(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall put on his Wayward But Well Intentioned Guy That Just Needs A Good Mother Figure In His Life smile. It was very similar to his Wayward And Mischievous Guy That Needs A Good Fucking smile, but tailored for older women. It just begged for hot cookies and milk, rather than hot sex.

"Hi, Ms. Avery? We're friends of Bernard... he invited us over. We're not intruding, are we?"

"Oh, friends of Bernard's? He doesn't really have many people over much. Come on in, I'll give Bernard a call."

She turns and holds the door open for Asia and Nightfall to step through. The smell of baking rises above all other things, cutting through the nostrils and making the mind go 'yum'.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Thanks!" Nightfall beams, and gives an artful sniff.

"What's that?" he asks with a voice full of wonder and curiosity. His Christmas voice. It also got used when he found out someone of the fairer sex didn't have a gag reflex, but no one here knew that.

And... he was curious. For the most part, he expected Mama Crunk to be a fry-er, not a baker.

Asia follows Nightfall in silently looking around as she enters. She gives Ms. Avery a big smile and a shy wave, but she remains shy. It is a lot easier to just let Nightfall do all the talking. Older women were more inclined to trust a handsome young man anyway. Pretty girls only aroused suspicion. Especially with mothers who had available sons.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Mama Crunk leads the two through to the sitting room and offers them a seat each on the couch, a two seated affair with lots of cushions and a throw.

"Can I get you both a drink? Bernard should be down in a minute."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Oh, please, thank you," Nightfall answered. "Do you have any milk? Do you need a hand?"

Just wholesome goodness here.

"Oh, what a thoughtful young man," she says with a smile and leads him through to the kitchen where several wire racks are placed on the sides, each one layered with different types of cookies.

"My Bernard loves cookies. Are you a fan, Mr...?" Mrs. Avery enquires as she gets some milk from the fridge and several glasses.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Neil, just Neil," Neil replied, smiling and holding the glasses steady. "Who isn't a fan? Does Bernard help? I used to roll the snickerdoodles in the cinnamon and sugar for my mom."

It was hard to keep the smile on his face as the wave of nostalgia washed over him, but, hell, he was a Fairest.

And there were cookies.

Mama Crunk seems to look very old at the mention of Bernard but smiles nonetheless.

"Bernard is a very busy man, Neil. He just hasn't got the time to help with baking." with a plateful of cookies and several glasses of milk, she moves back through to the sitting room and leaves them on the small wooden coffee table.

"Bernard? Some friends of yours are here," she calls from the room and waits for a few moments before yelling even louder. "BER-NARD!"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall helps her carry the glasses, and wonders at the irony of the Spring King's mother. "Well, you can call me if you want some help," he blurts out. Maybe the Wayward But Well Intentioned Guy That Just Needs A Good Mother Figure In His Life wasn't entirely an act.

"Sometimes I go visit the Alzheimer's patients at Amber Hill, I bet they'd love some cookies."

Hadn't he read smell was really closely linked to memory?

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread