Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Looking at letters

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

HAL holds out a placating hand, looking around to ensure no-one had overheard.

"A pleasure also, Dorian. I could not help but notice your studies-stroke-interests. You have an eye for the theatre?"

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam holds the phone to his ear. When he speaks, he isn't loud, but he doesn't use his library voice.

"This is Sam. I did some research on that new tat. It translates to something like 'The Ear Will Bring the Truth'. That isn't as strange as it sounds. I think something got lost in translation. I'd like to track down where this tat came from. You know me and language mysteries. I gotta chase it down like you chase down the chicas, right?"

-----------

"Rockin', Jose, thanks."

He pauses before he hangs up.

S
    Steven

Dorian looks around, with no one in ear shot he turns back to the Sovereign "We... Do not know. We are Darkling, we are mirrorskin. Before this..." He gestures to himself with his black eyes, white skin, with black burned lines all over his face and hands. "We do not know what we were."

"We ... think we were an actor ... We do not know. We are drawn to Masks"

HAL listens and traces his fingers along his own dark face with lines of light pulsing over his skin and red pinpoint eyes.

"Sometimes it matters not what we were but what we are that counts. Fear what may happen not what has happened. It is too late for that, Dorian."

S
    Steven

"You are Very Wise sir, We apologize for our... inadequacies. May We be of any service to you sir?" Dorian asked showing proper deference to the leader of the Autumn

HAL shakes his head and leans forward, stopping three inches from the Mirrorskin's face.

"No Dorian. Simply be more careful-stroke-considerate with certain terms in certain surroundings." Stepping away with a dangerous smile, HAL nods to Dorian.

"I'm sure you will find those books more than adequate."

S
    Steven

"Yes sir, We Thank you sir." Dorian turns and sits down before the books that the Sovereign gave him and began reading.

HAL nods and leaves the mirrorskin to his devices, spotting Sam Skrit but leaving him be.

Spring and Autumn should not mix.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam looks up to see HAL walk by. He glances to where HAL had come from and sees Dorian. He looks back at HAL until the Autumn Sovereign is out of sight, then he gets up and approaches Dorian, circling around to the front so as not to surprise him.

"I haven't seen you around. New to the area or new to the world?"

S
    Steven

looking over the books

Dorian looked over the books and could not see, besides the obvious, any hidden meaning to the books. As Sam came up to Dorian he looked up. His face is cold slate with no emotion, Another one of ours, how long till he rebukes me.

"Yes we are new, relatively, We are Dorian, And you are?" He stands and extends his hand.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread