Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
Nighttime Air

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Sable smiles widely when she sees Simon approach showing a line of hundreds of tiny razor teeth beyond her scaly lips. "Good," she answers, showing him her Starbucks cup with a layer of jingling coin on the bottom.

The fairest was just about to answer Sable, give her the honest to God truth of his endeavours, a frailty that seemed to hang around his neck like a noose.

Fortunately, another changeling arrived and spared him the dilemma of his actions.

"Good evening, I am Lawrence," Lawrence replies.

Simon nods at Lawrence, a cool breeze blowing in some stray autumn leaves that settle at their feet and fade away slowly. "Do you two know each other?" he asks indicating Sable.

He then looks over at the small Darkling and smiles "I don't see an instrument. Do you sing, Sable?"

Sable shakes her head when asked if she knew the fairest.

"I do indeed," she answers about her business in the train station. "One could say my seeming favors it even," she explains, feeling comfortable enough that their conversation was private despite the busy environment.

Lawrence listens to their conversation but glances over them towards the closest platform as a train pulls into the station. With a frown, he looks back to Simon and Sable.

"No, we have not, although I think I may have seen you both recently at the market, correct?"

"You probably did. We were both there." Simon replies to Lawrence. He seems friendly, just somewhat short spoken.

Looking back to Sable "I drew you a picture. Will you sing for me?" he asks

Sable says, "yup I bought chocolates with a kiss," to Lawrence.

Then when Simon asks her to sing she smiles. Something with Asian influence would be perfect for this changeling she decided.

Setting out her cup and stepping away from the group just enough to be seen by the people walking through and heard by her Lost friends. She didn't actually know Japanese but she picked a song that she had heard many nights outside an Asian food market type store that a lovely little Japanese woman owned. The owner always gave Sable and her homeless friends samples of her amazing cooking and said with her soft bell of a voice that it was "the Japanese way to share with friends."

Sing for Simon (1suxx)

Unfortunately her lack of knowledge with the Japanese language makes the songs not quite as good as her last two performances. She mimics the sounds she remembers from the song but anyone that truly spoke the language would hear it as as much gibberish as the Americans around her probably did. The song however has its beauty as does almost anything sung by the little Darkling Nightsinger.

Lawrence listens politely to Sable's song and it does indeed sound beautiful, a smell of lillies wafting from him in response as he removes a small silk handkerchief and wiping an eye dry.

"Wonderful, very apt," he replies. "Ah, it looks like my date has arrived," Lawrence says, looking towards the train where several people are now departing the platform. "Until next time, Simon, Sable." He gives a final polite smile and heads off towards the oncoming tide of arrivees.

As Lawrence heads off, Simon and Sable carry on their conversation in the Amtrack station as the night passes and it becomes very late.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread