Home of the Neidan

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh had begun to toss vegetables into a pot and suddenly stops and looks at West. "We- what? Where on earth would you get an idea like that from West?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus suppresses a chuckle at West's nudist colony comment. But it was an acceptance. That was what mattered. And there was no question of being able to trust West or Ankh. He grins brightly. "Of course I'd like to join you."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh looks at Animus with a smile of relief on her face. "Oh good."

She puts a lot of butter into the pot with the vegetables and begins to stir. As the heat starts to melt the butter Ankh starts to toss in various spices and herbs. She looks up at Animus with a frown suddenly. "You don't have a thing for chinese food do you?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus looks a bit puzzled. "Why Chinese? Something to do with Kai? I'm really not particular about what I eat. As long as it tastes good. I doubt I'll find anything to complain about in your cooking." Game he brought down himself was a rare treat, but he doubted now was the time to mention that.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh smiles and glances at West. "Kai had a thing for chinese food. West isn't big on chinese food."

She finishes the vegetables and turns off the burner then opens the oven to pull out some baked potatoes. She puts them on the stove next to the pot and then stands by the rotisserie to check on the meat.

"Do you know of anyone else trustworthy that might be willing to join us as well? I don't have an issue with three or anything but......I'd kind of like to have some security. Especially if half of what Spade said at the meeting is true."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus considers for a moment. "Tug and Falx maybe?" He grins. "That is, if West can stand being around all three of us." He thinks for a bit longer, then sighs, shaking his head. "So few of the people I know have stuck around, I just can't really think of anyone else."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods her understanding as she begins to remove the roast. "I was considering them myself, but I was not sure how the two of you felt about them."

She smiles at Animus' comment and shakes her head. "As long as I am the only one West wants to actually see naked, I'm fine. If that changes, then we need to have a serious discussion."

With the roast safely on a plate, Ankh picks up the dishes off the table and starts carving the meat. "I know Falx better then I know Tug, although both of them seem very......young to me. Not that I can talk really. I am sure West could tell you a ton of stories about my little temper tantrums at the beginning."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West silently continues to set the table with condiments, including a restaurant-sized bottle of Tabasco, which he is more than willing to douse anything with.

He shook his head vehemently as the subject turned to seeing people naked other than Ankh, and his brow furrowed as Tug and Falx were mentioned.

It was clear he wasn't wild about the thought, although he didn't comment.

"She's still... ummm...," he began, then stopped, after Ankh commented on herself.

"We have a pool," he offered instead.

It seemed a worthy sacrifice to lay on the altar of Foot In Mouth.
    Nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus looks about to say something when his phone vibrates. He reads it through several times, a growing look of confusion on his face. Finally he notices the SOS and everything falls into place. And then he notices the other text and his face goes pale. "They got Falx. And the group investigating the bridge is running into trouble. Looks like lunch is going to have to be quick."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh puts the plates on the table and stares at West. We have a pool?

At Animus' statement she nods. "All right it's finished, scarf and then we'll head out." She sits down and shovels it in.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread