Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Legate and the Oil-Girl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

As Rick steps through, he finds himself in a plush apartment. The walls have been smoothed with cream paste and some old-style furniture is well-spaced. The first thing that affronts Rick is the sound of music coming from a gramophone, that dulcet tones of Elvis in his prime, Jailhouse Rock blaring. A few doors lead off from the main room. There is no sign of Emma.

L

Rick moved to the center of the room, stopping there for now. There was no need to wander through the apartment and scare the poor girl just yet. Or end up unlucky enough to stumble into a considerably more awkward situation. So he raised his voice slightly, to a point where it should be heard over the gramophone and carry throughout the room. "Emma, are you here?"

A girl steps out from one of the doors, no doubt to at the sound of Rick's voice. Her blonde hair is damp and streaked with dirty oil and she has a towel wrapped around her, indicating she has just been bathing.

She looks petrified and is brandishing a pink loafer like a club.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET IN?" Emma screams at Rick.

L

Rick held his hands up placatingly, keeping his eyes carefully on Emma's face. The situation would only get worse if Emma thought he was checking her out, and he just knew that if she thought he was doing that word would get back to Terri somehow. "I am Rick Pereg, The Legate of Mists, voice of the Autumn Court of this Freehold." The intensity of his mantle increased ever so slightly as he spoke, particular when he spoke of his Court and position. "The King of my Season, Horace Albert Liebowitz sent me to speak with you." His voice softened, compassion leaking into it. "There is...something I have to tell you. You should probably get dressed first."

Emma doesn't lower the loafer but something Rick says has an effect.

"Liebowitz? You mean HAL, right?" she replies, voice lowering but still on edge. Rick notices that her exposed skin is starting to get covered with an oily sheen.

L

"Yes, I'm talking about HAL." He tokes note of the oil accumulating on her skin, but is careful not to mention or react to it. Perhaps it was mere coincidence that he arrived while Emma was taking a bath. Or perhaps she continuously tried to wash away the memories of what had happened to her. Regardless, it was best to avoid bringing up potentially painful memories at a time like this. His eyes flickered briefly to the loofah held in her hand. "I'm here as a friend, Emma, not to hurt you."

Emma thinks for a moment before lowering the quite ridculous weapon.

"Okay."

She then realizes she is only wearing a towel and blushes furiously, the sheen on her cheeks changing hue.

"Mind if I change first?"

L

I suggested that she do that when she first stepped into the room... But at least it didn't look like she was about to attack him anymore. Even if her choice of attack did seem to be...ineffectual.

"Of course not, I'll wait out here for you."

Emma nods and shuffles through another door, holding the towel tight, already beginning to stain and slipping down. After a few minutes, she steps out wearing a pair of black jogging pants and a black hoody, hair tied up in a pony tail. She moves towards the furniture and takes a seat int he chair, sliding her legs under her.

"So, I'm still intrigued how you found me, let alone how you got in."

L

Rick remains standing, for now. "Harry told HAL that he left you with Gianna. And HAL gave me a ticket that got me in here. This is a communal area for the entire Freehold, I was told, not just a place used b the Summer Court. It's just that it hasn't been used much yet, the Sovereigns have been keeping it under wraps."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread