Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Returning to the gas station

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Man I can't ever get away from this thing can I?

Charlie parked in front of the Gas Station diner again, this time not in front of a gas stall. He had hoped by now they would have forgotten his face, he imagined they would since it had been a month.

Man has my memory gotten that bad?

Walking inside, he sat at the counter, seeing the kitchen behind the wall and wondered if any of the cooks from that night were still there. He waited to be served and contemplated spending any blood to activate his stomach again.

Been a while since I had me some sausage link, then again it will still be a while as I'll probably just puke it out anyway...maybe not then.

A waitress comes over with a glass of water and sets it in front of Charlie. "Would you like some coffee, sir?" she asks.

Charlie recognizes her from the last time he'd been here.

"Sure doll that'd be wonderful" he says, eyeing her briefly to look for any signs that would show she recognized him.

I highly doubt it thought, she sees eleventy billion people in and out all night I'm sure she forgot about us.

As he waits for her to pour him his coffee he looks down and says "Say I heard there was something crazy happening here bout a month back, friend of mine said it was an explosion or something. I thought it was bullshit but is that true?"

"The explosion? Yeah, that was crazy," the waitress says. "Some guy came in and dropped dead, then a truck blew up. The cops think it was his, and they say someone else was in the truck when it went up."

She shows no sign of recognizing Charlie as she says "I'll be right back with your coffee. Would you like regular or decaf?"

As she heads off, Charlie's cell phone rings.

See Comm thread for the call.

"Uhhh decaf is fine." Charlie says, more distracted by the fact that the police think another body was in there.

Was it the girl? How destroyed was the body?

Before charlie can think more he hears his phone and answers it

OOC

Charlie finishes sending his text to Alexander and then quietly hunches forward on the counter as he waits for the waitress to come back. He's grateful for the information his sire gave him, still part of him feels more shocked than he had been.

This is really fucked. If those tags are tied to an already open investigation on the Kemps or the Vances, or whoever was actually in the van then this means Denver Police and Sacramento police are still looking for the Kemps. Shit, I'm sure now that the police here have the van they've already put the word out. I need to know how badly destroyed that body was burned in the van. To make matters worst now there's another car that was torched. So was it the mystery people who stole the car and killed the Kemps that torched this one or was it one of our own again? I may have to get in touch with Priscus Konstantin on this one. I'm sure Alexander means well but this may be out of our hands and we need to act fast.

Charlie is deep in thought now, almost unaware of the other patrons sitting around him.

Charlie is so deep in thought, he doesn't even realize when the waitress arrives with his coffee. She pulls him out of his thoughts when she asks "What else are you having tonight, honey?"

He smiles and says "Should be okay for now. Although I may need some more coffee. got a long drive ahead." He says as he takes the first cup from her. "So someone was in the truck when it blew up huh?" he asks in a forced tone of surprise "Did they say who it was?"

Come on give me some gossip. If it's a kid they'd probably want to tell the public it was a young one to gain sympathy.

"Far as I know, they couldn't tell. They didn't know there was anyone in there 'til the firemen got the back open, then they found someone, all burnt up. One of the reporters, she said from the look of the body bag, it was someone small, probably a woman, but last I heard the cops hadn't released much. But the next day, some FBI fellows came in and asked questions. Bud, the owner, he says that means probably it was either a gangster hit, or a kidnapping or abduction, or terrorists."

She says the last word, "terrorists", with a tone of horror.

Charlie does his best not to laugh at the woman's horror at the thought of terrorism.

Yeah I wish. That would make things so much easier at the moment. Even gangsters would be easier because then I'd probably know who it was. I wonder if Alexander can come here dressed as a cop."

"Hm that's interesting. Did they ask you anything?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread