Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Nighttime Air

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Outside the Hallow the sun had finally gone down, Sable could sense it, her body easing even in its sleeping state. It made her wake, curious and restless. She wanted to be crawling the sewer lines looking for tasty treats like small reptiles or discarded food, or listening in on mortal conversations, or singing to the rats. Her and the blanket she had wrapped herself in spilled out of the cupboard where she hid, tumbling across the floor. It took her moment to see straight again, blinking away the dizziness and the bright light until properly adjusted. Joshua's sleepy snores were still coming from the couch near the fire and not wanting to rouse him Sable crept out the door. The corridor where the ticket had led her seemed longer on the way out but she found her way to the train station. First order of business, something to hunt. A soup can, for tips, perhaps the late night passengers would pay to hear a song? She set about looking for something to hold change.

The station, as ever, was busy with commuters moving here and there on such hectic lives. As Sable emerges from the hollow commons, it isn't much time before she finds a discarded Starbucks coffee cup, quite a nice pot for any spare change.

Sable finds a corner to stand where lots of traffic passes her and sets up the cup. After clearing her throat she takes a big breath then starts to sing. Her voice is clear and crisp, it travels well pretty well but it has to contend with the noise in the station. The song she chose is Blowin' in the Wind, something she felt everyone would know.

Singing

Sable's voice drifts around the part of the station she has taken to sing from and more than a few passing commuters drop change in her cup, the beautiful sound making their day that little bit more bearable.

Finishing her song, Sable can see Gianna the ticket-lady sitting on a bench nearby, who is smiling gently at the culmination of her performance.

Sable picks up the cup and cuts through the crowd to sit next to Giana. Jangling her change she notices it smells a little like soured steamed milk and wrinkles her nose.

"Didn't think you'd still be here or I might have stayed inside," she admits with a little guilt in her voice.

Gianna shuffles along as Sable sits, and looks surprised.

"Inside? On such a beautiful day. Even if you never leave the station, just look at all these good folk to observe and play with," the spectacled ticketer said, indicating the commuters rushing past.

"Night," Sable corrects with a smile, looking relieved that she's not in trouble for sneaking out and calling attention to herself. She nods her head at what Giana says.

"Hard to think about where they all go after their train ride," she says in a sort of absent minded way.

"Can you sing? It always sounds better with two people."

Gianna looks up to the ceiling of the station and closes her eyes. After a brief, fleeting moment, she smiles and opens them again.

"So it is....how quickly another day has gone, poof, just like that."

Gianna then looks directly at Sable, eyes sparkling.

"I do not, young Sable, but you carry on. I'll watch over you; both of you," she corrects herself.

Sable shrugs and slides off the bench, "I like it when the day goes poof personally. I think I'll have enough for a couple sodas after this one.. I'll bring one back if you'll still be here, ok?"

After that she empties the cup's change into her pocket and finds another space to set up in where traffic seems to flow by. Empty change buckets always seemed to get more donations. She sets the cup down in front of her and sat on the ground cross-legged trying to think of another popular song.

All she came up with was Landslide. Though, she didn't think it sounded quite right without a southern twang in her accent and thought the song's lyrics probably sounded strange coming from someone who appeared so young.

Sing 2suxx Again

"You have a wonderful voice." The young man that remarks to Sable has flame red hair, vibrant green eyes and carries a large bouqet of flowers with a distinct smell of lilies emanating from him. He drops a few coins into her pot.

Lawrence

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread