And here he was, the Dhaka Hotel. A bit of an odd name in his opinion, considering that it was owned by a 19th Century Italian Noble. But that was a mere curiosity, hardly important at the moment. It was the owner herself that was important for now. Deputy Regina Pia of the Invictus; who wished to speak with him about covenant affiliations, who had for some time. But their schedules had not cooperated enough for that meeting to occur, until now. So he entered the Lobby of the hotel and looked around, hopefully he'd be able to either spot Deputy Pia herself or someone who could direct him to her.

Regina was not interested in showcasing her labrynthine maze of ghouls and herd that he would have to navigate to reach her. He was a proper noble, and while it would be within reason to have one of her ghouls announce him, she decides for a more personal touch. Wilhelm sees the Lady herself sitting in the Lobby, reading over some papers. She glances up at his entrance, "Wilhelm Von Schusten, a pleasure to see you. Please, follow me." She and he entered the elevator up to the third floor, and then entered the Iron room. There were several other rooms, all named after various metals. Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Brozne, and Iron on this floor

She opens the doors and gestures inside. It is a training room, with several cases of wooden swords along one wall, and on the opposite wall, hanging on the wall, is a khatar. there are two chairs and a small table between them, as well as a man standing a little off to the side. "can I offer you a refreshment?"

Wilhelm followed Regina as she leads him through the hotel. His gaze ever roving through the building; noting rooms, entryways, and most importantly exit routes. Some habits died hard after all, especially those that had preserved one's Requiem on several occasions. He smiled, briefly, in appreciation as he entered the room and deduced its intended purpose easily enough. Not that the presence of such a room surprised him much, considering what he had seen of her in that strange dream months back. He paused slightly, at her offer, considering his options. And ultimately decided that he already had quite a bit of vitae available to him. "Your generous offer is certainly appreciated, but I made certain to come well-sated. And I have already enjoyed the generosity of your organization, and by extension your generosity as well, at our latest meeting."

"I am pleased to hear that our generosity was appreciated." She waves a hand and sismissed the man, who looks sad for a moment, before leaving. "Please, Priscus Von Schusten, have a seat. I would like to know more about you."

She sits as well

Wilhelm takes a seat in the chair opposite the table from Regina, finding mannerisms he had been raised with a lifetime ago rising back to the forefront of his awareness due to the present situation and company. "Is there anything in particular you seek to learn, Deputy Pia?"

"I had hoped to learn more about your history. You are nobility, this i have deduced. But I am not sure about more."

"I see. Well, I was born to a noble family in one of the numerous states that would eventually become modern Germany. My birth was during the 1850's, so much of my mortal life was embroiled in the wars of the period that eventually united them." As his mind drifted back to his mortal days, and the events that accompanied them, he felt the anger inherent in his blood began rising once more. But he fought it back with the ease of long practice, not letting it creep into his voice or mannerisms.

"Towards the end of the war my family was toppled by foolish citizens and their deluded ideals. It could have lead me down a dark road, but it was not long after that my Sire found me and took me under her tutelage. Shortly after my mortal life ended as my Requiem began."

"I understand entirely. My father's rule was overthrown as well." "Tell me, how did you interact with your subjects, before the words of fools corrupted them?"

"My interaction was typical of the region and era. They saw me, and could recognize me, but did not know me outside of official functions they might happen to be present for. And they were treated fairly by my family." He shrugged, "But mortal minds are always obsessed with progress, and the time eventually came where they felt the current system of relatively small nations was outdated. So they wished to consolidate into the larger nations more prevalent in Europe at the time." He opted to keep what he thought of that decision to himself, for now at least.

"I see. But what did you feel about them, your people?"

"They were our subjects. We extended to them a measure of protection, resolved disputes amongst them when necessary, allowed them the use of our land. In turn they helped support us through taxes and tithes. A business arrangement if you will, as it would likely be referred to in today's world. My feelings towards them were much the same as an average noble towards his subjects, I would assume. As a modern day CEO views his employees. Their service was appreciated, but also expected of them."

"I see. Very good."
"What do you know of the Invictus?"

"I know that they are a group that seeks power, in numerous forms, and that they are adept at obtaining it. Their system of governance, as I have been lead to believe, is not terribly unlike some of the systems formerly used by the Kine. A system of centralized power, as opposed to the Democracy that seems so common amongst the nations of the modern world. I do not possess much specific knowledge about them, however."

"Your deductiong skills are astute. Each member strives for power, accruing power in the form of favors or concessions from others, both inside the covenant and outside. Those who gain power are rewarded with more power. Newer members are inducted and instructed by older memebers, and the newer members in return do favors for the older members. Each gains power from the arrangement. We have our titles, which is its own form a power. I am a Knight, which means I have sworn oaths to defend the invictus, much like you likely swore for your people in your kine days, and like my father swore for his people. I protect them, and they honor me for it. Additionally, there are others like Soldier Konstantine, warriors, but without the oaths binding them. They are more mercenary in their outlook, although I cannot speak much of them, having only seen how they operate from the outside. From that power and patronage system, wealth, followers, food and tutors come easily to members." She pauses. "Priscus Von Schusten, do you have any questions about the covenant I can answer for you?"

And there it was, the mention of the induction to the Covenant. Likely something that had much to do with why she had wished to speak with him here tonight. Probably the subject that would allow him to learn the most about her intentions. "So the induction process you mentioned; it is a form of patronage then, an arrangement of mentor and student, liege and vassal?"

"To be totally accurate, the best analogy is parent and child. When one makes the choice to enter the invictus, an existing member sponsors them. The sponsor then becomes like a parent to the new invictus members, as they go through an induction period. The sponsor nurtures the new member, teaches them, protects them and cares for them. In return, the new member does the simple chores that are asked. As the new member shows greater aptitude and skill, they are given greater freedom and less protection, much like the accelerated growth of a kine child. Finally, when the sponsor beleives that the new member is fully ready, they present the member to the leadership of the Invictus, who test the new member. Upon completion of the test, the new member is released from the sponsor, and begins their own journey."

"I see. And you have invited me here tonight, I assume, because you wish to recruit me to the Invictus?" His voice remains mild, features neutral. Few of his own thoughts or motivations apparent as he seeks to confirm what he already suspects.

"That indeed was a point on the agenda. But I also wanted to learn about you. The Invictus does not go recruiting every half-wit who can swing a sword. You are a noble, you understand the burden of power, the pain of responsibility. You also would understand the benefits better than any commoner. That is why I would like to recruit you into the Invictus." She is polite, friendly, and engaging.

Wilhelm nodded slightly. "The Invictus is indeed a Covenant that I am considering, one of two. The decision of which Covenant to join is an important one though, and one that I am giving a great deal of thought to." He pauses a bit, wondering if it would be wise to continue with what he was about to say. But perhaps Regina was capable of providing insight that could help his own decision. "I know that Harpy Naetesh, at least, feels that I would be well-suited to the Ordo Dracul."

"Hmmm, an interesting consideration. The Dragons and the Estate are well aligned in this domain. The dragons however, are focused more on the esoteric, and transcension of the detriments of vampiric unlife. Whereas we focus on the one eternal constant in life and unlife: Power. No matter how close to human a dragon becomes, Power is something they must seek without the aid and benefit of the Invictus. The Invictus has schools to teach its members how to improve themsevles. I myself run such a school of Arms. I know not if the Dragons are so willing to share their hard earned secrets with each other; or if they are like most scholastic orders, and jealously guard their secrets from each other."

Hmm...but for us the drawbacks inherent of a Vampire's Requiem are indeed eternal as far as we are concerned. "I see, that would certainly seem to be an apt comparison between the two." Wilhelm leaned back in his chair, one hand rising to stroke his goatee thoughtfully. "It would seem that I have much to consider."

"Indeed. It is my hope that you will choose our covenant." Regina looks at the khatar on the wall. Sabri had given her such a blessing in this hotel.

Wilhelm's own gaze follows Regina's, flickering briefly over to the khatar on the wall. "Is there some significance to that blade?" He could think of no other reason why she would look to it now, after all. Or why it would hang in such a prominent location in the room.

"Indeed. It was given to me as a gift by the original owner of the hotel, Madam Sabri Nidra. She and I have arranged an agreement such that I manage the hotel for her while she is away. Such contracts eventually can grow into Houses, like the House of Millar that the prince is a member of. Not that I desire to rival the Prince mind you." She chuckles.

"Indeed, I doubt any attempt to amass the same level of power as Prince Clarke would end well for the ambitious individual. He has done a truly masterful job in consolidating and securing his power and influence." Wilhelm glances briefly about the room, "Shall I allow you to get back to your night, Deputy Pia, or is there anything else you would like to discuss with me?"

"No, Priscus Von Schusten. I hope you will take my words to heart." She stands, and gives a nod of her head. "it was indeed a pleasure to speak with you, and it is my hope that no matter your choice, we can continue to discuss and reminisce about europe. In time, I would love to learn more about your territory."

Wilhelm rises from his sitting position as well. "Of course, I wish you well until we next meet then."