Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Chapter House

Page 4 of 21 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Stephen had said "we need to find them", Gideon had countered with "the new Kindred of Sacramento need to". Normally Headstrong would side with Gideon, but in this instance... Gideon was just not used to dealing with the less philosophical and more direct threats to the Order. But that hardly mattered; that was her job anyway.

Headstrong decides to say or betray nothing for now. Her companions had been with her long enough to sometimes understand her even if she withheld all visual cues and there was no reason to rush this matter. Headstrong would rather be safe than sorry.

L
    Laufrey

Looking to the door leading outside followed by the ash with his eye then finding the interior of the house Stephen think a moment before replying, "Biological is the only thing I've witness that could have similar effects, while it could be mystical I imagine that whatever did it would likely have done more on the follow up considering it appears to be the sickness mentioned before. Maybe the Circle of the Crone would know more or even the Lancea as this does have a bit of an old testament feel to it." Shaking his head as though to dispel something he continues, "Regardless we need to secure this place so what's next, there might be somewhere else in this place."

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong carefully moves toward the front door and, with a last look outside, closes it.

"We need to look everywhere in order to make sure this place is secure. However, if we storm into every room and upturn every box we will destroy most of the forensic evidence and most likely trigger whatever individual security measures the Dragons had taken against thieves."

"I suggest we verify that each and every recent death here was caused by this biological assault. There's another casualty in the kitchen. And two more in the study. Stephen, if you're up to it, I'd like you to repeat this procedure in the kitchen and, after a little censorship, the study."

"Afterwards we'll head upstairs -there were several rooms that remain locked- before finishing with whatsoever lies below. I would advise against splitting up unless absolutely necessary."

L
    Laufrey

This time his head shake is in the negative, "No, knowing what happened to these two we need to clear the whole house before we investigate. We start with this level then move up to finish with the basement, no stopping to check and see what things are just clearing. Provided we don't find anything it should be quick."

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

"This isn't up for discussion." Headstrong states simply before deciding she could afford to explain herself further to Stephen.

"You're still shook up from your vision, Stephen. As long as we clear the house before daybreak I see little reason to hurry. Especially given the nature of their deaths. Because if we do find anything it could be very well be quick and lethal instead of just quick. We need to approach the situation with all due caution. "

"Think about it:

Whatever lies behind the locked doors didn't react to my checking of the doors
    or my presence in general. Therefore it's highly unlikely it would react to our actions on this floor. So searching here poses little risk while we might gain a clue as to what to expect behind the locked doors. Unless there is a reason to suspect thereis some danger we need to preempt right now this is the best decision."

"Worst case scenario we learn nothing new, the doors hide empty rooms and we wasted a few hours to establish we made no progress. Best case scenario we learn what lies behind the doors before opening them and sidestep any potential traps and other unpleasant surprises."

Headstrong had ignored what she thought was Stephen's slip-up but if he was repeating himself now that meant it either wasn't a slip-up or a good way to get him to think.

"
    I need you to focus. What exactly did you see? And what did you mean with "these two"? You're the only one that has seen what happened. We won't make you check the other dead if you don't want to but I need to know what happened." Headstrong prodded.

L
    Laufrey

Stephen looks at Headstrong with an angry look, "Considering the number of fresh Kindred in town, if I was so inclined to hijack the Ordo of Dracul's library or whatever, anytime would be perfect and no I wouldn't react to you checking the doors or your presence I'd wait to ambush you upon coming into the room, stopping to investigate something or slip out when you're busy. Just because there's no creatures doesn't mean no other monsters lurking. We have time to investigate, I'm looking to safe guarding your Orders secret's from the unworthy." Without missing a beat or pausing as he'd gotten warmed up. "And what I saw was just like what I've seen in war as a mortal with biological attacks, people dying from something that ate them from the inside out without warning or anything to denote the attack. Logically with what's been given let alone our presence in town the effect was area affecting which supports the simultaneous effects I witnessed. Now are we investigating or making sure there's no one hiding?" Having said his piece he waits, he'll do whatever is decided as he's stated his case and is done with the argument.

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Stephen's heated words elicit a raised eyebrow from Headstrong. Obviously, whatever he'd seen had shook him beyond his capacity to moderate even his tone of voice. The Ordo Dracul knew some very effective techniques that would guard against such and much stronger outbursts...

He made many assumptions. Assuming whoever left the footprints -or someone more stealthy- was still here, assuming they were a threat but for some reason chose to hide instead of flee the scene, assuming the three of them wanted to run into the trespasser...

Yes, if one assumed all that Headstrong might have ruled differently but currently she was the only Axe-Sworn she knew of in Sacramento. Laying down her unlife would be meaningless if that left Gideon without protection from whatever could take her out.

No, her mind was set.
    Headstrong thought about laying a comforting hand on Stephen's shoulder but decided against it. She was many things but 'comforting' was hardly one of them. Concession time, then.

"Both, in due time. We can't risk what might very well be the entire Sacramento branch of the Order and the long term safety of all it's research for the short term safety of a fraction of the research."

"Nevertheless, you make a good point about hidden thieves. We'll investigate the study first. The ashen footprints lead there. If you could see something about who made them and when they were made I think you'd contribute to safeguarding the Order's research."

Gideon contributes nothing, looking from one speaker to the other as though he were a spectator at a tennis match. The expression on his face... well, there really isn't one. He's quite blank. From experience one could realize that he's simply bored, waiting for the two to come to a conclusion.

L
    Laufrey

Stephen motions that he'll follow Headstrong's lead or go ahead of her as desired to the study, his intent is to investigate mundane first and then if needs be move to more esoteric talents.

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong leads the party into the study. She almost asked them to keep their ears and eyes open but realized that would only upset them unnecessarily. Stating the overtly obvious was her way to deal with stress, best not show too much stress.

Instantly looking for any footprints, Headstrong motions Gideon to look at the open book and the bookshelves -even a cursory scan of the titles and subjects might yield a bit of information- and Stephen to the separate pile of ash. She herself takes a few moments to see any left over footprints and studies the armor and fish tank with greater care but refrains from touching anything.

Page 4 of 21 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread