Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Showcasing at the Howling Moon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Bert spent the day going over his notes for the show. He knew what he would do in the middle but in terms of opening that was the trick. If he had the chance he'd talk to the emcee tonight and have him adjust the mic stand to be as low as possible so when he went onstage it would look hilarious based on the contrast. Then he'd start. His plan was to do roughly seven minutes of standup and then do two songs and then close either with another song or another joke that wasn't on guitar, it would depend on how they reacted tonight.

Getting out of his car again, Bert entered the comedy club and waited at the door to be greeted by the charming box office lady who greeted him before. He secretly hoped she wouldn't charge him again.

The same lady is still the first, delightful face that every patron would see, sitting there, reading another magazine. From what Bert can hear, there are a few more people in attendance and a little smattering of laughter.

Bert approaches the woman again and leans over her to gently say, "Excuse me. Hi i was here the other day. I'm here to do a showcase set for Paul. Is he here?"

She looks up from her magazine, placing it flat.

"Yeah darl, go on through," she replies, "Paul's in his normal spot." She returns to her article without charging Bert.

Must be a good sign.

Bert nods to her in thanks and then heads into the club. He spots Paul by his normal seat and walks over to him, calmly leaning down and whispers "Hi Paul I'm just checking in for the guest set tonight. Thanks again for having me out."

Paul is seated with the same piss-poor amber liquid that can be easily mistaken for lager.

"Ah, Henry. All ready for tonight. Good crowd in for once."

Bert looks around and smiles "Yes it would appear so. Am I going after the emcee or later on after that?"

"Go get yourself a drink and then we'll get you set up. How're you feeling?"

"Doin pretty good. How about you?" he asks taking a seat by Paul "I'll have a Guinness for right now if you have it. How's the crowd tonight? They good or are they low energy?""

Paul lifts a hand to the waitress who trots over and takes the order before shuffling away to get Bert's drink. The manager then shrugs.

"They're not bad, we've had worse recently. What can I say? Just good luck. You do well and there'll be a regular spot for you."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread