Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
M.C.Union: Just like you Imagined...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    M
    Markos Connelly

For being not open for business The M.C. Union was active with people. Most of the contractors had gone. Most of the necessities had been delivered but nothing that could spoil. Mark had made a point that no substantial amount of beer was to be delivered until 2 days before open. Except for his Guinness of course. Jayne and Mia were both working, helping to train in the new hires. Mia was working with the waitress's, showing them the ordering registers and such. Jayne was working behind the bar with two guys. Hire on bartenders. "You are in charge of your till. No one goes in your till without you being there. The waitress and bartenders split the tips but any shortages on the till comes out of those tips. Any Shortages beyond the tips come out of the paychecks divided equally between the staff." Jayne explains to the bartenders...

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge had waited for some time after court to see if Markos would actually come to see her. After some time she felt that she had waited long enough and the man must be busy. I hope he really does want to see me and wasn't saying that. I'm going to feel really stupid if he was just leading me on. She worried silently when suddenly the bus came to a stop. The driver told her that this was her stop and after getting directions to the bar she thanked the man and got off the bus.

She bent down and put her hands on either side of the German Shepherd's head to make sure he was looking at her, "We are going to see Mark. So you need to be on you best behavior. No growling at him or being mean...ok? I mean it!" She stood up and grabbed the harness in one hand and her cane in the other and Cerberus took the lead taking her to her to her destination.

She reached the door to the bar and pulled on the handle. She entered and recognized Mark's voice instantly. It sounded like he was talking to his employees. Dirge tugged awkwardly at her t-shirt and hooded sweatshirt. Dirge had come dressed in her best casual clothes, which consisted of the set that had the least amount of holes in it. Her bluejeans and her best black hooded sweatshirt were thread bare in a couple of places and there were only a couple of holes visible. On her head was an old worn NY Yankees baseball cap and around her eyes was a fresh clean black cloth blindfold that she was never seen without. Even though all her clothing was freshly cleaned she gave off the odor of fresh dug dirt and a creepy aura dispite her friendly, but nervous appearance. She took a deep breath and walked further into the bar. Her cane gripped in one hand and her guide dog's harness in the other. Ok, here goes nothing!

"Mark? Hey it's Dirge," the blind woman said when it sounded like they were done talking.

M
    Markos Connelly

"Umm Miss, you can't have a dog in here." One of the Random New Hires said to Dirge

Before Dirge could reply Mark walks out of the store room and says, "Jayne, whos that?" pointing to the new hire

"Thats Steph sir."

"Ey Steph, You're Fired." Mark said and walked past her

"What? But why?"
    Steph said shocked

"Because ya stupid," Mark said not turning around "Hello D. Ahm Glad yah stopped by." Mark moved to her cane hand and wrapped her arm around his placing her arm on his bicep. "I am gonna take yah tah my apartment upstairs. Tha Private Room isn't finished yet. Is that okay?"

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge was shocked that someone actually said that a blind woman with a service animal was told it could not enter. I thought everyone knew about the ADA.

She turned her head toward Mark when he grasped her arm. She smiled slightly when it sounded like he was glad to see her. Mark's offer to take her upstairs surprised her and her cheeks flushed a little. However, embarrassment wasn't the only reason for her caution. She didn't want to be alone in a strange place with someone she didn't know much about. Then again she knew Obsidian trusted him, and Cerberus was with her so after a moment she nodded. "Um...sure. I suppose that's fine. If you're not busy that is. I can come back some other time if you are..."

M
    Markos Connelly

"Naw Ahm not Busy, Jayne is my Manager she takes care of everything." Mark leads her to the steps. He counts them quickly. "There are <<Insert Number here>> Steps up" Mark advised Obsidian.

Once they were up the steps Mark opened the door and let her service animal take her inside. "Okay there is a couch off to your right with a Coffee table. There is two exits this one we just came in and an Exit at the back by the kitchen. Its a fire escape but it goes all the way to the ground. Steps no ladders. There is also a table and chairs in the middle of the room."

Mark was happy to see Dirge, He hadn't had a chance to get over to the 'Sid's temple and he felt bad about it. "Guess she didn't take it personally that Ah didn't come there." He thought to himself

Mark's Apartment/Loft was clean except for the ever present piles of books and papers on the table. He also had a number of pictures and photos spread out. His easel and paint sets were all over in the corner and he had a mini stage set up were a TV would normally be, Between the Two big windows, and on it was his tripod so it was not in the middle of the floor.

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge let Mark lead her and was glad for the announcement of how many stairs there were. When she entered the apartment she headed in the direction of the couch letting Cerberus lead her around anything in her way. "Thanks Mark," she said honestly.

then while taking a seat on the couch she let go of Cerberus' harness and he sat at her feet. When she was seated she set her cane on the coffee table in front of her. "Thanks for inviting me over. You have a nice place. I really hope they let you open it soon."

M
    Markos Connelly

"Yeah just an Issue with a Union. Funny the M.C. Union being held up by a Union." Mark smiled a bit. "Sorry Ah didn't get ahold of yah, ah have been busy with this whole mess and other deputy duties. Ah am really happy yah stopped by."

Sorry bout that girl down there, Some people are just stupid. Does Yah dog need anything? Water or anything?" Mark offered

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge had thought about asking for some water, but her cautious nature had kept her from asking him. However, now that he was offering it she spoke up to keep from being rude, "Cerberus would like some water. He gets pretty thirsty taking me around town."

"I understand that your busy so I don't mind. I suppose that it must be a lot of work doing all that you do." She paused for a moment and continued, "Oh, and don't worry about downstairs it happens sometimes. One thing being a blind haunt teaches you is to grow a thick skin."

M
    Markos Connelly

Mark walks over to the cupboard and takes out a bowl. He then takes a bottle of water out of the fridge and pours it into the bowl. Mark walks over and sets it in front of the Dog, "There yah go Cerberus. So Dirge, ya wanted tah talk, why don't you start the small talk." He says with the ever present smile in his voice.

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge smiled and down at Mark as he gave Cerberus some water. "Thanks, and I'm sure Cerberus thanks you too." She listened to the dog drink his water for a moment thinking how she would reply. After some time she reached a decision and spoke, "We don't really know much about each other. I'd like to get to know you a little better. How long have you been in the city, and what type of interests do you have?"

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.