Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Hollow Beings

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

After leaving Treasured Sable and Josh head toward the train station as directed. Sable asks to stop at a Wal-Mart in a shopping plaza along the way and she picks up a pair of jeans that fit her and a cozy gray jacket suited for the chill winds of the beginning months. The rest of the money, that she got from Katrin, she sticks in the pocket of her new coat to save for when her tummy grumbles again. She lets Joshua do whatever shopping he wants at the Wal-Mart then they continue on their journey.

When they arrive at the Amtrak station its busy with commuters rushing in or out of turnstiles and ticket gates.

"G...Giana, right? With glasses?" Sable asks Josh, with timid tones. The hustle and bustle obviously making her uncomfortable.

As noted, the station is quite busy with commuters coming and going, rushing past Sable and Joshua without a second glance, especially now they have some new clothing.

Looking around, they can both see signs for the ticket booth not far away.

L

Rick entered the station, the ticket he'd received from HAL tucked safely away into his wallet. Admission to a Common area for the Freehold as opposed to the trains, or so HAL had told him. And, hopefully, his key to locating Emma. He glanced around briefly as he entered, his keen gaze quickly picking up the signs for the ticket booth that he wasted no time in moving towards. His course, one that would take him close to Joshua and Sable. Though he does not appear to notice either of the two yet.

In the busy station, Rick can see the overhead signs for the ticket booth, and the queue leading up to it.

L

Rick paused a bit before entering the line, glancing about in attempt to get a clear view of the ticket booths. More importantly, trying to get a clear view of their operators. He didn't want to have to wait in line for who knows how long just to find out that he'd needed to be in a different line to see Gianna after all.

The line swiftly vanishes as Rick steps into line. Literally. Its almost as if the patrons were simply figments of his imagination, ghosts that seem to react and fade to his Wyrd nature.

Sitting behind the glass is a woman with the biggest pair of spectacles in the world and a nametag that states 'Gianna'. If there's anything fae about her, its hidden well.

Gianna

L

Is she ensorcelled, or did she just reinforce her mask? Surely the Sovereigns wouldn't place an ordinary mortal in charge of something like this. At the very least she should recognize their names. So Rick slides the ticket from his pocket and presents it to her, the quietly confident smile not wavering. His voice is pitched low, something Gianna could pick up but anyone outside of the immediate vicinity was unlikely to. "Mr. Liebowitz sent me, to help put Mr. Turkleton's affairs in order."

The woman takes the ticket and examines it closely through her glasses. She then sniffs it before licking it. Glancing up at Rick she squints before eyes widening and beams.

"Of course you are! You must be Horace's Legate. How wonderful to meet you. I'm Gianna, Commons caretaker."

L

"I am, my name's Rick Pereg. It's a pleasure to meet you, though I could have hoped for better circumstances." A brief flash of sorrow crosses Rick's features. "You've heard about what happened to Mr. Turkleton, I assume. Mr. Liebowitz wants me to speak to Emma about it."

"Oh my boy, you can speak freely here," Gianna says indicating the immediate area surrounding the booth. "We're protected from prying eyes, ears, tongues, fingers and noses."

If Gianna has heard the news or not, she doesn't react to it.

"Yes, I heard. What do you expect from a Summer? I suppose its what he would have wanted."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread