Dog Lovers Unite

William & Albert Baker
May 6, 2022 - May 28, 2022
(2205) What's up, your Eminence ?
May 6, 2022 - May 30, 2022
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Steven

Elanah sat in front of her kitchen table and looked out the back door, staring out the glass to the beast that roamed her back yard. The light was on and she saw that Ash was about a quarter of the way through the rawhide bone she bought. "Guess he is taking his time." Elanah went over and took a book off her shelf and began to read. What book? The Art of War of course.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Hopping off the bus, she began making her way in the direction the driver had instructed her to. It was rather difficult finding a new location when one couldn't see, but the good thing was that once she had been somewhere she had no problem remembering it or how to get there.

Dirge approached the house carefully with her cane tapping before her. She wore an old worn out and clean, but stained pair of jeans, along with a hole filled t-shirt, and an old worn through flannel shirt as a jacket. Lastly, like always, she wore a black cloth blindfold tied tightly over her eyes. With Cerberus panting softly at her side she knocked on the woman's door when she reached it.

While she waited her enhanced hearing strained to hear the sounds of the neighborhood at night. Streetlamps buzzed nearby and she the sound of distant traffic could be heard. From the sound of things there was someone home inside.

S
    Steven

Elanah hears the knock at the door and gets up, setting her book down on the coffee table and picking up a well weighted thrower. Ash starts barking his head off and Elanah just shakes her head, so much for stealth...

Elanah walks over and looks through the peep hole. She feels the beast through the door and takes a deep breath, pushing down the feeling of dread within herself. As the door opens she says, "Hello, You must be Dirge..."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

When Elanah opened the door Cerberus let out a deep throaty growl and bared his teeth at her, but he took no further action. Dirge jerked back on his harness. "Shhh, quite boy. She is ok." After her chastisement the dog ceased his growling and went back to his quiet good behavior, however, his eyes were fixed intently on Elanah.

"Evening, sorry about that," Dirge said politely. "I am Dirge. I take it that makes you Miss Utzel?" She moved her head and faced downward at her companion before she continued, "...and this little guy is Cerberus. I should have explained to him earlier that you were kin. He gets that way around strange kin he doesn't know very well. But, he won't hurt you unless you try to attack or unless I tell him to, so don't worry."

S
    Steven

"Do not worry I understand, actually thats part of the reason I asked you here. But first come in and make yourself at home." Elanah stepped aside and let Cerberus guide Dirge in. Ash was still barking outside and Elanah had a look on her face of frustration. The tone of her voice also betrayed hints of that frustration.

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge nodded and let Cerberus lead her in. She snapped her fingers over Cerberus' head and he looked up at her as she looked down. "Find me a seat boy." The German Shepherd lead her over to one of the chairs in the room and Dirge sat down with the dog laying down quietly at her feet. He rested his head on his paws, while his eyes stayed on Elanah.

Dirge had noticed the barking coming from outside, in fact it occupied quite the prominent place in her enhanced hearing. Even with the noise her head tracked Elanah's movements, if Elanah chose to move that is, as she spoke to the woman, "So what exactly are you looking for? How much experience do you have with dogs? Are you looking to gain skill with animal husbandry or control through the powers of our blood?"

S
    Steven

Once everyone was settled Elanah went over to a chair and sat down. "I have little experience with dogs since becoming kindred. This one, Ash as I have come to call him, is nearly bipolar when it comes to me. One Minute he is my beloved companion and the next I am his mortal enemy. Hound Malevich was helping me master the powers of my blood but I failed. I need to understand animals more before I can learn to control. And that is where I was hoping you could help me. If your willing."

S
    Steven

Elanah's phone rings she looks at it, "Well speak of the devil. Excuse me please." She gets up and walks down the steps into the basement. "Hello"

S
    Steven

Elanah comes back upstairs and notices that Ash has stopped barking... finally. "I am sorry about that." She sits, "Where were we?"

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge listened and thought over what the woman said while she excused herself. When Elanah came back she found Dirge sitting quietly petting Cerberus and she appeared to be patently waiting.

"We were discussing your level of experience with Dogs," Dirge said helpfully before she continued, "It is not surprising that you have not had contact with dogs since the embrace. Animals have an instinctive hatred of or warriness around our kind. This needs to be overcome before progress can be made. Take Cerberus for example. Part of the reason he is so mild is because he had extensive training as a seeing eye dog before i picked him up. He also is my ghoul. Ghouling animals helps create a bond between you that can assist in training, just like with humans."

"I can try talking with Ash and hopefully get him to understand and respect you, but you will need to work with him too. Do things together that help you bond, make sure you feed him and spend time around him so he can get used to having you there."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.