Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The coming of a new decade did not bring the same joyous hope and celebration to Ith Lazarus that it did to others. Ever since the worm-beast encounter within his Haven, the Doctor did not feel the same sense of security that he had become accustomed to throughout his requiem inside Amber Hills Asylum. Upon waking for the evening the Warden ventured outward from his home; his pager turned on in case Harold were to report an incident.

A long needed vacation, I suppose...

Lazarus' parked his car alongside the curb down in Sacramento's rack district. From behind his mask he gazed through the vehicle's tinted windows down the street. The outside was a foreign place to Ith and the ever so subtle uncomfort began to set in, it seemed almost akin to the fearful knowledge that hostile beings in Twilight could pass into his Haven.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." The Doctor muttered to himself as he exited his car and closed/locked the door behind him.

I will walk and see where the evening takes me.

Such an act was out of the Warden's usual habits, and such was apparent by his choosing to remained dressed in his infamous attire. He cared little though, for now all Ith Lazarus wanted was a breath of fresh air and a moment away from his worries.

A
    Adolph Edel

Fresh from dining upon a fascinating, prophetical, drunken man. Adolph strolled down the streets of the rack. With the booze clouding his better judgment he had decided upon an "Adventure Walk" to see where life would take him. Maybe he'd meet someone in need of biblical help?

He had not gotten far when he noticed something amiss with the normal street environment. The usual glares from the upper apartment buildings had turned down the road. Adolph stopped and sniffed the air deeply.. "Medicine?...man that reminds me.."... "What the hell is that..oh shit..its the good doctor!"

Adolph made his way down the road with a large smile on his face. He remembered that guy...doctor guy!..Lazer-eyes.

Stopping about 30 feet away Adolph raised his hand "Hey Neighbor!" he shouted, making his way down towards Lazerus. Hands at his side, obviously unarmed and showing no outward agression.

Without turning around the Doctor knew he had heard that voice somewhere before; it was a faint memory and he could not put a clear face or a name to it.

The man who accompanied Deputy Konstantin when depositing the torso...

Dr. Lazarus stopped walking but did not turn around. He could feel the man's beast and it seemed as strong as his would be. The Warden considered what a risk the fool took by approaching so rapidly; frenzy would have resulted in the end of a requiem.

Still not facing the man, and calming the inner beast, Lazarus let out a long raspy hiss before speaking. "Your name, tell me it."

A
    Adolph Edel

Adolph smiled "Adolph Edel." he took another strong wiff of that medicinal odor Lazarus permeated. "You're the Good Doctor Lazerus right? I just was out for a good late night romp around town when I smelled that odor..Its kinda comforting you know! Reminds me of my mom making me drink cough syrup..or that time I broke my leg on my bicycle and I was swabbed up with antisceptic."

His eyes turn and look around the street again. He was a bit drunk, a bit stupid, but he was a Gangrel and this was where he lived..he was used to the environment and it just felt off. No loud bass playing, no distant yelling. It was quiet. Maybe it was just the Doctor. He hoped thats all it was.

At least he can follow orders.

Someone straightforward as Adolph Edel did not come about too frequently, and being so open about Ith's Nosferatu curse was something that did not please the Doctor. Behind the expressionless mask, flayed lips curled back in an irritated grimace.

"There are worse medicines than cough-syrup, I assure you." His voice was nothing more than a faint raspy hiss muffled by the expressionless mask on his face. Mr. Edel was a lucky man, not many people have been gifted with this much social conversation from Ith Lazarus.

A
    Adolph Edel

Lazarus's hissing reminded Adolph of a serpent. In fact...his mind swam for a moment..Oily, slick, musky...thats Lazerus. I bet he can shoot venom too from that creepy mask!

Adolph grunted and ran his dirty fingers through his beard a moment. he smiled again "Hey Doctor, I meant no offense to the smell. I like the way you smell brother!"

That sense of foreboding came up again. Maybe it was the primal part of him..telling him to shut up and go away. Maybe it was the street. His head swiveled down the road again to make sure. Maybe the booze? Maybe this guy..the doctor..

"But yeah man! You wanna go grab some beer? Theres a guy and his buddy passed out around the corner bout a quarter mile. Must have gotten some of that Potato-Juice in em."

Potato juice? He is a simple man, most likely a drunkard in his living days.

Ith considered turning on his heightened senses to see if he could smell Adolph's breath to confirm his suspicion, but better judgment stopped him from doing so. The Doctor had nowhere else to be this evening; his schedule had been cleared and Wilson was covering his shift.

Watching an ignorant brute kill a drunken fool sounds entertaining.

"Yes, I will observe." The reply was not enthusiastic.

A
    Adolph Edel

Adolph sets off back the way he came. He walks with greater confidence as he passes..what seems to be an invisible line. The line marking what he considers "his home".

He passes by a red bricked, older apartment building and unplugs a black marker from his pocket, drawing a line along the brick about 5 feet long before capping his pen and continuing. Its not long before he arrived where he had wanted to take Lazarus.

There, collapsed one over the over were two portrait perfect homeless drunks. Dressed in thick, mismatched coats and reeking of alcohol. Adolph admired their rosy cheeks and rasping breath. They smelled like a urine soaked couch. But the blood tasted all the same to him. He looked over to Lazarus to make sure he had arrived as well.

((OOC: Not sure if it's alright to roll with finding the two homeless guys there, but assuming it's alright with the STs -- I'll post. If it's not alright, then consider this post useless. lol))

Lazarus did indeed follow Adolph, although at a much slower speed. The Warden preferred to walk slowly and observe everything around him as he went; it was more out of nervous caution from being outside his Asylum than anything else. Still, the Doctor slowly followed the brute -- his hunched over pace eventually leading him to where Mr. Edel stopped.

It is not surprising this man knows where to find filth.

"This is what you feed from?"
    Lazarus said disapprovingly, gesturing to the homeless bums.

Truth be told, Lazarus was not one to talk. On more than one occasion he had fed from the lowest and most depraved inmates of Amber Hill. Blinded by his pride, however, this thought never crossed his mind.

Let's wait a bit and see if one of the ST's have anything to add before we continue.

Go ahead and continue. For future reference, though, it would be good to PM the STs when one is looking for something or someone (a type of prey, etc.) within an open scene, or ask in-scene in an occ note whether such is around.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread