Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Pack Meeting

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew considers for a moment. "With what we're looking at, any place that we're likely to be able to afford would be in pretty bad condition. And cramped, especially if the pack ever expands. I think an abandoned place is our best bet for now. If nothing else, it will make moving elsewhere later less of a hassle. In fact, it's probably best if we just use this building for now."

Matthew's tone takes on a slight edge. "I would have liked to finish what we started with Light Engulfing Forest, but unless Alex gets his priorities back in order, we don't have the manpower to make the right impression. Our most important goal right now is finding new recruits, people who are actually reliable."

Shadow Tongue

PRE

Shadow Tongue growls at the thought of Alex not being at this meeting. The Doctor's personal life may be too complex for him to divide his attention. Do so was he choosing the human world? There was much at stack with the Hisil.

Andrew gave up his human self for the needs of the Spirit. Alex could sacrifice a little.

"It's a shame Leo has moved on. He may be back one day. Until then we can put our noses to the ground and seek out new members. They wouldn't stop running across our land a few months back. I had to chase one pack out. Should we call some of the other Alpha's and see if they've come across any loners recently?"

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew considers for a moment. "I'm not sure that's something I feel comfortable asking another pack about. Maybe Mateo, but I don't know any of the others well enough to make such a request."

Shadow Tongue

PRE

"We are strong. We be able to fold in the Pack to our north. They seemed disorganized and leaderless last we met with them." Andrew is quick trow up his hands "I'm just throwing out suggestions. I know how violent that might become. But a Pack without leadership is a threat to everyone."

Firebringer

PRE

Shadow Tongue's words cut into Matthew, and even though he tries to give no outward sign, Andrew can see the look of pain flash through his eyes. His mind instantly flashes back to the challenge, Tony's words just before the fight began. Matthew's words come out just a bit too forceful. "No, Shadow Tongue." I am not Tony. I will not allow myself to become him.

Shadow Tongue

PRE

Andrew sighs, wishing he hadn't spoken. "We secure this place. Use it as a meeting place. And we will makes peace with Light Engulfing Forest. And we wait for the other packs to do find the shards scattered in their territory."
    Shadow Tongue counts each off on the table.

"The Marina Locus. Other Ridden hiding in our claim. What have we looked over with our focus on restoring the Hisil." Shadow Tongue sighs again and glances at silent Dave.
    "Your right Matthew. We need to take in any wandering Uratha."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew forces a smile, despite still being shaken up by the spectre of Tony. "I'm glad we're in agreement. I'll ward the perimeter tonight, and then we hunt?" Even as he says it, Matthew winces inwardly at the phrasing.

Shadow Tongue

PRE

"Then we hunt." Shadow Tongue grins and waits to be released before leaving the table.

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew nods once before heading for the door.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2