Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Chapter House

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Narration:

After checking the areas around major museums and the public library and coming up short, Headstrong and Gideon start looking for more obscure locations. A check of local Yellow Pages reveals a "Center for Geneology Studies" in the northern part of the greater Sacramento area. Heading there, they notice about a block away a large house - more a small mansion, really - with gothic-style archetecture and some subtle design elements - a certain sort of tile, dragon door knocker - commonly used by the Dragons to indicate a Chapter House. It is located across the street from a large cemetery.

L
    Laufrey

Stephen laughs lightly and only loud enough for the other two to hear upon seeing the gothic mansion. "Seriously," He looks to Headstrong and Gideon, "go ahead and tell me that's not a fucking modern dragons lair if there ever was one." He seems to look a bit more *Auspex 1* "Oh wait, are those scales, maybe it's just the dragon itself, my mistake. Why do I have the feeling I'm going to be haunted from seeing something tonight?" While his humor was sincere it wasn't stinging as he scanned the surrounding area. He waited for the others to choose what was next as it was their show and he was support at this point.

Gideon murmurs in the back of his throat. It's a sound which is equal parts unimpressed and disappointed. "A bit on the nose. I suppose given the popularity of Victorian style architecture in post-Gold Rush California, this is somewhat excusable, but still, it's rather obvious." He ignores Stephen's comments, but its clear from his tone that he rather agrees with the Carthian.
    Eyes turn to Headstrong, and he asks, "I assume you want to go first and make sure nothing kills us all?"

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong grunts in agreement to both Stephen's and Gideon's assessment while scanning the grounds.

"That's the way it's going to be, sorry to hog all the fun." Headstrong says absentmindedly while scanning the Chapter House's exterior.

"It's foolish to assume that whatever hit Sacramento spared the Dragons entirely. So who knows what we'll find in there. Basic approach. Give me a good thirty seconds before following me in, once inside keep ten feet between us at all times. "

Glancing back to the foreboding cemetery and scanning the street
    one last time Headstrong adds.
    "And Stephen, please do stick to Gideon while I explore."

Narration:

Headstrong notices nothing amiss regarding the cemetary, and nothing interesting happening on the street, but she does notice the Chapter House looks awful dark... no visible lights are on at all, even through those upper story windows not fully covered by curtains and drapes.

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Meaning either no one is home or someone is lying low or waiting. Either way, she was screwed since it meant she'd have to use the flashlights until she could turn on the regular lights. She was giving her presence and position away the very moment she entered and was at a distinct disadvantage if the regular lights couldn't come on.

The duty to go first and protect the even more vulnerable Dragons like Gideon. At times like these it was a goddamn crappy job. But she wasn't Axe-Sworn for nothing and without outward sign of hesitation or fear she decisively walked up to the house, took out her flashlight and tried the door.

As she tries the door, it easily swings inward a few inches. She can see that the door jamb has been shattered, indicating that the door has been kicked in.

((ST Note: Make a Wits + Perception check and a Wits + Survival check; if you don't have dots in Survival, the second would be Wits -1 for nonproficiency))

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

[spoiler]2009-06-18 11:43:51 Headstrong rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 4, 8, 7, 2, 7 1 success[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]2009-06-18 11:48:31 Headstrong rolls 1 to Perception-y (10 Again) 2 failure[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]2009-06-18 11:48:46 Headstrong rolls 1 to not Perception-y (1s Subtract) 4 failure[/spoiler]

L
    Laufrey

Considering it was a Dragon Chapter house Stephen didn't bother to argue and so leaned against a wall while watching Headstrongs every move while using his other senses to keep track of the area around him and Gideon. He held his obfuscated gun between both hands, much like monks do although it was so he could draw the baton as needed first thing. He hoped Headstrong didn't find anything worth dealing with, but you can never know in a Dragons lair.

Narration:

Headstrong notices a long, thick pile of greasy ash spread across the floor and carpet right inside the open doorway.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread