had learned the rite of Funeral to bury the dead. How he had met with the spirit of sacramento, and learned wisdom from him. How he had initiated Chantay and Starseeker into their tribes, and branded renown on to them.
<<For all these things, I ask for your blessing. Oh great and Wise Lune, forgive this wolf his arrogance, and grant him the recognition he deserves.>>

Bull Rush bows his head, and feels the cold weight of the scythe on his neck. Shit shit shit he says to himself, as he feels blood begin to flow as the scythe bites a bit into his flesh.

<<You are Wise, but arrogant. The elunim will hear of this. You are however, worthy. Raise your head.>> Bull Rush raised his head, and looked upon the scythe, as it clicked and rearranged itself into a spirit of a gun of some sort. Futuristic, made with interlocking and shifting parts. Very very cool. Bull Rush felt his gaze drift, and his conciousness faded, as the spirit plunged into his soul, shaping and reworking what it found.

Bull Rush awoke three hours later feeling tired, but invigorated. He stretched, and headed off to work. He was not doing that again. Time to teach Starseeker how to do that.