The soft glow of christmas lights filled the room with a dim, soft aura.

Obsidian stood behind Daniel, a large college football player, second string, barely, but built like a Norse warrior. His muscles were prominent and toned, but not bulky. His skin pale, like an Irishman. his bleach-blonde hair barely hinted at the black roots.

She leaned forward and put her lips near Daniel's ear.

"Daniel?" she whispered.

"Yes, Sister Darkness," responded Daniel.

Obsidian moved her lips to Daniel's other ear.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, Sister Darkness," answered Daniel.

Obsidian put a black cloth around Daniel's eyes and tied it securely. Then, she walked around front and kneeled before him. She lifted Daniel's left hand from his thigh and stroked it.

"For the Brotherhood of Asatru, I bless your shield arm."

Obsidian drove her fangs into Daniel's wrist. He inhaled as instant pain became overwhelming pleasure. His head lolled back slightly. Obsidian did not take too much, though she lingered long enough to savor the youth and vitality of this masculine athlete. She closed the wound and sat back on her heels. Daniel sighed. Obsidian placed Daniel's hand back on his thigh.

"For the Brotherhood of Asatru, I bless your sword arm."

Obsidian picked up Daniel's other hand and sank her fangs into the wrist. Daniel's head lolled forward and his breathing shuddered in ecstacy. Obsidian savored again, then closed the wound and replaced Daniel's hand back on his thigh.

"In the light of the present era, you are an athlete. In the shadows of history, you are on the path to becoming a warrior. You must study to succeed and practice to excel. Shed the blindness you wear and let yourself see as a warrior."

Daniel felt lightheaded, but he attributed this to the power of the ritual. He removed his blindfold and looked upon Obsidian with intense eyes.

"I see you, Sister Darkness, with the eyes of a warrior."

Obsidian bowed before Daniel, then rose to her feet. Inside, she was smiling.

He isn't stupid, just sheltered. Good clay for molding. A good body for training. Let his vision be his blindness, Sobo, and I believe he will do well in your service.