Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Looking for Lyle

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Marcus drives the Jeep away from Treasured with Duncan and John in tow, heading towards the address given by the bastard Bloodnose.

On route, they stop for some fuel, which the Snowskin is less than happy about.

"Come on man! My boy's life is at stake!"

Marcus Evan

PRE

"Yes, and we won't get there any faster if we run out of petrol and have to walk the rest of the way, now will we? Besides, he's been there for a while... the poor lad might be starving and dehydrated. Duncan, I need you to try to stay calm if we're going to get him back safe and sound."

Marcus pulls a few bills from his wallet and hands them to Duncan.

"We'll get out of here a lot faster if you pay for the fuel, buy a can of chicken soup, two bottles of water, some Gatorade, a PowerBar, and a stick of beef jerkey."

Getting out of his vehicle, he pumps a few gallons into the tank, feeling a bit empty and angry on the inside after dealing with Duncan. Sizing up the poor sod at the next pump, Marcus decides to share some of his Wrath.

"Did you hear they're raising prices again this weekend? Pretty soon, none of us will be able to afford to drive anywhere."

Weak

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John took a deep breath and started massaging his temples. "If you keep rushing forward blindly, your only going to get yourself killed. Does your son want that?" He said.

Duncan stays quiet at being berated by first Marcus and then John. Snatching the money he heads inside to pay, waiting for Marcus to finish, who is having trouble harvesting anything.

"So long as people keep driving gas-guzzlers, what do you expect," the man says as he fills his Prius.

He must be a tree hugger in a former life.

Marcus looks at his old beater of a Jeep and slowly turns to stare the man down, giving him The Face. It is his 'game face' from rugby. You don't want The Face looking in your direction. Trust me. You just don't.

"And what exactly do you mean by that... mate?"

The Metalflesh continues to eye the chump until Duncan returns. Getting into his Jeep, he stifles a grin as he pulls back onto the road.

Now, that's a bit better...

Answering his phone, he holds it between his ear and shoulder as he drives.

"Heya Fu... Good to hear, just don't move in until we get there... See you."

Informing his passengers that Fu would be joining them, Marcus continues to drive toward their destination as he ignores the sinking feeling growing in his gut.

Maybe I'm just getting hungry... Damn, but doesn't that jerkey looks good.

The Face

The man gulps and stutters but doesn't respond as Marcus gets in his Jeep as Duncan jogs from the shop. Driving away, the Prius driver looks more than relieved.

The address lies about 20 minutes away in an area of the city not exactly teeming with possibilities with many abandoned houses in a slow state of decay. Turning into the actual street given by Bloodnose, the house is still 60 metres away.

Fu can make an entrance now

Fu
    Fu

PRE

The gang see Fu walking down the sidewalk towards the house. His head on a swivel he cracks his knuckles as he walks.

Slowing down, Marcus pulls his Jeep over and parks about 100 feet from the house. Putting the gas station bounty into his rucksack, he gets out of the vehicle, joining Fu on the sidewalk. When everyone has joined him, he addresses the group.

"Now Boys, let's not forget that we don't know exactly what we're walking into here. Mason might have accomplices... He might have left some of those bloody spiders... Hell, the Ear might be in that house, for all we know. We're going to do this nice and easy. Nobody gets hurt, especially not Lyle."

Marcus tries to give what he hopes is a reassuring look to Duncan.

"Right, I say we sneak around back and look for a way in... Once inside, Duncan and I will search for the boy while John and Fu take care of any trouble we might find. Sound good?"

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John stayed mostly silent as the trip went on. All he did was play though scenario after scenario in his mind. They knew very little about what to expect. Levels of reisitance, so many varitables. Any one of them could be injured or worse if they made a mistake.

He did have to admit, he admired Duncans dedication.

When they arrived, he was relifed that Marcus had put some though into stratagy. The apperence of Fu further helped John calm down and focus. "You geared up in case you run into trouble first Marcus? If you are, I don't see much wrong with this plan."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu frowns and says "The Ear?" at the same time. Nice and Easy was boring, up the middle and hard was fun. But this was Duncan's kid...

This is why we have thinkers.

"I'm good with that." comes the rough reply.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread