Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Iron, Pumped not Cold (Open)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L

Rick racked the weights with a soft grunt. The slight, satisfying, soreness in his muscles a testament to the portion of the workout he'd just completed. He preferred to make it to the gym at least twice a week, to get in some weight-lifting and aerobic exercise. To re-condition his body to make up for the strength and stamina he'd lost during his time as wind in Arcadia. And the weight lifting portion was done for the day. So he grabbed his backpack and headed off to the treadmills. Time for a nice, relatively relaxing, jog to wind down the day's workout.

Rick is on the treadmill for about 2 minutes when one of the gym's trainers seemingly bounces next to him. She has shoulder length brunette hair, a pair of black shorts and a name tag that reads 'Sharon'.

"Hey there! How are you getting on? Need any help today?" Her voice is on the very brink between cute and annoying.

L

Rick blinked in surprise. Wasn't help usually offered to those who didn't seem to know what they were doing as opposed to those who were already occupied? But at least she was an enthusiastic employee, he mused. "Umm...hi. I think I'm fine right now. Thanks for the offer though." He flashes her a slight, grateful, smile as the treadmill's program begins to slowly increase the speed.

Not in any way dissuaded, Sharon presses on.

"And how are you finding your workout? Strenuous enough, or could you use a challenge?"

L

The question gave Rick pause, metaphorically speaking that is. A literal pause would have likely ended with him an undignified heap somewhere back behind the treadmill. He'd started his routine not long after arriving in Sacramento, and his strength had noticeably increased. "What I'm doing now seems to be working..." His stamina, however, had not yet increased by a similar amount. "...but what kind of challenge kind of challenge are you talking about?"

Sharon says alot. It is as if her mouth is running on a motor that is somehow invisible to even Rick's enhanced eyes. Its quite a lot to take in.

"Well, that depends. We have all manner of exercises and programmes that are suitable for all body types, unique to each individual. If you were after a more strength-based routine, we have a wide-range of resistance machines and free-weights to help, which then comes to the question of if you would be after explosive power, pure bulk or muscles designed for endurance activities. I would ask if you're after losing weight but it looks like your pretty fit as it is, and I noticed your running technique seems quite natural. Do you do much cardio?"

L

Rick blinked, again. It never ceased to amaze him how girls could talk so rapidly like that, or how they managed to do so without the apparent need to stop and breathe. Thank the gods that Terri never seemed to do that. "I'm mainly focusing on cardiovascular endurance right now. So yeah, I get a lot of running in." He was a bit surprised to hear his running style described as natural. All those years flying around in Arcadia certainly hadn't made that type of movement more familiar to him, quite the opposite in fact. Though he supposed a frantic escape through the Hedge on foot gave one plenty of incentive to learn in a hurry.

Sharon smiles like someone who may actually manage to increase her 'touching base with clients' quota for the month and starts to talk again.

"That's excellent! Maybe I can interest you in our highly qualified personal trainers who will be able to...." She goes on and on as Rick politely listens, taling about work rates, hourly rates, etc. In the mirrors opposite the treadmills however, a reflection of a woman walks by.

Perception roll for Rick. Cleareyes Blessing counts.

L

Rick manages to keep a polite smile on his face. All the while realizing that the correct answer had simply been Yes, I am satisfied with my workout. Or better yet just Yes. It so often seemed to be what a woman actually wanted to hear anyway. Idly his eyes began to scan the room...perhaps there was something he could use to excuse himself from his current situation.

2 Successes

The woman passing behind him pays him or Sharon any attention. She is dressed in a suit but has a nametag also and the air of management.

Oh, and to Rick's trained eye, it could basically be Terri if his love had curly blonde hair and no fae mien.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread