Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Correcting Mistakes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

NOS
    PRE

Michael was driving from the Lily and toward the Reverence after the ghouls at the Lily told him the Harpy was no longer working there. As he drove he was going over what he would say in his head.

Priscus Culler is bound to find out I wasn't in attendance at Court and it'll most likely anger him that he'd have to find me and perhaps bring me staked to the Prince to answer. Perhaps by cutting out the middle man it may lessen the negative light I've shed on myself. Who knows? The First Estate view acts of bravery/stupidly in their own unique ways. Still, maybe at least Lord Culler will be less agitated if he's spared the errand of dealing with me, I need him to be less agitated considering the request I'm asking from him.

When he arrived, Michael got out of his car and entered the goth club. Looking around for anyone working there that could help him find Harpy Naetesh

Harpy Naetesh happens to be walking past the door as Michael steps through it. She glances in his direction but does not really recognize him. Suddenly though she stops and looks at him.

"Excuse me sir, we have a dress code here." He can see this as well as he looks around and notices not a single person has on normal street clothes. The Harpy is dressed in a full length black gown with a low lace neckline and long flowing sleeves. The shoes she wears are black as well with very high heels. She walks toward him, a frown on her face.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

NOS
    PRE

Well this is already turning out to be a great idea. This is slowly reminding me of the south in the 1950s and that's not a good thing.

"I apologize Lady Naetesh, had I known I would have properly dressed. I only wanted a brief moment of your time, but if you'd rather we discuss it somewhere outside of the club due to my dress, I can do that. I'm Michael Hall by the way, I had met you previously at the Lily a while ago?"

He's not hostile or snarky in anyway when he suggests meeting outside, he's trying to be accomodating to the Harpy.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani looks him over again and then smiles. "Yes Mr. Hall, I remember you." She waves away his attire suddenly, disinterested. "No, that won't be necessary. The dress code is for the.......other patrons. Please, let us go to my office and we can talk more openly there."

She turns and leads Michael to her office, unlocking the door. Once they are inside she closes and relocks the door before turning back to him and offering him a chair.

"What can I do for you Mr. Hall? Or would this be about the Court you seem to have missed?"
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

NOS
    PRE

Michael feels somewhat at ease when she smiles at him. He follows her to her office, getting a feel for the club and considers coming back perhaps better dressed at a different time.

His ease disappears instantly when he sits down and then she prompts him about his Court absence.

Amazing, they really do keep track of our attendance.

Michael doesn't hesitate to explain and his tone remains calm the entire time. "This is about my absence that I am apologizing for as it is not intentional. In all of my time running around getting introduced to the right officials in this city I had forgot to check the Elysium boards and when I finally did, it was the night of Court. I sped to the location as fast as I could but alas, by the time I arrived, the doors were already locked and I could not get in. Still I understand this is no excuse for missing it and I decided that rather waste everyone's time trying to find me I'd approach those in charge now and properly deal with it however the Prince chooses."

He waits for her response, anticipating the berating he imagines he'll receive for his lack of having a good reason for missing.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani sits behind her desk and considers him as he speaks. She nods thoughtfully for a moment before responding. Her facial expression on pleasent politness does not change as the words tumble out of him and her demeanor remains relaxed.

"Who is it that gave you temporary acknowledgement until Court, if I may ask?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

NOS
    PRE

"It was Seneschal Heathcliff Staley who formally acknowledged me into the city." Michael said. Already imagining what his reaction would be to his mistake so soon after acknowledging him. He examines her face closely, waiting for her affect to change, and then he thinks perhaps she is not the one he should be worrying about.

I wouldn't be surprised if she brings the Prince or the Seneschal down here themselves to which i know it would not be as pleasant as she is currently.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani suddenly laughs. "Oh! No no dear you should be fine then. The Seneschal has the ability to formally acknowledge you. There is no need to concern yourself with getting someone else in trouble."

Her face become serious again, thinking. "However it is bad form not to attend Court, but you are not in as much trouble as you first thought. My suggestion is to apologize to Seneschal Staley as he is the one you disappointed and make sure you attend the next Court. Otherwise your acknowledgment will be revoked and you will become fair game to the Reeve and Hounds."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

NOS
    PRE

Michael is dumbfounded when Ishani laughs. He knows he should feel relieved but at the same time he feels like someone's about to jump out from behind a curtain and say gotcha or die

"Well I'm glad to hear that then." he said after a moment "I shall call Seneschal Staley immediately then and apologize and yes I will be sure not to miss the next Court date."

He nods to her and says "Well if there's no one else I should talk to then thank you Harpy Naetesh for advising me on this mistake. I wanted to be sure it was sorted out properly."

She gives him a reassuring smile. "Well at least you have the sense to admit to your mistakes and are willing to fix them. I appreciate your honesty. Is there anything else I can do for you this evening, Mr. Hall?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.