Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

To Find the Wyrm's Path

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L

Tonight was one that could very well be a milestone, a turning point in the endless nights of his Requiem. Perhaps the most important important night of his existence since his embrace, the one whose implications would be the most permanent. Wilhelm looked at the building in front of him, the Chapter House of the Ordo Dracul. If all went well this was the night he would join a Covenant. And with that thought in mind Wilhelm strode to the entrance of the building, knocking firmly upon its doors.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Nosferatu Curse: Icy chill
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

It does not take long for the door to be answered. Shadow stands framed in the doorway her beauty radiating with the chill of her Nosferatu heritage. She gives him a warm smile.

"Good evening, how may I help you?"

L

The chill radiating off of Shadow was the first thing to strike Wilhelm, noticeable as the door cracked open and even before he could see the woman herself. He returned her smile, though his was perhaps a bit more of a polite than a natural one, and offered a nod of respect. "Oracle Shadow, greetings. I was hoping to speak with you about joining the Ordo Dracul."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow raises her eyebrows in surprise but steps aside and motions for him to enter. "Indeed, please come in."

As Wilhelm steps inside, he stands in a large foyer. There are a few doors here and there, all closed and a long hallway leading from the room. Shadow closes the front door and motions for him to follow her. She goes through the second door on the left and Wilhelm finds himself in a warm library. Most of the furnashing, flooring, and wall-panneling are of a dark wood. The place looks to have been decorated by a man, a very distinguished man.

Shadow points to a comfortable looking leather chair before sitting in an identical one across from it. "Please, tell me what it is that brings you to wish to join us?"

L

Wilhelm's eyes flicker to Shadow's features quickly, noting the surprise present as he follows her into the Chapter House and its library. He refrained from his usual practice of noting all the exits and entrances as he moved through the building, no need to risk making a bad impression tonight of all nights. He settled into the chair as Shadow indicated it, absently noting the sharp contrast between the room's warmth and Shadow's chill.

"Many things, actually. A lot of consideration has to be given to a decision as important as this. The Ordo provides a stable structure in which a Vampire can spend his Requiem, and is concerned with more than just influence and power. In that manner it separates itself from the Invictus and, especially, the Carthians. It is also a Covenant in which Kindred take full responsibility for what they have, and will, become. Not simply saying that it is all in accordance with some divine will or plan like the Circle and and the Lancea. The unique position afforded to it by those two factors certainly holds an allure."

"Perhaps most importantly though, it is the Covenant that does not merely accept what they have become and the weaknesses inherent to the Vampiric condition. Your Covenant provides Vampires with the opportunity to grow, change, to become more than what they are. Vampires know more than anyone that we all have our own demons that we must strive to overcome, and it is the Ordo Dracul that provides them with an opportunity to do so. An opportunity I would like to have. And it is for these reasons that I petition you for membership."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

The surprise on Shadow's face remains as she listens to Wilhelm's reasoning. She agrees with his sentiment and it is obvious he has put thought into this decision.

"You have put a lot of thought into this." She says quietly, nodding. "All right. With an answer like that I can hardly say no as you have hit on the most basic tenents of what we stand for. However, it is up to all of the Dracul and not just me. While I am standing as the head of the Ordo right now, it is still a decision to be made by the whole."

She leans back in her chair and considers Wilhelm for a long moment. She does not know the man well personally but she has heard good things of him from others. He also seems capable and intelligent. "I do not think anyone will disagree with my recommendation though. You should know that to join does require a complete dedication to the persuit of change, positive, productive change, It is up to the kindred in how that change is brought about. But it is expected that at least a small part of every night must be spent in the study of this change."

L

Wilhelm nods slightly. "I have, yes. Like I said, a decision such as this is not to be made lightly. Perhaps the most important one a Vampire can make in his Requiem. And it is certainly one I would not have made were I not prepared to dedicate myself to the Ordo Dracul and the goals that it represents."

He sits back in his chair, mildly surprised that it was necessary for her to consult the Covenant as a whole about his membership. "You must speak to the entire Covenant to admit a new member, is it a vote? And may I ask how long I will have to wait for a definitive answer?"

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow shifts in her chair. "It is not a vote as such. However you may have to work with some of the covenent memebers to achieve the goals you have in mind. It helps if there are no lingering desputes between old and new members. It also helps to keep desputes to a minimum if the other covenent memebers feel they have a say in who becomes a Dragon."

She did not want to tell him that some members might also have information on him that she did not. Something that could perhaps hamper his admission. She suspects that he might already know this however.

"We are not the Invictus in that my word is law, but we are not the Carthians in that it is a fair vote either. However I feel you will not have any opposition with your petition, so you will know soon enough. What it is you were hoping to study first?"

L

"Ahh...so it is to ensure that an admittance will not cause unnecessary friction within the Covenant. A sensible precaution. And I certainly hope that things go as smoothly as you anticipate." When Shadow asked about studies he did let his gaze wander briefly, eyes taking in the numerous tomes in the room with him. He could only guess as to the knowledge contained within them. "As for what I would study, I anticipate my efforts to be primarily directed towards quelling the beast." And seeing if that cannot help me overcome the Iltanis' burden as well. "And, to a lesser extent, lessening my dependency upon blood."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow smiles abd brings her arm up to encompass the room. "There are some things in here that may assist you with that, but most of those techniques are learned through self-discipline."

She gives him a once over and nods to herself. "Somehow I do not feel you are lacking in that area either. A few of us may be able to help you learn, but you will find that your self-discipline is your greatest tool."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread