Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Nighttime Air

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Sable was just starting to watch people around the train station when a strong scent hit her nose. It made her sneeze once, then look around, finding the red haired young man dropping coin into her cup.

"Its not my best today, sir," Sable tells him then picks up the cup and swishes the coins around, checking how much he dropped in.

"Do people buy those smelly things? They smell completely unappetizing to me, so I wouldn't," she says sniffing in his flower's direction.

The man looks to his bouquet and then down to Sable.

"Its a good job I am not selling them then, hmmm?" From this close, Sable can make out the slight point to his ears and the Fairest-mien to his features.

Sable's eyes widen a bit at the realization that he was another Lost and she looks past him in hopes of seeing Giana through the crowd with no luck. She stands up and slinks back from him some. "My singing always attracts unwanted attention up here," she mumbles nervously under her breath. This unknown changeling clearly wanted to use his stinky plants to chase her back into her master's grasp. She looks like she's on the verge of bolting out of the station when she hisses at him in a now more audible tone, "who do you work for?"

The Fairest, sensing Sable's obvious disgust at his bouquet, hides them at his lower back before replying first by shrugging quite innocently and saying, "I work for no-one but myself. How about yourself?"

Sable eases a bit, but still glances at the exits as she says, "fine. I don't work really but they say if you do something you like you'll never work a day in your life so I guess that's why. Right?"

The man seems to roll the sentence over his tongue, tasting them and digesting them before replying.

"Yeeess....I suppose that could be true...but what if you are forced to do something you love? Would you still love it? Or would it simply become an act of false devotion to nothing more than an ideal?"

The man's voice rises slightly by the end of the sentence as a moment of zeal overtakes him.

Sable shakes her head, "I don't think so, I was forced to do my work a lot once and I still enjoyed it just not the company."

"Would you like me to leave you alone?" he asks Sable in a way that seems unbelievable, like no-one has ever said that to him before.

Sable tilts her head at him curiously. She meant she didn't like the company of the ones that force her to sing but she guessed Mr.Flower missed that."No, you don't haf to. What are you doing out here if your not selling those though?"

Simon Oita had come to the train station carrying a small easel and canvas for a similar reason to Sable's but he wasn't looking for dollars and cents, though he did keep a tip jar. It was the feelings of those who viewed his paintings that he had come for, taking the glamour that came from those people as the real payment for his work.

Before he could find a place to set up, however, he noticed two other Lost, and quickly realized he knew one of them.

Walking over he says "Hello, Sable. How are you tonight?"

Looking over at the fairest he gives a very small smile and introduces himself "I'm Simon."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread