Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Catching up over Coffee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Sally Romanov

Sally sits in a booth in the coffee shop. In front of her is a cup of coffee and a side of wheat toast. She looked very satisfied as she munched away on a piece of toast. She looked over her Journal and read through the entry about Joseph. He was a good man and hopefully he would listen to her proposal.

Sally had read her tarot before coming but it wasn't very helpful. She checked her watch and Joseph was indeed a little late...

Quickly trotting down the sidewalk, Long Fang spotted the coffee shop across the street and started crossing. A car narrowly missed him as he stepped into the street, the wind it stirred shifting his open jacket. Calmly he continued onward, not looking at the oncoming traffic. He was already on the sidewalk a good three seconds before a car swept over he had been standing. It wasn’t a common practice of his, playing chicken, but occasionally he just felt it was safe to do something. So far it hadn’t come back to bite him in the ass but he knew that one day it might. “Not today though,” he thought, a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. He hurried down the last block and entered the shop.

The door jingled shut behind him as he walked in, looking around. Thankfully he had bathed and recently gotten new clothes or else he might have been driven out of the shop. As it was, though, he ordered a cup of Joe, black, at the counter and walked over to Sally’s booth. He slid in with a smile, giving her a nod of greeting.

“Afternoon.”

S
    Sally Romanov

Sally stands and greets Joe, "Hello Love, So good to see you..." Sally says and gives him a polite, and very european, kiss on the cheek. Sally sits back down and gestures for him to join her. "So how are things in Howler land" Sally asks first checking to see if there was anybody within ear shot. Thankfully there was not so they could talk privately. "What is with the disappearing servers at all these Diners." She thought to herself...

Now sitting, Joe took a sip of coffee before answering. Man, I haven't had a good cup of coffee in a long time... Shit! That's why I haven't. Wincing suddenly, he set the cup down. "Damn it..." he swore softly,pushing the cup off to the side. "I can't believe I forgot. One important note, Sally: Caffeine and wolves don't mix well. I wouldn't recommend...ah, putting on a fur coat for the rest of today. When I was first traveling about in Idaho, I had to get up a lot earlier than I had been used to in order to cover enough ground by the end of the day. One day I found myself by a diner and rushed in to get caffeine hyped before setting off. Later when I changed and started traveling I felt the affects of caffeine with fur. Felt like I was going to die. Anyways, a small amount won't kill you, but all the same it's good to remember that. Unlike what I just did," he said, with a wolfish grin.

“Right, well, things have been good although very quiet. Soon it will become someone else’s area, though. Alison Yates, the young blonde Uratha the Lune spoke to, recently took charge of her Pack. James will likely join as will a few others so I assume they’ll get the area. It’s not empty by any means, don’t get me wrong, but it will transfer hands soon.” He smiles again before continuing, “although I'm speaking to you in confidence about this.”

S
    Sally Romanov

Sally just held up her cup and said, "Decaf" and winked.

She listened to the rest of what was said and shook her head a bit. "I haven't talked to any of the others since the gathering. So were brought into her family? Or are you still running solo?" Sally asked politely over her coffee cup.

Joseph sighed, once, still grinning. "Well, I suppose that's why you're known for your Wisdom. Although Decaf drinks can never truly be called "coffee". I suppose I'll stick with water...Ah, but no, Alison hasn't brought anyone into her family. She's talking to them about the gathering and then is going to allow some of us from the Gathering the chance to run with them for a time, see if there is a fit. Honestly, though, I don't think I'll fit with them. No particular reason why but that's what I generally sense about the whole thing. So for now I'm still a solo act."

S
    Sally Romanov

"What is James doing? Is he still trying to start his own family?" Sally asked as she drank her coffee. "And what are you plans?"

He looked around for the waitress for a moment before turning back to Sally. Seriously, where's the service around here? If I don't see someone in another five minutes I'm going to be worried. "I haven't talked to James in a while actually. The last I saw of him he was offering a few of the People a place to stay until they get on their feet. He's also waiting to hear back from Alison, unless he already has, that is...The night of the Gathering, I showed up late brining another nomad with me. It seems that James fought twice for dominance before I got there. Once was against a traveling elder who wasn't quite sane. James won. The second time he lost to Kari, who follows Alison. I think losing managed to knock a bit of bravado out of him and he's seeing with more clarity now, despite being a bit rattled. Keep in mind that was the last time I saw him, though. I suppose we could always give him a call..."

S
    Sally Romanov

"No I am not here to talk to him. I am here to talk to you. I have a confession, I have been accepted into a family here in town. We are called the Shadow Seekers. My leader, Matthew, expressed some interest in adding members. So I thought of you. How would you like to meet Matthew. Maybe run with us for a bit and see if you fit in." Sally dropped the question now to see his response...

Nodding he slipped his jacket off before glancing around once more. "Well that is a grave confession," he replied in a joking manner before becoming serious. "I do expect you'll keep what I told you in confidence." It came out as a statement, not a question, and he let it hang in the air before speaking again. "But that is good to hear," he said sincerely. "I'm glad you found a family here. I don't know what happened between you and James but its good that whatever it is, it's in the past now...I'm honored that you thought of me even though we hardly know eachother. Thank you."

He wasn't really sure what else to say so he stayed quiet. He wished that he had something to drink so he could cover up his silence. Where were those servers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.